Thursday, May 5, 2011
Police make two felony arrests
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department responded to 90 calls last week.
They included disturbances, 8; assaults, 1; alarms, 8; accidents, 9; larcenies, 1; burglaries, 1; medical and assists to sheriff’s department, 7; shots fired, 1; domestic, 4; welfare check/house call, 3; 911 hang-ups, 2, malicious mischief, 1; and miscellaneous, 44.
Officers took the following reports
Monday, April 25
• homicide in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive. Jeremy McGauyhey is wanted on a warrant for murder.
• medical assist in the 100 block of North Memphis Street.
Wednesday, April 27
• damage to a vehicle in the 400 block of Rencher Drive.
Thursday, April 28
• domestic dispute in the 400 block of Moss Avenue.
• burglary in the 500 block of J.M. Ash Drive.
• simple assault in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• minor children ages 8 and 3 years old left unattended for 20 minutes at night in the 600 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Friday, April 29
• malicious mischief in the 200 block of Walthall Street.
• disturbance in the area of West Boundary and College Avenue. A juvenile was arrested and later released to a family member.
• petit larceny in the 300 block of Hill Street.
• counterfeiting in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
Saturday, April 30
• simple assault in the area of West Street and Rolfing Road. Each subject was issued a summons for court.
• domestic disturbance in the 200 block of Shelby Drive.
• disturbance in the 100 block of Clarice Drive.
• child abuse in the 100 block of West Woodward Avenue. The matter was turned over to the Department of Human Services.
Sunday, May 1
• assist to Holly Springs Fire Department medical personnel in the 400 block of Coopwood Drive.
• trespassing in the 100 block of Valley Avenue.
Two felony arrests were made. Eddie L. Smith, 40, of 185 West Woodward, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, according to chief Robert Pearson. Also, Bridget Davis-Smith, 34, of 458 Matthew Corner Road, Byhalia, was arrested and charged with uttering forgery.
Officers reported these additional activities – no proof of insurance, 6; no/expired tag, 2; seatbelt violation, 1; speeding, 1; driving while license suspended, 2 arrests; driving while license suspended/DUI refusal, 1; DUI, 1; contempt, 2 arrests; disorderly conduct, 1 arrest; and malicious mischief, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page