Thursday, July 21, 2011
Holly Springs police go to 87 calls
The Holly Springs Police Department reported 87 calls for the week, according to interim chief Lt. John Norman.
They included – disturbances, 10; assaults, 2; alarms, 14; domestics, 3; larcenies, 4; accidents, 4; burglaries, 2; 911 hang-ups, 2; medical and sheriff’s office assists, 2; funerals, 3; malicious mischief, 2; and miscellaneous, 39. The dog catcher reported nine dogs at large.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, July 11
• phone harassment in the 500 block of South Center Street.
Tuesday, July 12
• domestic violence/simple assault and two counts of malicious mischief in the 200 block of West Woodward. An arrest was made.
• shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Two arrests were made.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of North Walthall Street.
• burglary in the 600 block of West Street.
Wednesday, July 13
• aggravated assault in the Hill Street area. An arrest was made.
Friday, July 15
• disorderly conduct in the 200 block of North Memphis Street. An arrest was made.
• disturbance in the Meadows/East Valley Street area.
• a malicious mischief in the 500 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Saturday, July 16
• malicious mischief in the 300 block of North West Street.
• broken car window in the 800 block of Highway 7 North.
• vehicle dropping off into a drainage hole at West Street and Salem Avenue.
• contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of North West Street. An arrest was made.
Sunday, July 17
• simple assault in the 600 block of East Salem Avenue.
• felony malicious mischief in the 500 block of Craft Street. An arrest was made.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Crestview Drive. Charges were filed.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of Hurdle Circle.
Four felony arrests were made last week.
Teresa Stewart, 34, of the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/simple assault and with two counts felony malicious mischief, Norman said.
Leatrice Thomas, 25, of the 300 block of West Park Avenue, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, he said.
Vickie L. Ellison, 44, of the the 3000 block of Winchester Avenue, Memphis, Tenn., was arrested and charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility, according to Norman.
Tasha Prather, 34, of the 1000 block of Fulton, Lot 2, in Corinth, was arrested and charged with felony malicious mischief, he said.
Officers reported these additional activities for the week – reckless driving, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; seatbelt violation, 1; improper equipment, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1 arrest; contempt, 2 arrests; public drunk, 1 arrest; leash law, 1 arrest; shoplifting, 1 arrest; simple assault, 1 arrest; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest; disturbance of family, 1 arrest; disorderly conduct, 1 arrest; conspiracy to commit a crime, false ID, and resisting arrest, 1 arrest; and simple assault, trespassing, shoplifting, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page