Thursday, January 13, 2011
Holly Springs police make three arrests, go to many calls
The Holly Springs Police Department reported three felony arrests and a total of 76 calls for the week.
Officers answered 42 miscellaneous calls, nine disturbance calls, one assault, 11 alarms, one vandalism, two larceny, two burglary, two accidents, and one welfare check call, according to chief Robert Pearson. They assisted with five funerals.
In felony arrests for the week, Keith Murray, 22, of the 1800 block of Old Highway 7 South, was arrested and charged with four counts of burglary, Pearson said.
Ardelia Jeffries-Roberts, 27, of Highway 7 South, was arrested and charged with felony shoplifting, he said.
Pierre Plaxico, 56, of the 200 block of West Park Avenue, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, according to Pearson.
Officers took the following 13 reports:
Tuesday, Jan. 4
• an attempted suicide in the 400 block of Jones Beene Drive. Subject was transported to the hospital in DeSoto County.
Wednesday, Jan. 5
• a forgery reported in the 400 block of Craft Street. Case is under investigation.
• an auto burglary in the 100 block of Gholson Avenue. Suspect entered through unlocked door and took female’s purse containing $20, her driver’s license, Social Security card, and two credit cards. Case is under investigation.
• an auto burglary in the 900 block of Mackie Drive where suspect entered unlocked vehicle door. A cell phone and TomTom GPS were stolen from the truck. Case under investigation.
• a family disturbance in the 400 block of West College Avenue. A juvenile was arrested and transported to Lee County Detention Center in Tupelo.
• a simple assault in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive. Suspect bumped a male subject with their car.
• threatening phone calls in the 200 block of Mitchell Road.
• shoplifting in the 100 block of Spring Street. The female was charged with third shoplifting charge, a felony. She was arrested.
• telephone harassment in the 200 block of South Chesterman.
• an auto burglary in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Entry was made through unlocked door and a 60-count bottle of Lortab was reported missing.
Thursday, Jan. 6
• an attempted shoplifting in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. A juvenile attempted to steal a cell phone by cutting it out of a package. The juvenile was arrested and later released to the custody of his mother.
Friday, Jan. 7
• an attempted burglary in the 600 block of Woodland Heights. The owner walked outside to find a white pickup backed into his drive next to a stack of brick pavers and the male subject was seen loading the pavers into his truck. No charges have been filed.
Saturday, Jan. 8
• a burglary in the 300 block of Withers Avenue. Suspect entered through a broken window. Nothing found missing.
Holly Springs police officers reported these violations and arrests for the week - contempt arrest, 2; no proof of liability insurance, 1; no driver’s license, 1 arrest; speeding, 1; no/expired tag, 2; disregard for traffic device, 3; driving on wrong side of the road, 1; other violations, 2.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page