Thursday, June 9, 2011
Calendar of Events
• VBS Hillcrest Baptist Church will have VBS every Wednesday beginning June 8 through July 27 for ages 5 years to sixth grade, 6-8 p.m. The church is located in Warsaw, 2 miles south on Hwy. 309. For more info. call Jim Buchanan, 662-544-1965 or Ken Hale, 901-484-6089.
• Men’s Gym Night: Spring is here and it’s time for “Hoops Night.” The community gathers at the hoops on campus at Friendship Assembly of God for a game of street hoops, now it’s inside and the game is on. The community is invited every second and fourth Thursday evening of each month. Honor Bound Men’s ministries, Scotty Cothern. To learn more about “hoops night” contact the church office at 662-838-4000.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing featuring the Williams Family. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• Gospel night Wilkins Chapel CME Church, June 11, 5 p.m. Several guest groups and youth choirs have been invited. For more info. call Monesha Pegues or any church member. Everyone is invited.
• FRIENDS’ NIGHT The Harmoneers are celebrating Friends’ Night at the Mighty God Ministries in Victoria, 6 p.m. The church is located at 219 Valleyview Road.
• Sunday school night Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Sunday School night, 6 p.m. Sponsor is Bro. Charles Ambrose.
• Flea market Big flea market at Free Springs United Methodist Church, 76 CR 511, Harmontown area. Rain or shine, in the basement. Lots of good stuff, some estate glassware. Great prices on everything. June 11, 7 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Coffee and sausage biscuits on sale for the early birds. Proceeds to kids’ fund: summer camp, Operation Christmas Child, UMCOR and other community outreach programs.
• A Benefit Fish Fry for Pat Dickinson will be held at First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, beginning at 5 p.m. Carry-outs available. Donations please.
• VBS at Spring Hill Baptist Church, Waterford, on Bethlehem Road, will kick off at 2 p.m. with a “Scavenger Hunt Through The Big Apple.” VBS will be June 13-17, 5:30-8:30 p.m. nightly. The theme is “The Big Apple Adventure,” and is available to all ages.
• barbecue sponsored by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and Mt. Gilead CME Church will be held at 10 a.m. until on Hwy. 4 West, across from Chulahoma Store at the Kent Falkner Truck Co. Barbecue plates and sandwiches will be sold. For more information call 662-564-2432 or 901-634-5232. Come one, come all.
• Singing New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, is having a singing Saturday night, June 11, at 7 p.m. Featured group will be The Barnetts from Stanton, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend. Fellowship supper after singing.
• Fish fry Jones Grove Church, sponsored by the Men’s Ministry, fish cooked by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson. June 11, 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
• “Sunday Sundaes” hosted by Mpact Girls Ministries of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria. Be sure to join us in service at 6 p.m. and enjoy a cool treat and good fellowship after the service. Or if you just have time to stop by, the girls will start serving the sundaes at 7 p.m. Be sure to stop by and help support the Girls Mpact Ministries. Donations welcomed.
• Usher Day Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Usher Day, 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Jerry Christian and Yarbrough Chapel Church family.
• Children’s day program Mt. Pisgah CME Church, June 12, 11 a.m.
• Pastor’s and wife’s appreciation, Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor, 2:30 p.m.
• Founder’s Day program Davis Temple Church of the Living God, 635 West St., will celebrate their first Founder’s Day, Sun., June 12, 3:30 p.m. Pastor and founder, Elder Robert Davis; guest speaker, Elder Dennis Boyd of Chapel Grove in Tupelo. For more info. call Pastor Davis at 662-512-8514 or 662-534-5134.
• Children’s Day Mt. Teamer CME Church, 813 Musgray Rd., Sun., June 12, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Harper, pastor.
• Homecoming Pastor Garland Loveless and the Apostolic Church of Jesus, 178 Stonewall, Byhalia, invites all to celebrate their 20th homecoming. Evangelist will be Jonathan Hernandez from Forrest City, Ark. Services will begin at 10 a.m., followed by lunch and the evening services at 6 p.m.
• “Slices of Summer” Youth Praise Band will be leading worship, followed by fellowship and refreshments, 6 p.m., and every Sunday during the summer. First Baptist Church of Byhalia, 2555 Church Street, 662-838-2250.
• VBS June13-17, Extreme Days Vacation Bible School to be held at Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria, 6-8 p.m. Monday, June 13, through Friday, June 17. All kids ages 5 – 12 are invited to join. Take Exit 18 off Hwy. 78. For more information or to ride the van call the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Art in nature camp Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, for 11-15-year-olds. Nature hikes, exploring and guided field experiences, along with learning various artistic mediums from professional artists. The camp will be held June 13-17, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. For more info. contact Katie Boyle, 662-252-1155 or email@example.com.
• A SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Reid’s Gift, Potts Camp, June 15-17, 7 p.m. each night. Guest speaker will be Lawrence Cole from Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor is Rev. Jerry L. Williams.
• Friday night fight Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Friday Night Fight, 7 p.m., with guests Rev. John Powell and Jones Grove Church family.
• A huge yard sale will be held at Bibleway Outreach Fellowship Church, 6573 Hwy. 178 W. in Byhalia starting at 7 a.m. There will be lots of items to choose from.
• Fun day for kids, 9 a.m. until mid-afternoon, on the grounds of the Potts Camp First Baptist Church, sponsored by the Mayor and Town of Potts Camp. Free food, games, activities and singing. And Little Obie the Train will be on hand!
• SUMMER FESTIVAL Meadowbrook Baptist Church Summer Festival will be held June 18, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. The church is located at 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia. There will be fun for the whole family including food, dunk tank, yard sale, car wash, arts and crafts and a silent auction.
• Father’s night Kimbrough Chapel Church will have Father’s Night, 6 p.m., sponsored by the women of the church.
• ELECTION Holly Springs Lake Estates’ annual election will be held on June 18, at 4 p.m. at the beach pavilion. Please come join us. Must be paid member to vote.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar. Sat., June 18, with the Bluff City Quartet in concert. Fellowship, 6 p.m., concert at 7. Everyone is invited.
• Father’s Day program, 9 a.m., at Smith Grove MB Church with Minister Jeremy Bowen of Mt. Moriah MB Church, guest speaker. All are invited.
• LIFEWAY’S CLUB VBS Macedonia Baptist Church hosts VBS “Beach Blast,” June 19-23, 6-8:30 p.m. nightly. The church is located at 14910 Cathy Road, Byhalia. The VBS is for ages pre-K through sixth grade. For more info. contact Sonya Berryhill, 901-487-2762.
• Father’s Day program Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church, Sun., June 19, 6 p.m. Speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin from Hebron MB Church in Lamar.
• Concert Jones Grove MB Church, Old Hwy. 78, featuring the Johnson Family, June 19, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Calvary Baptist Church, between Lamar - Ashland on Hwy. 5. The church will celebrate its 69th homecoming. Noon meal and singing in the afternoon.
• RETIREMENT PARTY for Diane Schule, outgoing library director, 2-4 p.m. at the Marshall County Library. Party given by the Friends of the Marshall County Library System.
• MARION AND SAMANTHA MOORE Love Day will be held at New Life Community Church, located in Byhalia. Morning service will begin at 11 a.m. Speaking at 1 p.m. will be Rayshun Johnson from Spirit Filled Ministry.
• Homecoming Kimbrough Chapel Church will celebrate homecoming, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Etoy Bogard, Sand Hill and New Faith Church.
• Homecoming, Sun., June 26, 2 p.m. at Smith Grove MB Church. Rev. Levi Jones, guest speaker, with Adolphus Chapel as guest choir. All former members and friends are invited. W.C. Conner, host pastor, Wavor Harris Sr. and Elizabeth King, sponsors.
• Love Day Program for Pastor Brian and Rev. Helean Davis of Grays Chapel CME Church on June 26 at 3 p.m. Rev. Eddie Goliday of Clear Creek Baptist Church will be the speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Four gospels program, Jones Grove MB Church, Old Hwy 78. June 26, 3 p.m. Matthew, Min. Swopshire; Mark, Bro. Willie Jones; Luke, Min. Nathaniel Johnson Jr.; John, Bro. Lincoln Martin. Everyone is invited.
• VBS June 27-July 1 First Baptist Church of Byhalia will be having Vacation Bible School - The Big Apple New York Adventure from 8:30 to 12 noon. We invite all children to come and join us.
• VBS, June 27-July 1, 6-8:30 p.m. For children who have completed kindergarten though sixth grade. Barton First Baptist Church, 523 Quinn Rd., in Barton.
• Ecology camp Strawberry Plains Audubon Center, for students entering grade 4-5 (nine and ten year olds). Nature hikes, exploring and guided field experiences. The camp will be held June 27-30, 9 a.m. t0 3 p.m. For more info. contact Katie Boyle, 662-252-1155 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, 2 p.m., Hwy. 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• Homecoming and political rally Strawberry Church will be having its annual homecoming and political rally at 12 noon. All candidates are invited. For additional information please contact George Zinn at 662-544-3270.
• VBS Victory Baptist Church, 2550 Wall Hill Rd., will have registration for vacation Bible school at a block party, July 9, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the church. Bible school begins Mon., July 10 at 6 p.m. and continues through July 15 nightly. Pastor Dewayne Wilkerson invites all. For more info. call 662-233-2208 or 901-299-4866.
• Family and friends’ day Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., July 10, 2 p.m. Guest church will be Pastor Leroy James and Hopewell No. 1 MB Church. Everyone is invited.
• IDA B. WELLS Arts and Crafts Festival and Birthday Celebration will be held July 15-17 at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Center, 235 N. Memphis Street, Holly Springs. The banquet will be held July 16 at the Hudsonville Life Center. For more info. call 662-252-3232.
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page