Thursday, July 7, 2011
Police go to 99 calls
The Holly Springs Police Department responded to 99 calls last week.
Those included – disturbances, 8; alarm calls, 13; domestics, 1; larcenies, 4; accidents, 3; burglaries, 6; funeral assistance, 2; 911 hang-up calls, 2; welfare check, 1; stolen auto, 1; assaults, 4; medical and assists, 4; shots fired, 1; and miscellaneous, 49.
City police officers responded to or took the following reports.
Monday, June 27
• Shoplifting in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
• Leaving the scene of an accident in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
Tuesday, June 28
• Grand larceny in the 100 block of Wilson Avenue.
• Vicious dog bite on Chesterman Street.
• Possible attempted suicide in the 500 block of Swaney Drive.
Wednesday, June 29
• Grand larceny in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. An arrest was made.
Thursday, June 30
• Shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• Grand larceny/auto theft in the 700 block of Highway 7 South.
Friday, July 1
• Disturbing the peace in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
Interim police chief John Norman reported one felony arrest last week. He said Joseph Trevor Vickers, 21, of the 200 block of Sandidge Road in Byhalia, was charged with grand larceny/shoplifting.
Officers reported other citations and misdemeanor arrests during activity last week – no proof of liability insurance, 3; no/expired tag, 1; possession of marijuana, 1; driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; contempt, 2 arrests; public drunk, 1 arrest; malicious mischief, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page