Thursday, July 14, 2011
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL will be held July 13-15 at the Spirit of Life C.O.G.I.C., Old Highway 178, across from WESCO Plant, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Albert Pass from Christ Temple C.O.G.I.C.
• VIP PARTY Help the members of the Chamber kick off the second annual Bikers’ Night Out in Blues Alley at a VIP cocktail party on the balcony at the Courtsquare Inn, 5 p.m. Tickets are $10. All proceeds benefit the Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce. Call 662-252-2943 for tickets.
• FUN DAY The Making Your Best Better committee will have a children, youth, and young adult educational fun day at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Center, 235 N. Memphis St. Admission is free. For more information call Autriniece Folsm, 662-551-2066 or Aslee Nunnally, 662-252-3012, or Gracie Echols, 662-252-3289.
• IDA B. WELLS Arts and Crafts Festival and Birthday Celebration will be held July 15-17 at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, 235 N. Memphis Street, Holly Springs. The banquet will be held July 16 at the Hudsonville Life Center. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• OPEN GYM NIGHT hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13 to 25.
• REUNION The Mayes/King Family reunion will be held at the Olive Branch City Park on July 15; at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building on July 16; and Free Branch and Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building on July 17.
• BENEFIT The Holly Springs High School Hawks football team will have a spaghetti dinner, 3-7 p.m. Plates are available for $6. Contact Shandra Isom-Crane for more information, 662-544-5949.
• Cancelled The fellowship supper at Victoria United Methodist Church has been cancelled.
• Praise Night II concert July 16, at New Dimension Salt and Light Ministry, 565 Neely Ave., 7 p.m. Many special guests. Sponsored by Elder Craig Williamson. Hosted by Pastor A. Allen. Special guests will be recording artist Rhekesha Vaughn and 23rd Psalms from New Albany; and St. Paul Skipper Springs Church Mass Choir from Grand Junction, Tenn.
• Prayer Breakfast at Grays Chapel CME Church, 3682 Hudsonville Road, Holly Springs, on July 16 at 9 a.m. The speaker will be first lady Corrine T. Crittle of Macedonia MB Church, Memphis, Tenn. Donation is $5. Rev. Brian Davis Sr. is pastor.
• TEENAGE WORKSHOP will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, for ages 13-21, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. There will be motivational speakers, gospel rap artist, local and out-of-town entertainment. Call 662-629-0360.
• GARAGE SALE Spring Hill Baptist Church, Bethlehem Road, Waterford, will be hosting a totally free garage sale giveaway. This is a church-wide outreach for our community, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the church multi-purpose building.
• FARMERS MARKET begins Saturday, July 16, and every Saturday through Saturday on the Holly Springs historic square.
• VBS will be held at Red Banks United Methodist Church, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. for kindergarten through 12 years old. Fun, games, good time and learn about the Lord.
• SINGING Clear Creek Baptist Church will host a gospel singing featuring the Barnetts from Stanton, Tenn. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Love Appreciation for Pastor Frank and first lady Deneise Moore will be held at Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Road, 2:30 p.m. Pastor James Henderson and Zoe’s Baptist Church will be guests. For more information call 901-487-3067 or 851-3388.
• Usher day St. Mark MB Church, host pastor is Patrick Bailey. Usher Day, July 17, 2:30 p.m. Guest pastor will be Robert McClain and Rising Star Church.
• FAMILY & FRIENDS’ DAY The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Family & Friends’ Day, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder William T. Edmonds and the New Philadelphia Friendship COGIC of Memphis, Tenn., and the Sand Hill M.B. Church Mass Choir of Lamar. Dinner will be served following service. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. Everyone is invited.
• FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT PROGRAM will be held at New Dimension Church, 565 Neely Ave., 3 p.m.
• FAMILY & FRIENDS’ DAY will be held at Mt. Teamer CME Church, 813 Musgray Road, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Tony Wilkins with choir of St. Paul CME Church will be featured guests. Rev. Willie Harper is pastor in charge.
• REVIVAL Spring Hill Baptist Church, Bethlehem Road, Waterford, will hold revival services July 17-July 20. Reverend Jimmy Furr, director of Missions, Huntington, Tenn., will be leading revival services with Tom Wilson, minister of music, North Oxford Baptist Church leading music. Services will begin Sunday 10:30 a.m. and at 6 p.m. Sunday night. Monday through Wednesday services are at 7 p.m. John Parker, pastor, invites everyone to attend.
• OLD LAND MARK PROGRAM will be held at Reid’s Gift M.B. Church, 9 a.m. The public is invited. Rev. Jerry L. Williams is host pastor.
• APPRECIATION Pastor Denise A. Modest’s and Mitchell Modest’s appreciation will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 3 p.m. Rev. Deldrick LeaSure, pastor of Cooper Chapel CME Church, will be guest speaker.
• VBS Hernando Road Church of Christ, 1235 Hernando Road, will have Vacation Bible School, July 18-22, 7 p.m. nightly. Transportation is available. Call 252-1808 and leave a name and number for pickup.
• VBS in the Park Come join Opulent Life Church for Inside Out Upside Down on Main Street VBS. Excitement and fun await. Each day kids will participate in group music, snack, physical activities, crafts and other projects. Kids aged 4-18 are welcome. Join us July 18-22 at the park at College Ave. and Boundary 5:30 to 8 p.m. For more information call Pastor Telsa or Tamirra DeBerry, 662-252-8308.
• VBS July 18-22, 6 to 8:30 p.m., VBS at Victoria Heights Baptist Church, U.S. Hwy. 78 and Victoria Road, Victoria, (look for the three crosses). Registration starting at 5:30 on July 18.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• BASKETBALL CAMP A boy’s basketball camp will be conducted at Sam Coopwood Park on Tuesday and Thursday, July 19 and 21 for boys ages 9-14, 5:30 p.m. For more information contact Bo Sellers, camp director, or Kenneth McMullen, Parks and Recreation director at 662-252-4807.
• Day Camp Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd., 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Ages 5 - 18. Theme “Jesus Gives the Living Water,” featuring a 16' water slide, outdoor games, cookout and more. Pastor is Larry West.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Sis. Catherine Walker who has a heart problem will be held at St. Mark Church, 6 p.m. Host pastor is Rev. Patrick Bailey and sponsor is Betty Raimey.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar-Ashland, Hwy. 5, will have a singing with fellowship beginning at 6:30 p.m. Featured singers will be Picking Up The Pieces.
• LOVE DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have Pastor and lady elect Tunstall’s Love Day, 7 p.m. at New Mt. Gilliam Church banquet hall. They will celebrate their homecoming at 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 24. The community is invited.
• Youth Camp “Zero Fear” hosted by AfterShock Youth Group of Friendship Assembly God, ages 8-18. Registration is $65 per person. To register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• COMMUNITY PRAYER on the Marshall County courthouse lawn at 2:30 p.m. For more information call Autriniece Folsom, 662-551-2066.
• YOUTH CHOIR DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 2 p.m.
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• Musical Praise Concert featuring Tim Rogers and the Fellows of Arkansas; Faithful of New Albany; The Newsom Singers of Senatobia and The Stars of Faith of Holly Springs, July 30, 6 p.m. Strawberry M.B. Church, Harold Jeffries, organizer 662-544-4378.
• HealthFest in the Park will be held 10 a.m.-noon at the Byhlaia Walking Track. Join the mayor of Byhalia, board of aldermen and the town clerk in fitness demonstrations, physical games, health screenings, healthy foods, and great prizes. The free HealthFest is funded by a grant from Delta Health Alliance. For more information, contact Linda Turner at 662-838-2163, ext. 258, Byahlia Family Health Center or Teresa Turner at 662-838-2135, Byhalia Town Hall.
• CHOIR DAY The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Choir Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be the Mt. Pisgah C.M.E. Church Mass Choir of Red Banks, Mt. Zion M.B. Church Mass Choir of Red Banks, True Vine Faith M.B. Church of Piperton, Tenn., and the FBS Praise Team of Tupelo. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• PRE-ANNIVESARY for the Gospel Travelers will be held at Rising Star Church, 6 p.m. There will be several special groups performing. For more information call Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• GOSPEL EXPLOSION 2011 will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m. Featured singers will be Feleica Williams, Harold Turrentine & Peculiar, Holy Nightingales, Anointed Spiritualettes, Faithful, Mallory Boys, The Christian Young Men, Stars of Faith, Gospel Travelers, Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Harmoniers, Rejoice and others. Pat Boga is MC. For more information contact Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• Revival Mt. Moriah MB Church, under the leadership of Rev. Dr. R. J. Wilson, will host a “Soul Saving Revival” on August 9 – 11, at 7 p.m. nightly. The guest speaker will be Rev. Gerald Kiner, PhD, pastor of Jesus People Church, Memphis, Tenn. The public is invited to attend. Mt. Moriah is located at 3193 Marianna Road, Holly Springs
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY of the Rejoice Gospel Singers from Tupelo will be held at Jones Grove Church, 6 p.m. There will be other featured groups. For more information contact Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page