Thursday, July 28, 2011
City police go to 80 calls
The Holly Springs Police Department responded to 80 calls last week.
Interim chief John Norman said those calls included – disturbances, 12; alarm calls, 12; domestic disturbances, 2; larcenies, 1; accidents, 7; burglaries, 2; 911 hang-up calls, 4; medical and Marshall County Sheriff’s Department assists, 1; funeral assists, 2; robberies, 1; auto thefts, 1; and miscellaneous, 35. The dog catcher also responded to five dog-at-large calls.
Holly Springs police responded to or took reports on the following incidents.
Monday, July 28
• Found purse on Industrial Park/J.M. Ash Drive. Owner was contacted and purse returned.
• Harassment in the 700 block of Highway 7 South.
Wednesday, July 20
• Contraband in a correctional facility in 800 block of West Street. An arrest was made.
• Disorderly conduct in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive. An arrest was made.
• Domestic violence/simple assault in the 400 block of South Chesterman Street. Charges were filed.
• Disorderly conduct in the 200 block of East College Avenue.
Thursday, July 21
• Aggravated assault in the Moss Ave./Greenbriar Circle area. An arrest was made.
• Report was taken on identity theft.
Saturday, July 23
• Robbery in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Chief Norman reported two felony arrests.
Peggy Pigeon, 35, of the 200 block of Jarrott Street, was arrested and charged with contraband in a correction facility, he said.
Jamerson Kizer, 18, of the 100 block of Greenbriar Circle, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Norman said.
Officers reported other arrests and citations, which includes misdemeanor arrests – no/expired tag, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 4; no/expired driver’s license/DUI, 1 arrest; driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; contempt, 4 arrests; domestic violence/simple assault, 2 arrests; disorderly conduct, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page