Thursday, July 14, 2011
Police go to 91 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 91 calls last week, according to interim chief John Norman.
Calls included – disturbances, 9; alarms, 12; domestics, 4; larcenies, 9; accidents, 3; burglaries, 2; 911 hang-ups, 1; medical and sheriff's department assists, 4; shots fired, 1, malicious mischief, 2; and 44 miscellaneous calls.
Officers filed the following reports for the week:
Monday, July 4
• petit larceny in the 400 block of Van Dorn Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Van Dorn Avenue.
Tuesday, July 5
• missing wallet in the 100 block of Market Street.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Walthall Street.
Wednesday, July 6
• threat in the 800 block of East Rising Star Road.
• vicious dog attack of another dog in the 300 block of Cuba Street. Owner was allowed to move his dogs to the county.
Thursday, July 7
• grand larceny in the 100 block of North Walthall Street. Property was returned and no charges filed.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Martin Street.
• burglary of a rental property in the 100 block of Sharon Heights.
• reckless driving in the Industrial Park area.
Friday, July 8
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of Whaley Drive.
• malicious mischief in the Hudsonville Road area.
• disturbing the peace in the 200 block of West Valley Street.
• false pretense in the 100 block of North Memphis Street.
Saturday, July 9
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 800 block of West Ridge Cove.
• grand larceny in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
Sunday, July 10
• domestic violence/aggravated assault in the 200 block of East Valley Street.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Weaver Drive.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of South Maury Street.
Officers reported one felony arrest for the week. Judah Martin, 32, of the 500 block of West Sanders Avenue, was charged with resisting arrest and with tampering with physical evidence (crack cocaine), Norman said.
Officers responded to these additional activities - careless driving, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; failure to yield right of way, 1; loud music, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 1 arrest; contempt of court, 6 arrests; public drunkenness, 1 arrest; and petit larceny, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page