Thursday, May 12, 2011
Calendar of Events
• BLOOD DRIVE The Mississippi Blood Services mobile unit will be at Red Banks Baptist Church, 1-8 p.m.. For more info. or an appointment call Verna McAlexander, 662-252-2048.
• CONCERT The Majestic Sounds of Spring 2011 featuring the Byhalia High School Band with special guests Galena Middle School Concert Band and Choir will be held in the Byhalia High School gym, 6 p.m. Admission is $5. Proceeds from concert to assist students attending summer music camps.
• District 1 meeting The Marshall County Republican Club will host a Dist. 1 eating, meeting and greeting at Wall Doxey State Park, May 12, 6 p.m. Local and state candidates will be speaking.
• Alumni meeting The Byhalia FFA Alumni will meet at 6:30 p.m. in the ag classroom on the Byhalia High School campus. Membership renewal for the coming year is $18 and due at this time. For more information contact Mike Hamblin, 662-838-8761; or Michael Kinney, 901-486-2636.
• WORSHIP AND PRAISE night will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church featuring The McKameys from Clinton, Tenn., 7 p.m. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North. For more info. or directions call Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773 or Bubba Feathers, 901-497-8337. Wade Crum is pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Musical benefit for the New Hope Village Pantry at the Multi-Purpose Building, Fri., May 13, 7 p.m.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing with the Master’s Quartet from Booneville. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6:15 p.m.
• Women’s conference First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, beginning at 9 a.m. Guest speaker will be Brenda Weeks with guest singer Cheryl Fleming.
• Political speaking Bethel United Methodist Church youth (Benton County) will be hosting a political speaking on Sat., May 14 starting at 10 a.m. All state and county candidates are invited to attend. We will be selling hamburgers and hot dogs. Bethel UMC is located approximately three miles off Hwy. 5 between Ashland and Hickory Flat.
• Community wide clean-up, Watson Cemetery, Watson Rd., Byhalia, Sat., May 14, 8 a.m. Please bring weed-eaters, lawn mowers, axes and any other lawn equipment used to cut down small trees and bushes.
• Benefit program for KaJural Burns, May 14, 6 p.m. at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 MLK Dr. Choirs, speakers, praise teams, praise dancers. For more info. call 662-544-7212, 662-252-1938. All proceeds go to KaJural Burns.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Joe Richmond and Union Valley MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn is pastor.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual women’s day program at 11 a.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
•GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will celebrate the ground breaking of their new gymnasium and education building immediately following church services. Lunch will be served after the ceremony. Everyone is invited.
• usher day program will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church during the morning worship service at 9 a.m. The guest speaker will be Sis. Linda Moore of Concord MB Church. Also, annual choir day will be held at 1:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor.
• Weight Loss Program: Friendship Assembly of God now has a Fitness Center hosted by Women of Faith Ministries. You’re invited to come and join others for fellowship as you exercise the weight away and trim up to a healthier “You.” Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. and from 3:30–6 p.m. For more information, please contact the church office at 662-838-4000. Fitness director Ann Bumpus.
• Men’s Gym Night: Spring is here and it’s time for “Hoops Night”. The community gathers at the hoops on campus at Friendship Assembly of God for a game of street hoops, now its inside and the game is on. The community is invited every second and fourth Thursday evening of each month. Honor Bound Men’s ministries, Scotty Cothern. To learn more about “hoops night” contact the church office at 662-838-4000.
• Graduation ceremony Friendship Christian Academy graduation ceremony to be held at Friendship Assembly of God May 20. K-5 graduation begins at 5:30 p.m. with the senior graduation and commencement following at 6:30 p.m.
• Benefit singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a benefit singing beginning at 2 p.m., featuring The Peppers Family. Barbecue plates and fellowship will be held at 3 p.m. and the Potter’s Clay will sing at 4 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Bro. Danny Smithey. All proceeds go to the Feathers family.
• FAMILY REUNION will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 10 a.m. until. Family names include: Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish and old family photos. Please come; we look forward to seeing you there.
• Singing Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar - Ashland, Hwy. 5, with the Cross City Quartet. Singing at 6:30 p.m., with a fellowship meal after. Everyone is invited.
• In concert Clear Creek Baptist Church will host “Picking Up Pieces in concert, Sat., May 21. Fellowship at 6 p.m., concert to follow at 7. Everyone is invited. Church is located at 1704 Clear Creek Rd. in Lamar.
• Meeting The Marshall County Republican Club will have their monthly meeting, May 21, 10 a.m. at the Holly Springs Library. Everyone is invited.
• Spaghetti supper Mt. Pleasant Fire Department will have a spaghetti supper, 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. at the fire department. Plates will be $7 adults and $5 for children under 12. Please come out and support your local fire department.
• Picnic Sat., May 21, Hudsonville CME Church will have their annual church picnic, 12 noon until at Penilton and Glass farm, 1715 Robert Chapel Rd.
• ANNUAL TWELVE TRIBES of Israel Program will be held at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Hoey from Pleasant Hill CME Church. True Vine MB CHurch is located at 525 West Street and the pastor is Rev. Darrell E. Cunningham.
• Homecoming will be held at Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, on May 22 at 11 am. Everyone is invited. Sponsors are Alfreda DeBerry and Frances Johnson. Reverend Roger Daniel, pastor.
• Revival is breaking out at Friendship Assembly of God with guest speaker Patrick Kimberland. Service time Sunday morning starting at 10 a.m., evening service starting at 6 p.m. Services Mon. through Wed. to start at 7 p.m. Directions: Hwy. 78 from Holly Springs, take Victoria Exit 18 you will turn back to your left go about 1/4 mile and turn right on to Friendship Rd., church drive will be the third drive on the right. Hwy. 78 from Memphis, take the Victoria Exit 18 you will turn towards your right. Go about 1/4 mile and turn right on to Friendship Rd. church drive will be the third drive on the right.
• Anniversary The Hudson Singers will celebrate their anniversary, Sun., May 22, 2:30 at Providence MB Church in Holly Springs. Several groups and choirs have been invited.
• Fund-raiser The Holly Springs United Methodist Men are selling Boston butts for $25 each. Available for pickup in the church fellowship hall, Fri., May 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. For more info. call 662-252-1429. Tickets may be purchased in the church office, 175 East Van Dorn Ave.
• Yard Sale to benefit “Speed the Light” hosted by AfterShock youth of Friendship Assembly of God. To be held at Lexington Crossing subdivision in Olive Branch starting at 7 a.m. till 12.
29 – COME Worship with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God Sunday, May 29th at 10 a.m. We hope to see you here. Directions: Hwy. 78 from Holly Springs, take Victoria Exit 18 you will turn back to your left go about 1/4 mile and turn right on to Friendship Rd. church drive will be the 3rd drive on the right. Hwy. 78 from Memphis, take the Victoria Exit 18 you will turn towards your right. Go about 1/4 mile and turn right on to Friendship Rd. church drive will be the 3rd drive on the right.
• Church anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have their annual church anniversary at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Dr. Granville Scruggs and the Fireside COGIC of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd. will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring Mildred Keys and the Keynotes. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Annual Men and Women’s Day program will be held at Shady Grove CME Church, Hwy. 309, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Nancy Tolliver and guest church Roberts Chapel CME Church. Cornelia Booker, pastor, invites everyone.
• HOMECOMING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will celebrate their homecoming with Picking Up the Pieces as guests. Revival will begin June 6-10 with a special preacher.
• SUMMER CAMP 2011 The City of Holly Springs Parks and Recreation will have summer camp June 7-July 7, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for youth ages 7-14. All activities will be held at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-purpose center. Registration fee is $50.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing featuring the Williams Family. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6 p.m.
• EXTREME DAYS Vacation Bible School, June 13-17, to be held at Friendship Assembly of God 6-8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
• Homecoming Calvary Baptist Church, between Lamar - Ashland on Hwy. 5. The church will celebrate it’s 69th homecoming. Noon meal and singing in the afternoon.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, July 9, 2 p.m. Hwy 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• Homecoming and political rally Strawberry Church will be having it’s annual homecoming and political rally July 9, 2011 at 12 noon. All candidates are invited. For additional information please contact George Zinn at (662) 544-3270
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburgers, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page