Thursday, June 30, 2011
City police go to 98 calls
Holly Springs police officers responded to 98 calls last week and made one felony arrest, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Shanica Folsom-Alexander, 33, of the 200 block of East Martin Street, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, he said.
Calls included disturbances, 5; alarms, 5; domestics, 3; larcenies, 3; accidents, 3; burglaries, 2; malicious mischief, 2; funerals, 6; sheriff’s office or fire department calls, 1; 911 hang-up calls, 1; welfare checks, 1; assaults, 5; robbery, 1; shots fired, 1; and 59 miscellaneous calls.
June is the month for dog license renewals with the police department. Call the department at 252-2122 in advance to make arrangements with the person in charge of dog tags.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, June 20
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of Whaley Drive.
• burglary in the 300 block of West Chulahoma Avenue.
• contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street.
• petit larceny in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• grand larceny in the 200 block of South Center Street.
• simple assault in the area of Brick and Tile Road.
Tuesday, June 21
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 300 block of West Street.
• simple assault in the area of North Center Street (The Alley).
Wednesday, June 22
• malicious mischief that was determined to be a civil matter in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Thursday, June 23
• phone harassment in the 500 block of J.M. Ash Drive.
• malicious mischief in the 1000 block of West Woodward. A juvenile was assaulted.
Friday, June 24
• malicious mischief in the 100 block of McKinney Street.
• violation of a court order (civil) in the 500 block of J.M. Ash Drive.
Saturday, June 5
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of South Maury Street. An arrest was made.
• false pretense in the 200 block of Johnson Park.
• petit larceny in the 500 block of North West Boundary Street.
Sunday, June 26
• rape in the area of Highway 78 and Highway 7 South.
Officers reported these additional arrests or citations – no proof of liability insurance, 1; speeding, 1; reckless driving, 1; child restraint, 1; seatbelt violation, 1; loud music, 1; no/expired tag, 1; driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; no/expired driver’s license, 1 arrest; contempt, 3 arrests; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest; and malicious mischief, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page