Thursday, July 21, 2011
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL Hopewell No. 1 M.B. Church, 365 Bonner Street, Holly Springs, 7 p.m. nightly July 20-22. Featured guests will be Wednesday night, Rising Star; Thursday night, Union Valley; and Friday night Strawberry.
• Day Camp Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd., 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Ages 5 - 18. Theme is “Jesus Gives the Living Water,” featuring a 16-foot water slide, outdoor games, cookout and more. Pastor is Larry West.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Sis. Catherine Walker, who has a heart problem will be held at St. Mark Church, 6 p.m. Host pastor is Rev. Patrick Bailey and sponsor is Betty Raimey.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar-Ashland, Hwy. 5, will have a singing with fellowship beginning at 6:30 p.m. Featured singers will be Picking Up The Pieces.
• LOVE DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have Pastor and lady-elect Tunstall’s Love Day, 7 p.m. at New Mt. Gilliam Church banquet hall. They will celebrate their homecoming at 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 24. The community is invited.
• Youth Camp “Zero Fear” hosted by AfterShock Youth Group of Friendship Assembly God, ages 8-18. Registration is $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• COMMUNITY PRAYER on the Marshall County courthouse lawn at 2:30 p.m. For more information call Autriniece Folsom, 662-551-2066.
• YOUTH CHOIR DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 2 p.m.
• ANNIVERSARY/HOMECOMING Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, 766 Evangel Dr., will observe its 47th Anniversary/Homecoming beginning with Sunday School at 9:45 a.m. International evangelists Tony and Marge Abram will be guests. Evangelist Robert Chumley and The Living Vision Singers of Atoka, Tenn., will be ministering in the morning worship. Dinner will be served at noon with singing and worship following.
• YOUTH CHOIR concert will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church at 2 p.m.
• HOMECOMING Free Branch M.B. Church is having their homecoming at 9 a.m. The community is invited. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
•ANNUAL FAMILY AND FRIEND’S DAY will be held at Shady Grove C.M.E. Church, Chulahoma, at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Chris Williams, and Mt. Sinai M.B. Church.
• VBS July 25-28 from 5:30 p.m. - 8 p.m., the First United Methodist Church in Holly Springs is hosting Vacation Bible School. Ages 3 through sixth grade are welcome! It is a joint Bible school with the Methodist, Episcopal and Presbyterian churches going in together. Stir It Up next week at the First United Methodist Church!
• Revival Strawberry MB Church, Highway 311 North in Holly Springs, and the host Evangelist Rev. Larry Shelton of Somerville, Tenn., invite you to join them for a “Spirit-Filled Revival” nightly July 25-29, at 7 p.m. “For more info. call Pastor Willie F. Jefferies at 662-252-5997.
• REVIVAL Bell Grove MB Church will have revival July 27-29, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. Whitfield from Chulahoma MB Church will be the guest speaker.
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• HealthFest in the Park will be held 10 a.m.-noon at the Byhalia Walking Track. Join the mayor of Byhalia, board of aldermen and the town clerk in fitness demonstrations, physical games, health screenings, healthy foods, and great prizes. The free HealthFest is funded by a grant from Delta Health Alliance. For more information, contact Linda Turner at 662-838-2163, ext. 258, Byhalia Family Health Center or Teresa Turner at 662-838-2135, Byhalia Town Hall.
• Youth Banquet Christ New Beginning will be celebrating their Youth and Young Adult Banquet on Saturday, July 30, at 6 p.m. Rev. Timothy Calhoun will be our guest speaker.
• FUN DAY FESTIVAL Finley Grove, Hwy. 7 North, will be having their first Fun Day Festival, 10 a.m.-until. There will be fun activities for everyone, singing, games, food and fun fellowship. The public is invited. Joyce Brown is program chairman. Pastor is Rev. James Green.
• CHOIR DAY The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Choir Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be the Mt. Pisgah C.M.E. Church Mass Choir of Red Banks, Mt. Zion M.B. Church Mass Choir of Red Banks, True Vine Faith M.B. Church of Piperton, Tenn., and the FBS Praise Team of Tupelo. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY for the Gospel Travelers will be held at Rising Star Church, 6 p.m. There will be several special groups performing. For more information call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• FAMILY AND FRIEND’S DAY will be held at Rising Star, Chewalla Road, 11 a.m. New Stinson and Pastor Melvin Fitzpatrick will be the guests. Sponsor is Lura Moss, 662-252-5391.
• REVIVAL Greenfield Church, 5024 Old Hwy. 7 South, Waterford, is having a revival July 31-August 2, 7 p.m. nightly. The guest evangelist will be Rev. Willie J. Lyons. Rev. Dr. Coker A.J. George is pastor. For more information call 662-252-1166, 662-252-3309.
• HOMECOMING SERVICE will be held at Bluff Springs Baptist Church, beginning at 10 a.m. with Bro. Clint Davidson. Bro. Jacob Davison will begin preaching at 11 a.m. Fellowship meal will be held with singing following. For more information call 333-4276 or 224-0362.
• SINGING Chewalla Baptist Church will have a special singing with Still Blessed Trio. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Jimmy Curle is pastor.
• GOSPEL EXPLOSION 2011 will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m. Featured singers will be Felecia Williams, Harold Turrentine & Peculiar, Holy Nightingales, Anointed Spiritualettes, Faithful, Mallory Boys, The Christian Young Men, Stars of Faith, Gospel Travelers, Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Harmoniers, Rejoice and others. Pat Boga is MC. For more information contact Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• HOMECOMING Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Road, Lamar, will celebrate their homecoming with Saving Grace Trio from Amory, 11 a.m., as featured guests. Dinner will be served at noon followed by concert at 1:30 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• PARENTS AND STUDENTS are invited to attend Meet the Teacher and Bring Your Supplies Night at Byhalia Elementary School, 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. School supply lists may be picked up at the school, in some local retailers and available online at www.bes.marshallcountysd.org.
• Revival Mt. Moriah MB Church, under the leadership of Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will host a “Soul Saving Revival” on August 9 – 11, at 7 p.m. nightly. The guest speaker will be Rev. Gerald Kiner, PhD, pastor of Jesus People Church, Memphis, Tenn. The public is invited to attend. Mt. Moriah is located at 3193 Marianna Road, Holly Springs
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY of the Rejoice Gospel Singers from Tupelo will be held at Jones Grove Church, 6 p.m. There will be other featured groups. For more information contact Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• MISSIONARY DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 2 p.m.
• MEN’S NIGHT will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, August 18 and 19, 7 p.m. nightly.
• ANNIVERSARY The Spirit of Life C.O.G.I.C. will have their Pastor and Wife’s Anniversary at 3 p.m. for Pastor Joyner Sr. and first lady Tonniestein Joyner. The guest church will be Powerhouse C.O.G.I.C. and the speaker will be Pastor Leon Gaston. The church is located on Old Hwy. 78 across from Wesco.
• HOMECOMING Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia Road, will have homecoming featuring The Mark Trammell Quartet from Gadsden, Ala. Dinner on the grounds will be held and singing at 1:30 p.m. Wade Crum is pastor. For info or directions call Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773 or Bubba Feathers, 901-497-8337.
• FALL REVIVAL will be held August 24-26, 7 p.m. nightly at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. will be guest speaker.
• MALE CHORUS ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m.
• CHOIR DAY will be held at Bell Grove MB Church, 3 p.m.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
The South Reporter
P.O. Box 278
Holly Springs, MS 38635
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page