Thursday, June 16, 2011
Calendar of Events
• A SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Reid’s Gift, Potts Camp, June 15-17, 7 p.m. each night. Guest speaker will be Lawrence Cole from Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor is Rev. Jerry L. Williams.
• Friday night fight Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Friday Night Fight, 7 p.m., with guests Rev. John Powell and Jones Grove Church family.
• A huge yard sale will be held at Bibleway Outreach Fellowship Church, 6573 Hwy. 178 W. in Byhalia, starting at 7 a.m. There will be lots of items to choose from.
• Fun day for kids, 9 a.m. until mid-afternoon, on the grounds of the Potts Camp First Baptist Church, sponsored by the mayor and Town of Potts Camp. Free food, games, activities and singing. And Little Obie the Train will be on hand!
• SUMMER FESTIVAL Meadowbrook Baptist Church Summer Festival will be held June 18, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. The church is located at 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia. There will be fun for the whole family including food, dunk tank, yard sale, car wash, arts & crafts and a silent auction.
• Father’s night Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Father’s Night, 6 p.m., sponsored by the women of the church.
• ELECTION Holly Springs Lake Estates’ annual election will be held on June 18, at 4 p.m. at the beach pavilion. Please come join us. Must be paid member to vote.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar. Sat., June 18, with the Bluff City Quartet in concert. Fellowship, 6 p.m., concert at 7. Everyone is invited.
• Political rally The Victoria Fire Dept. is hosting a political rally, Sat., June 18, 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. All candidates for local or state offices are invited to come speak. A donation to the fire dept. will be gratefully accepted. The fire dept. is located at 81 Victoria Rd.
• Fish fry Moore Grocery, Byhalia, sponsored by Sally and Elizabeth Ambrose, 4 p.m. New Life Community Church.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., June 18, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• Political meeting Sweetwater Farms Landowners Association hosts a meeting for political candidates to meet the public, 6 p.m., at the Barton VFD, 5599 Goodman Road. Call Richard Simmons at 662-895-6616 and reserve a time slot.
• Father’s Day program, 9 a.m., at Smith Grove MB Church with Minister Jeremy Bowen of Mt. Moriah MB Church, guest speaker. All are invited.
• LIFEWAY’S CLUB VBS Macedonia Baptist Church hosts VBS “Beach Blast,” June 19-23, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly. The church is located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia. The VBS is for ages pre-K through sixth grade. For more info. contact Sonya Berryhill, 901-487-2762.
• Father’s Day program Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church,Sun., June 19, 6 p.m. Speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin from Hebron MB Church in Lamar.
• Concert Jones Grove MB Church, Old Hwy. 78, featuring the Johnson Family, June 19, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Guest speaker Rev. Willie James Lyons, from Nesbit, will be the guest speaker at Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Sun., June 19, 11 a.m. All members and visitors are asked to be present.
• Gospel explosion June 19, 6 p.m. at Pleasant Hill CME Church in Mt. Pleasant. Host pastor, Rev. Willie Hoey with many guest groups and choirs.
• VBS “The Adventure Begins” at Red Banks Baptist Church Vacation Bible School, June 20-24, 6-8:30 p.m. If you need a ride call 544-0035.
• VBS Victory Church VBS will be held 6-8 p.m. “Pandamania VBS Week” June 20-24, ages 3 to sixth grade. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Drive in the Byhalia Industrial Park.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• ANNUAL WOMEN’S DAY Service at Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant. The church will be having its annual Women’s Day Service on Sunday, June 26, at 3 p.m. Special guests will be evangelist Annie Wright and the House of Faith Ministries of Somerville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Homecoming Calvary Baptist Church, between Lamar - Ashland on Hwy. 5. The church will celebrate its 69th homecoming. Noon meal and singing in the afternoon.
• RETIREMENT PARTY for Diane Schule, outgoing library director, 2-4 p.m. at the Marshall County Library. Party given by the Friends of the Marshall County Library System.
• MARION AND SAMANTHA MOORE’S Love Day will be held at New Life Community Church, located in Byhalia. Morning service will begin at 11 a.m. Speaking at 1 p.m. will be Rayshun Johnson from Spirit Filled Ministry.
• Homecoming Kimbrough Chapel Church will celebrate homecoming, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Etoy Bogard, Sand Hill and New Faith Church.
• Homecoming, Sun., June 26, 2 p.m. at Smith Grove MB Church. Rev. Levi Jones, guest speaker, with Adolphus Chapel as guest choir. All former members and friends are invited. W.C. Conner, host pastor, Wavor Harris Sr. and Elizabeth King, sponsors.
• Love Day Program for Pastor Brian and Rev. Helean Davis of Grays Chapel CME Church on June 26 at 3 p.m. Rev. Eddie Goliday of Clear Creek Baptist Church will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Four gospels program, Jones Grove MB Church, Old Hwy 78. June 26, 3 p.m. Matthew, Min. Swopshire; Mark, Bro. Willie Jones; Luke, Min. Nathaniel Johnson Jr.; John, Bro. Lincoln Martin. Everyone is invited.
• Lunch A fourth Sunday lunch will be held at the Victoria UMC at 12 noon. Join us for service at 11 a.m. or just come for the lunch. All invited.
• Men’s Day Free Branch MB Church, June 26, 9 a.m. Pastor John Sandridge will be the guest speaker. Host pastor, Rev. J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Finley Grove MB Church will celebrate their annual homecoming at 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Rev. Robert Garrison of McIntyre and the McIntrye Church family. The public is invited. All current and former members are asked to come.
• Friends Night June 26, 6 p.m. at Rising Star MB Church, sponsored by the Dynamic Angels. Choirs, groups and male choruses are invited to render a selection.
• VBS June 27-July 1, First Baptist Church of Byhalia will be having Vacation Bible School - The Big Apple New York Adventure from 8:30 a.m. to 12 noon. We invite all children to come and join us.
• VBS, June 27-July 1, 6-8:30 p.m. For children who have completed kindergarten though sixth grade. Barton First Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Rd., in Barton.
• Ecology camp Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, for students entering grade 4-5 (9- and 10-year-olds). Nature hikes, exploring and guided field experiences. The camp will be held June 27-30, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more info. contact Katie Boyle, 662-252-1155 or email@example.com.
• Reunion The Craine Family Reunion will be held at the Shriners Building, Hwy. 4 East, 1 p.m. All family and friends are invited.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, 2 p.m., Hwy. 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• Homecoming and political rally Strawberry Church will be having its annual homecoming and political rally at 12 noon. All candidates are invited. For additional information please contact George Zinn at 662-544-3270.
• VBS Victory Baptist Church, 2550 Wall Hill Rd., will have registration for Vacation Bible School at a block party, July 9, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the church. Bible school begins Mon., July 10 at 6 p.m. and continues through July 15 nightly. Pastor Dewayne Wilkerson invites all. For more info. call 662-233-2208 or 901-299-4866.
• Family and friends’ day Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., July 10, 2 p.m. Guest church will be Pastor Leroy James and Hopewell No. 1 MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor’s and wife’s appreciation, Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor, 2:30 p.m.
• IDA B. WELLS Arts and Crafts Festival and Birthday Celebration will be held July 15-17 at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, 235 N. Memphis Street, Holly Springs. The banquet will be held July 16 at the Hudsonville Life Center. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
July 16th – A picnic style fellowship supper will be held at the Victoria UMC. Starts at 5:00 until 7:00 p.m. Join us for fun and fellowship. All invited.
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page