Thursday, May 19, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Men’s Gym Night: Spring is here and it’s time for “Hoops Night”. The community gathers at the hoops on campus at Friendship Assembly of God for a game of street hoops. Now it’s inside and the game is on. The community is invited every second and fourth Thursday evening of each month. Honor Bound Men’s ministries, Scotty Cothern. To learn more about “hoops night” contact the church office at 662-838-4000.
•Talent show Holly Springs High School PTSA will host an open-mic talent show, Thurs., May 19, 6 p.m. in the school auditorium. Everyone is invited.
• Graduation ceremony Friendship Christian Academy graduation ceremony to be held at Friendship Assembly of God May 20. K-5 graduation begins at 5:30 p.m. with the senior graduation and commencement following at 6:30 p.m.
• Benefit singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a benefit singing beginning at 2 p.m., featuring The Peppers Family. Barbecue plates and fellowship will be held at 3 p.m. and the Potter’s Clay will sing at 4 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Bro. Danny Smithey. All proceeds will benefit the Feathers family.
• FAMILY REUNION will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 10 a.m. until. Family names include: Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish and old family photos. Please come; we look forward to seeing you there.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar - Ashland, Hwy. 5, with the Cross City Quartet. Singing at 6:30 p.m., with a fellowship meal after. Everyone is invited.
• In concert Clear Creek Baptist Church will host “Picking Up Pieces” in concert, Sat., May 21. Fellowship at 6 p.m., concert to follow at 7. Everyone is invited. Church is located at 1704 Clear Creek Rd. in Lamar.
• Meeting The Marshall County Republican Club will have their monthly meeting, 10 a.m., at the Holly Springs Library. Everyone is invited.
• Spaghetti supper Mt. Pleasant Fire Department will have a spaghetti supper, 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. at the fire department. Plates will be $7 for adults and $5 for children under 12. Please come out and support your local fire department.
• Picnic Hudsonville CME Church will have their annual church picnic, 12 noon until at Penilton and Glass farm, 1715 Roberts Chapel Rd.
• COMMUNITY PROGRAM Mt. Zion Taska MB Church Mission Department will have a community outreach program 9 a.m.-2 p.m. at the Cayce Fire Department. There will be free clothing giveways and some available at low costs, free food and fellowship. All proceeds will be donated to a worthy cause. Pastor is Brandon A. Blake.
• ANNUAL TWELVE TRIBES of Israel Program will be held at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Hoey from Pleasant Hill CME Church. True Vine MB Church is located at 525 West Street and the pastor is Rev. Darrell E. Cunningham.
• ANNUAL MEN AND WOMEN’S DAY program will be held at Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy. 309, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Nancy Tolliver and guest church Roberts Chapel CME Church. Cornelia Booker, pastor, invites everyone.
• Homecoming will be held at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, at 11 am. Everyone is invited. Sponsors are Alfreda DeBerry and Frances Johnson. Reverend Roger Daniel, pastor.
• Revival is breaking out at Friendship Assembly of God with guest speaker Patrick Kimberland. Service time Sunday morning starting at 10 a.m., evening service starting at 6 p.m. Services Mon. through Wed. to start at 7 p.m.
• Anniversary The Hudson Singers will celebrate their anniversary, 2:30 p.m., at Providence MB Church in Holly Springs. Several groups and choirs have been invited.
• Homecoming will be held at Mt. Zion-Taska Road, 519 Mt. Zion Road, Red Banks-Cayce community, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Ronnie Franklin and Hebron MB Church. Donations accepted. Host pastor is Brandon Blake.
• Musical program Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church, Hwy. 178 East, will have a musical program, Sun., May 22, 6 p.m. A host of choirs and groups will be appearing. Everyone is invited. Sponsored by Timothy Sims, Catherine Jefferson and Elvis Scott.
• Revival Isaac Chapel CME Church, begins May 25, 7 p.m. Rev. Willie Ward, host pastor.
• Fund-raiser The Holly Springs United Methodist Men are selling Boston butts for $25 each. Available for pickup in the church fellowship hall, Fri., May 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more info. call 662-252-1429. Tickets may be purchased in the church office, 175 East Van Dorn Ave.
• Yard Sale to benefit “Speed the Light” hosted by AfterShock youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at Lexington Crossing subdivision in Olive Branch starting at 7 a.m. till 12.
• HOMECOMING Adolphus Chapel CME Church will have annual homecoming celebration, 11 a.m. The speaker will be Pastor Tony Wilkins of St. Paul CME Church. For more information contact Edna Boyd 662-291-0983; or Pastor Billy Williams, 662-252-6206.
• Come worship with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God at 10 a.m. Located at the Victoria exit on Friendship Road.
• Church anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual church anniversary at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Dr. Granville Scruggs and the Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• VBS Wilkins Chapel CME Church, nightly from 6-8 p.m. Bible classes for all ages. Sis. Betty Martin, director. Everyone is invited.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd. will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring Mildred Keys and the Keynotes. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Annual Men and Women’s Day program will be held at Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy. 309, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Nancy Tolliver and guest church Roberts Chapel CME Church. Cornelia Booker, pastor, invites everyone.
• FREE CAR WASH Macedonia Baptist Church, located at 14910 Cathy Road in DeSoto County, is having a free car wash from noon until 2 p.m. Donations will not be accepted. For information please call 901-246-5628.
• HOMECOMING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will celebrate their homecoming with Picking Up the Pieces as guests. Revival will begin June 6-10 with a special preacher.
• NEW SERVICE TIMES Macedonia Baptist Church will begin Sunday School at 9 a.m., and 10:30 a.m. for worship service beginning June 5. No evening services will be held anymore. The church is located at 14910 Cathy Road in DeSoto County.
• homecoming Newell Chapel CME Church, Victoria, will have homecoming at 3 p.m. Rev. Versie Easter will be guest speaker, the pastor of Mt. Tipton CME Church in Brighton, Tenn.
• SUMMER CAMP 2011 The City of Holly Springs Parks and Recreation will have summer camp June 7-July 7, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for youth ages 7-14. All activities will be held at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-purpose Building. Registration fee is $50.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing featuring the Williams Family. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• Gospel night Wilkins Chapel CME Church, June 11, 5 p.m. Several guest groups and youth choirs have been invited.
For more info. call Monesha Pegues or any church member. Everyone is invited.
• EXTREME DAYS Vacation Bible School, June 13-17, to be held at Friendship Assembly of God 6-8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• A SPRING REVIVAL will be held at Reid’s Gift, Potts Camp, June 15-17, 7 p.m. each night. Guest speaker will be Lawrence Cole from Collierville, Tenn. Host pastor is Rev. Jerry L. Williams.
• A huge yard sale will be held at Bibleway Outreach Fellowship Church, 6573 Highway 178 West in Byhalia starting at 7 a.m. There will be lots of items to choose from.
• Homecoming Calvary Baptist Church, between Lamar - Ashland on Hwy. 5. The church will celebrate it’s 69th homecoming. Noon meal and singing in the afternoon.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, 2 p.m., Hwy 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• Homecoming and political rally Strawberry Church will be having it’s annual homecoming and political rally at 12 noon. All candidates are invited. For additional information please contact George Zinn at (662) 544-3270
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page