Thursday, May 26, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Revival Isaac Chapel CME Church, begins May 25, 7 p.m. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Fund-raiser The Holly Springs United Methodist Men are selling Boston butts for $25 each. Available for pickup in the church fellowship hall, Fri., May 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more info. call 662-252-1429. Tickets may be purchased in the church office, 175 East Van Dorn Ave.
• Yard Sale to benefit “Speed the Light” hosted by AfterShock youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at Lexington Crossing subdivision in Olive Branch starting at 7 a.m. till 12.
• HOMECOMING Adolphus Chapel CME Church will have annual homecoming celebration, 11 a.m. The speaker will be Pastor Tony Wilkins of St. Paul CME Church. For more information contact Edna Boyd, 662-291-0983; or Pastor Billy Williams, 662-252-6206.
• ANNIVERSARY MEMORIAL MASS One year anniversary memorial mass celebrating the life of Sister Mary Monica Boll will be held at St. Joseph Church, 5 p.m. A special potluck meal will be served after the mass.
• EXTRAVAGANZA Pleasant Hill CME Church, located in Mt. Pleasant, will sponsor a Praise Dance Extravaganza at 6 p.m. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, 766 Evangel Dr., will feature The Master’s Quartet of Tupelo. Other groups and local singers will be participating. Everyone is invited to come and enjoy the congregational singing also. 7 p.m.
• Come worship with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God at 10 a.m. Located at the Victoria exit on Friendship Road.
• Church anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual church anniversary at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Dr. Granville Scruggs and the Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• WORSHIP SERVICE Holly Springs Marshall County Baptist Association 2nd quarterly meeting service will be held at the Baptist Association Building, 2 p.m. Pastor Brandon Blake, pastor of Mt. Zion Taska, will deliver the message and Mt. Zion Taska choir will render selections. Pastor Archie Bowen, moderator.
• VBS Wilkins Chapel CME Church, nightly from 6-8 p.m. Bible classes for all ages. Sis. Betty Martin, director. Everyone is invited.
• Walkway bricks Last day to purchase a brick for the memory sidewalk at Mary Reid School. See Mrs. Looney or Mrs. B.J. Lewis if you are interested in purchasing a brick. Thanks to everyone who has bought bricks for the walkway.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd. will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring Mildred Keys and the Keynotes. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• FREE CAR WASH Macedonia Baptist Church, located at 14910 Cathy Road in DeSoto County, is having a free car wash from noon until 2 p.m. Donations will NOT be accepted. For information please call 901-246-5628.
• Prayer Summitt Bountiful Blessings Ministries, located at 28 Tyro Road off Hwy. 4 West, Holly Springs, will have a prayer summitt, 12 p.m. The topic is Praying in every Season for Everyone. The pastor is Mae L. Palmer, apostle. Everyone is invited.
• WESTERN STYLE FUND-RAISER The Holly Springs-Marshall County Rust/MI Alumni Club is sponsoring its 2nd annual Wine and Cheese Tasting Fund-raiser at Foxfire Ranch, located in Waterford, 6:30 p.m. For more information call 662-252-8000, ext. 4750.
• HOMECOMING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will celebrate it’s homecoming with Picking Up the Pieces as guests. Revival will begin June 6-10 with a special preacher.
• NEW SERVICE TIMES Macedonia Baptist Church will begin Sunday School at 9 a.m., and 10:30 a.m. for worship service beginning June 5. No evening services will be held anymore. The church is located at 14910 Cathy Road in DeSoto County.
• homecoming Newell Chapel CME Church, Victoria, will have homecoming at 3 p.m. Rev. Versie Easter will be guest speaker, the pastor of Mt. Tipton CME Church in Brighton, Tenn.
• Building Fund Drive will be held at Springhill MB Church, 930 Robert Ford Road, Waterford at 3 p.m. The topic is “Building A Sanctuary for God” with Evangelist Dorothy Palmer. Everyone is invited. Picnic on church grounds afterward.
• VBS Mt. Newell CME Church, Victoria, will have VBS, June 6-8, 6-8 p.m. for ages 3-17 and 18 and above. The theme this year is “Island Odyssey: To The Ends Of The Earth With Jesus Christ.” Everyone is welcome.
• VBS June 6-10, 9 a.m.-12 noon. Ages 3-sixth grade, Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302, Olive Branch; office: 662-890-4069, www.brooksideob.com or call Stephanie at 901-494-8275.
• SUMMER CAMP 2011 The City of Holly Springs Parks and Recreation will have summer camp June 7-July 7, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for youth ages 7-14. All activities will be held at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. Registration fee is $50.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing featuring the Williams Family. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• Gospel night Wilkins Chapel CME Church, June 11, 5 p.m. Several guest groups and youth choirs have been invited. For more info. call Monesha Pegues or any church member. Everyone is invited.
• EXTREME DAYS Vacation Bible School, June 13-17, to be held at Friendship Assembly of God 6-8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• A SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Reid’s Gift, Potts Camp, June 15-17, 7 p.m. each night. Guest speaker will be Lawrence Cole from Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor is Rev. Jerry L. Williams.
• A huge yard sale will be held at Bibleway Outreach Fellowship Church, 6573 Highway 178 West in Byhalia starting at 7 a.m. There will be lots of items to choose from.
• Fun day for kids, 9 a.m. until mid-afternoon, on the grounds of the Potts Camp First Baptist Church, sponsored by the Mayor and Town of Potts Camp. Free food, games, activities and singing. And Little Obie the Train will be on hand!
• SUMMER FESTIVAL Meadowbrook Baptist Church Summer Festival will be held June 18, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. The church is located at 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia. There will be fun for the whole family including food, dunk tank, yard sale, car wash, arts & crafts and a silent auction.
• Homecoming Calvary Baptist Church, between Lamar - Ashland on Hwy. 5. The church will celebrate its 69th homecoming. Noon meal and singing in the afternoon.
• RETIREMENT PARTY for Diane Schule, outgoing library director, 2-4 p.m. at the Marshall County Library. Party given by the Friends of the Marshall County Library System.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S Love Day will be held at New Life Community Church, located in Byhalia. Morning service will begin at 11 a.m. Speaker will be Rayshun Johnson from Spirit Filled Ministry.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, 2 p.m., Hwy 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• Homecoming and political rally Strawberry Church will be having it’s annual homecoming and political rally at 12 noon. All candidates are invited. For additional information please contact George Zinn at (662) 544-3270
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page