January 20, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Missionary meeting Hopewell No. 2 missionary dept. meets every Wed. before the first and third Sunday at 6 p.m.
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m. New members always welcome.
• Helping Hand Club Davis Temple Outreach Ministry, the Helping Hand Club, 635 West St., will be giving away food to the needy on Sat., Jan. 22, 9-11 a.m. For more info. call Sis. Shawnee Paden at 662-333-6735 or Pastor Robert Davis at 662-512-8514.
• Class meeting The W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 Club will meet Jan. 22, 3 p.m. at Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7, Holly Springs. Important, please attend. Chairman, James Alford.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, 766 Evangel Dr., local singers will be participating. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the congregational singing also, 7 p.m.
• Missionary program Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2827 Hernando Rd., Jan. 23, 3 p.m., hosted by church missionary Linda Mathis. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Marco Finey, guest speaker, Marjean Myatt.
• Fellowship dinner Victoria United Methodist Church will host a dinner in the fellowship hall on Sunday, Jan. 23, after service. If you would like to join us for service at 11 a.m., we welcome you or just come and fellowship with us at 12 noon for the dinner.
• Usher day program Mt. Sinai COGIC, Mt. Pleasant, Sun., Jan. 23, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Sylvester Hamilton and Miracle Temple COGIC of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Musicians Appreciation will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, on Hwy. 72 in Mt. Pleasant, 2:30 p.m. Everyone is invited to attend. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor.
• REUNION MEETING Class of 1986, Holly Springs High School, will meet at 3 p.m. at Mr. Chic’s barbershop. All classmates interested in participating in the upcoming 25th year reunion are urged to please attend.
• Spay/Neuter clinic Jan. 24. Call ahead for appointment to 662-564-2900. Please tell us on message that you wish an appointment for spay/neuter.
• MEMBERSHIP MEETING The Marshall County Fair Association membership meeting will be held at the fairgrounds at 7 p.m.
• Reunion meeting Class of 1976, Holly Springs High School, will have a reunion meeting, Jan. 29, at Pizza Hut. All members are urged to attend.
• Musicians’ appreciation Isaac Chapel Church, honoring Eddie and Debra Wood, Sun., Jan. 30, 2 p.m. Rev. Willie Ward, pastor. Many groups on program. Everyone is invited.
• Birthday celebration Liberty Hill MB Church, 6496 Hernando Rd., Byhalia, for Pastor Calvin L. Raybon Sr., Sun., Jan. 30, 3:30 p.m. Many special guests and groups are scheduled. The public is invited.
• New Church hours Starting Feb. 1, Finley Grove Sunday school will begin at 8:45 a.m. and regular morning worship will begin at 10 a.m. Pastor is James C. Green.
• Reunion The Byhalia High School Class of 1991 has planned their 20th class reunion. Please respond before February 1 for important details about the reunion. Call 901-679-7743 or access us on Facebook, Byhalia High School Class Reunion-2011.
• Musical program Rising Star MB Church, Feb. 5, 6 p.m. All choirs and groups are invited to render a selection. Pastor Robert McClain.
• Ribbon cutting Mt. Ollie MB Church family cordially invites everyone to their ribbon cutting and grand opening of the new church, 2923 Hwy. 349 S., Potts Camp, Sat., Feb. 5, 2 p.m. Pastors, Rev. Clinton Knox and Rev. Anthony Marion.
• Free seminar Mt. Moriah Men of Faith Ministry, 3193 Marianna Rd., will host a seminar “Steps In The Right Direction,” Sat., Feb. 5, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m. Light breakfast and lunch will be served. Free to the public -- men, women and children are all invited. Pastor, Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page