January 13, 2011
Qualifying kicks off for county offices
Many have thrown their names into the county political races.
As of Monday, 32 individuals had qualified to run for various Marshall County offices which will be on the August 2 primary election ballot.
• Chancery clerk – Monet Bell Autry, C.W. (Chuck) Thomas.
• Circuit clerk – Lucy Carpenter, Brenda Kaye Wilson Rogers.
• Sheriff – Don Cothern, Kenny Dickerson.
• Superintendent of Education – Jerry Moore, Marketta Liggins Steward.
• Tax assessor – Juanita M. Dillard.
• Tax collector – Joyce Brown, Betty Byrd.
• Coroner – James Richard Anderson.
• Constable, North District – Christopher Sisk, James Stinson.
• Constable, South District – Antjuan Lester.
• Justice Court Judge, North District – Mae Garrison.
• Justice Court Judge, South District – Ernest Cunningham.
• Supervisor, District 1 – Conery DeBerry, Oscar Lee Fant, James E. Isom, Charles Terry.
• Supervisor, District 2 – Eddie Dixon, Johnny Fitch.
• Supervisor, District 3 – Annie Moffitt, Keith Taylor.
• Supervisor, District 4 – Lee Roy A. Holmes, George Zinn III.
• Supervisor, District 5 – Ronnie Joe Bennett.
• State Representative, District 5, Kelvin Buck.
• State Representative, District 13, Don Randolph.
• State Representative, District 52, Tommy L. Woods.
• State Senator, District 2, Bill Stone.
Anyone interested in becoming a candidate for local elections can turn in qualifying documents at the circuit clerk’s office. The deadline for qualifying for local elections is March 1, while candidates for state legislature positions have until June 1 to qualify.
Fair association plans meeting January 24
The Marshall County Fair Association will hold its annual membership meeting on Monday, Jan. 24.
The meeting will be held at the fairgrounds on Highway 7 North in the cattle building and will begin at 7 p.m.
All interested in the fairgrounds are encouraged to attend. Come out and meet your district representative.
All members are urged to attend. Many important decisions for the upcoming year are made at this meeting.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page