Thursday, June 16, 2011
Police make three felony arrests
The Holly Springs Police Department reminds residents that June is the month to renew dog license tags.
Dog owners are asked to call 662-252-2122 and request a meeting time with Callie Spight, he said.
Police made three felony arrests last week, chief Robert Pearson said.
Cameron Jenkins, 23, of the 400 block of West College Avenue, was arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault, the chief said.
Also arrested and charged with domestic violence/aggravated assault was Jazmaine Stewart, 21, of the 1000 block of West Woodward Avenue, Pearson said.
The third felony arrest was of Christopher Brittenum, 27, of the 100 block of Country Side Drive, Byhalia, who was charged with 3rd DUI, false information, indecent exposure and no driver’s license, Pearson said.
Officers answered 109 calls last week. They included – disturbance calls, 13; alarm calls, 16; medical and county assists, 2; domestic calls, 3; larcenies, 2; accidents, 7; burglaries, 1; auto burglary, 1; malicious mischief, 1; funerals, 1; and 62 miscellaneous calls.
Police officers took the following reports
Monday, May 6
• credit card fraud in the 1100 block of Highway 311.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of West Woodward.
• public profanity in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Tuesday, June 7
• domestic violence/simple assault in the area of North/West Boundary Street and Rencher Drive. Both subjects were arrested.
• shoplifting in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• trespassing in the 200 block of West Valley Street. Charges were filed.
• petit larceny in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Wednesday, June 8
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of Southern Circle. An arrest was made.
• credit card fraud in the 200 block of North Chesterman Street.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
Thursday, June 9
• simple assault in the 100 block of South/East Boundary.
• lost iPod in the 100 block of West Valley Avenue.
Friday, June 10
• disturbing the peace in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• identity theft in the 100 block of North/West Boundary.
Saturday, June 11
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 100 block of Shadow Lane. An arrest was made.
• malicious mischief in the 400 block of Mallory Drive.
Officers reported these additional arrests or citations - no/expired tag, 1; child restraint violation, 1; seatbelt violation, 1; no proof of insurance, 3; other violations, 4; no dog license, 1; no/expired driver’s license, 2 arrests; contempt of court, 4 arrests; domestic violence/simple assault, 2 arrests; simple assault, 2 arrests; disturbance of family peace, 1 arrest; no/expired driver’s license/contempt, 1 arrest; disorderly conduct/failure to comply/resisting arrest, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page