Thursday, May 26, 2011
Police make three felony arrests
Two people were arrested on drug-related charges and one arrested and charged with aggravated assault, according to chief Robert Pearson with the Holly Springs Police Department.
Shane A. Pearson, 21, of the 10200 block of Eagle Creek Cove, Collierville, Tenn., was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute on May 18, chief Pearson said. Officers seized six Mason jars full of marijuana and various paraphernalia allegedly used in the distribution of the drug.
Also arrested at the same time and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute was Hannah A. Anito, 18, of the 11100 block of Cahill Cove, Arlington, Tenn., Pearson said.
Officers also arrested Xavier Hughes, 20, of the 400 block of Coopwood Drive, Pearson said, and he was charged with aggravated assault May 20.
Officers responded to 117 calls last week, Pearson said. They included - disturbances, 16; assaults, 5; alarms, 11; accidents, 3; burglaries, 4; medical and sheriff's office assists, 3; domestics, 5; 911 hang-ups, 4; malicious mischief, 1; missing juveniles, 1; funerals, 2; and miscellaneous, 62.
Officers took the following reports:
Monday, May 16
• domestic violence/simple assault in the area of West Street and Hudsonville Road. Charges were filed.
• property found in the area of East Boundary Avenue and Van Dorn Avenue.
• trespassing and threats in the 200 block of Slayden Street.
Tuesday, May 17
• vicious dog bite in the 500 block of West Slayden Street.
• littering in the Hudsonville Road area.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of Wilson Avenue.
• petit larceny in the 100 block of West College Avenue.
• missing juvenile in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• credit card fraud in the 300 block of North West Boundary.
Wednesday, May 19
• burglary in the 300 block of Withers Avenue.
Thursday, May 19
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of West Woodward Avenue. An arrest was made.
Friday, May 20
• a malicious mischief in the 500 block of Swaney Drive.
Saturday, May 21
• exhibiting a weapon in the 100 block of South Chesterman Street. Charges were filed.
• an open door reported in the 100 block of Van Dorn Avenue.
• domestic violence/simple assault in the 200 block of North Shelby Drive. Charges were filed.
• burglary in the 1100 block of Highway 311.
Sunday, May 22
• burglary in the 900 block of Highway 7 South.
Officers reported the following misdemeanor arrests or citations - no/expired driver's license, 2; no/expired tag, 2; no proof of liability insurance, 5; other violations, 1; no dog license, 1. The following arrests were made - driving while license suspended, 1 arrest; contempt, 1 arrest; simple assault, 1 arrest; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest; malicious mischief/resisting arrest, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page