Thursday, June 30, 2011
Calendar of Events
• A FUND-RAISER will be held at the Apostolic Church of Jesus, 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, June 29-July 5. The members will be selling fireworks – buy one, get one free.
• QUARTERLY MEETING Holly Springs Chamber of Commerce announces the second quarterly meeting from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Beckley Center across from Rust College. Lunch will be served; cost per person, $10. Please RSVP, 662-252-2943.
• Reunion The Craine Family Reunion will be held at the Shriners Building, Hwy. 4 East, 1 p.m. All family and friends are invited.
• REUNION The Marion and Pitts families will have a family reunion at Foxfire Ranch, 1465 Old Oxford Rd., beginning at 11 a.m. Pastor L.G. Bogard and the Springhill Church family, 930 Robert Ford Road, welcomes all family members to fellowship on Sunday, June 3, at 11:20 a.m.
• SINGING Chewalla Baptist Church will have a singing with Unity 4 as special guests. Fellowship will be at 6 and singing at 7 p.m.
• TOURNAMENT The first annual Chris Nickson Memorial Charity Basketball Tournament will be held at the Old Salem Gym in Ashland, 10:30 a.m.-4 p.m. For more info. call 901-604-5443 or 662-544-6014.
• WEEK-END FEST will be held at Dexter Birge Recreation Park in Como, 1-6 p.m. Free food and refreshments will be served 1-3 p.m. Admission is $25. For more info. call 662-609-2525, 662-526-9669, or 662-209-3800. Special guests will be Lee Williams and The Spiritual QCs, Memphis Harmonizers, Masonic Travelers and more.
• Hispanic Services at Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, every Saturday, 7 p.m. and Sundays at 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. The church is located on Friendship Road at the Victoria Exit.
• Fireworks and more! July 3, 6 p.m., Shiloh Baptist Church, 220 Quinn Rd., Barton. Come and enjoy.
• FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY at Miracle Temple Salt and Light Ministry, 1126 Allen Corner Road, Lamar, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be pastor Ronnie Franklin and the Hebron Church family. Bishop L.T. Mason is pastor.
• Church anniversary Pleasant Hill CME Church will celebrate their 137th anniversary, July 3, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker, Rev. Morris Stephens of Bates Chapel CME Church. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• HOMECOMING Wilkins Chapel CME Church will have their annual Homecoming Program at 3 p.m. Rev. Willie Jeffries and the Strawberry MB Church will be the special guests. Everyone is cordially invited. Dinner will be served. Rev. Robert Odum is host pastor.
• Homecoming Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 3193 Marianna Rd, Holly Springs, will celebrate its annual homecoming, Sunday, July 3, at 10:30 a.m. Rev. Michael Tyler, pastor of Greater Paradise Baptist Church, St. Louis, Mo. will be our special guest. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, host pastor.
• Men’s Gym Night - now open 6:30-8 p.m., every second and fourth Thursday night, sponsored by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry at Friendship Assembly of God. Ages 13 and older welcome. The church is located on Friendship Road at the Victoria Exit on Hwy. 78.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, 2 p.m., Hwy. 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• Homecoming and political rally Strawberry Church will be having its annual homecoming and political rally at 12 noon. All candidates are invited. For additional information please contact George Zinn at 662-544-3270.
• VBS Victory Baptist Church, 2550 Wall Hill Rd., will have registration for Vacation Bible School at a block party, July 9, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the church. Bible school begins Mon., July 10 at 6 p.m. and continues through July 15 nightly. Pastor Dewayne Wilkerson invites all. For more info. call 662-233-2208 or 901-299-4866.
• A car wash sponsored by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God will be held in the Kroger parker lot in Olive Branch. This is a fund-raiser for Speed The Light, a non-profit Christian ministry that provides money to missionaries to purchase vehicles and audio/visual equipment.
• Family and friends’ day Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., July 10, 2 p.m. Guest church will be Pastor Leroy James and Hopewell No. 1 MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor’s and wife’s appreciation, Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor, 2:30 p.m.
• MEN’S DAY PROGRAM will be held at Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2827 Hernando Road, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Minister Michael Malone. Min. Marco Finley is host pastor.
• REVIVAL Rice Chapel Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, will have a revival beginning July 10, 11 a.m. with Bro. Troy Barton. Lunch will be served. Bluff City Quartet will be singing at 1 p.m. July 11-12, services will be at 7 p.m. with different speakers each night.
• MUSICIAN’s APPRECIATION will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, 2:30 p.m. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• PASTOR’s AND WIFE’s APPRECIATION will be held at Adolphus Chapel, Hernando Road, 2 p.m. Pastor is Billy Williams and speaker will be Pastor Charles Jones.
• VBS will be held July 11-15 at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 Martin Luther King Drive, 6 p.m.-8:30 p.m. For more information call 662-252-1938. Pastor Denise Modest invites all.
• VBS New Faith Outreach Ministries will have Vacation Bible School July 11-15, 5:30 p.m. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• PASTOR’s AND WIFE’s ANNIVERSARY will be held at Jones Grove M.B. Church beginning Monday, July 11 at 7 p.m. Special speaking will be held July 11, July 13, July 14, July 15 at 7 p.m.; Saturday, July 16, a musical at 7 p.m. and climaxing on Sunday, July 17, at 3 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• IDA B. WELLS Arts and Crafts Festival and Birthday Celebration will be held July 15-17 at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, 235 N. Memphis Street, Holly Springs. The banquet will be held July 16 at the Hudsonville Life Center. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• OPEN GYM NIGHT hosted by AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria, 7 p.m. All youth and their friends are welcome, ages 13 to 25.
• Fellowship supper A picnic style fellowship supper will be held at the Victoria UMC. Starts at 5 until 7 p.m. Join us for fun and fellowship. All are invited.
• Praise Night II concert July 16, at New Dimension Salt and Light Ministry, 565 Neely Ave., 7 p.m. Many special guests. Sponsored by Elder Craig Williamson.
• Prayer Breakfast at Grays Chapel CME Church, 3682 Hudsonville Road, Holly Springs, on July 16 at 9 a.m. The speaker will be first lady Corrine T. Crittle of Macedonia MB Church, Memphis, Tenn. Donation is $5. Rev. Brian Davis Sr., is pastor.
• TEENAGE WORKSHOP will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 S. Red Banks Road, for ages 13-21, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. There will be motivational speakers, gospel rap artist, local and out-of-town entertainment. Call 662-629-0360.
• Love Appreciation for Pastor Frank and first lady Deneise Moore will be held at Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Road, 2:30 p.m. Pastor James Henderson and Zoe’s Baptist Church will be guests. For more information call 901-487-3067 or 851-3388.
• Usher day St. Mark MB Church, host pastor is Patrick Bailey. Usher Day, July 17, 2:30 p.m. Guest pastor will be Robert McClain and Rising Star Church.
• FAMILY & FRIENDS’ DAY The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Family & Friends’ Day, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder William T. Edmonds and the New Philadelphia Friendship COGIC of Memphis, Tenn., and the Sand Hill M.B. Church Mass Choir of Lamar. Dinner will be served following service. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. Everyone is invited.
• FRUIT OF THE SPIRIT PROGRAM will be held at New Dimension Church, 565 Neely Ave., 3 p.m.
• VBS Hernando Road Church of Christ, 1235 Hernando Road, will have Vacation Bible School, July 18-22, 7 p.m. nightly. Transportation is available. Call 252-1808 and leave a name and number for pickup.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Youth Camp “Zero Fear” hosted by AfterShock Youth Group of Friendship Assembly God God, ages 8-18. Registration $65 per person to register call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• CHOIR DAY The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will be having their annual Choir Day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be the Mt. Pisgah C.M.E. Church Mass Choir of Red Banks, Mt. Zion M.B. Church Mass Choir of Red Banks, True Vine Faith M.B. Church of Piperton, Tenn., and the FBS Praise Team of Tupelo. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page