Thursday, April 28, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Revival Jones Grove MB Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 S., April 27-29, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker, Pastor Willie Hoey, Pleasant Hill CME Church. Lecturers, Pastor Joe Powell and Pastor John Powell. Come and be blessed.
• Meeting Marshall County Relay for Life meeting has been scheduled for 6:15 p.m. Marshall County Library. Business of importance. Committee members are urged to be present. There will be a photo session.
• PLANNING MEETING The Ida B. Wells Festival and Birthday Celebration is scheduled for July 15-17. The planning meeting is set for this Friday, 220 N. Randolph, Holly Springs. For more information call 662-252-3232.
• A Gospel Singing will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia Road, 6 p.m. Special guests will be The One Way Quartet from Ethel and Beyond Measure from Walls. Wade Crum is pastor. The public is invited.
• Mother/Daughter Prayer Breakfast, sponsored by the Missionary Society of St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs (Lake Center), is scheduled for 8 a.m. “Humble Yourself and Pray” 2 Chronicles 7:14 is the theme. Sis. Ardelia Briggs will be the speaker. Tickets are $5. The public is invited. Sis. Wanda McNeil, Missionary president, Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• benefit program for Amy Hale, Saturday, April 30, at 6 p.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road. All choirs and soloist are invited to participate. Let’s come out and show Amy some love. Elder Eddie Wilson is the pastor.
• Musician’s appreciation The Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will be sponsoring a Musician’s Appreciation Program in honor of Bro. Marshall Raimey, pianist, and Bro. Corey Jeffries, drummer. Everyone is cordially invited. Time, 5:30 p.m. Many groups, choirs and male choruses have been invited. Refreshments will be served. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Spring Fling Miracle Temple Salt and Light Ministries, 1126 Allen Corner Rd., Lamar, 12 noon to 3 p.m. Many games and activities. Come and enjoy the day with us.
• HOMECOMING The New Hope MB Church will have their 47th Annual Homecoming Program at 2 p.m. Servant George Rayford and the New Community M.B. Church of Aurora, Ill., will be special guests.
• ANNUAL FRIENDS DAY will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. James Morganfield and Branch of Christ MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn Sr. is pastor.
• CHOIR DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual choir day at 3 p.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• BANQUET A Birthday and Love Appreciation Banquet for Mother Lettie Moore will be held at Community Temple on Mt. Zion Road, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Terry Smith of Mt. Vernon Church. For more info. contact pastor Frank Moore, 901-387-8791.
• Choir Day Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Rd., 2:30 p.m. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• ANNIVERSARY Providence M.B. Church will have their pastor and wife’s 11th anniversary program honoring Alonzo and Patricia Johnson at 2 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Ronnie Franklin and Hebron MB Church.
• Homecoming New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden is having their annual homecoming, Sunday May 1. Services start at 11 a.m. and a fellowship lunch will be served following the morning service. Singing after lunch. Featured group will be The Ross Family from Mifflin, Tenn. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to come out and help us celebrate our Homecoming.
• REVIVAL Holly Hill Baptist Church will have a revival May 1 through May 4. Bro. Bobby McGillard will be preaching. Services will start Sunday at 9:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Wednesday services will start at 7 p.m. Bro. Frank and congregation invite all to come and worship.
• WOMEN’S MONTH CELEBRATION Missionary Baptist Church, located at 3193 Marianna Road, will celebrate Women’s Month during May. Different women of God will be speaking each Sunday in May. May 1: Brenda James, Mt. Peel MB Church-11 a.m.; May 8: Hannah Craft, Mt. Moriah MB Church-11 a.m.; May 15: Doris Williamson, Hopewell #1 MB Church-11 a.m.; May 22: Mary LeSueur, Hopewell #2 MB Church-9:15 a.m.; and May 29: Youth and Young Adult Ministry of Mt. Moriah-9:15 a.m. Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson is pastor. Tahnee Craft is Women’s Ministry Leader.
• REUNION MEETING Sandflat and H.W. Byers High School 30th reunion meetings will be held the first Monday of each month, 7 p.m., in the school library until September.
• FISH FRY Marshall Academy will have a benefit fish fry for Coach Wicker, 5-7 p.m. All proceeds will be donated to the Wicker family for medical expenses. Dine in or carry out plates for $10.
• Friends of the Library will meet at 11:30 a.m. at the Marshall County Library. The program will be presented at 12 noon by Betty Cowles. Her subject will be Mary Sarratt, owner of the boarding house where those who conspired to assassinate Pres. Lincoln lodged.
• Killer Kudzu Run will be held on the east side of square in Holly Springs at 7 p.m. 5K run will be $15 and one mile run-walk will be $10 in advance; day of race, run will be $18. For more information call 252-1862 or log on to www.americanpac.com to register on line.
• Flea market Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) will host a community-wide flea market, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces will cost $10. Call 662-404-1899 for more info.
• MEADOWBROOK BAPTIST CHURCH, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, 662-838-6337 will have a benefit for Meadowbrook Mission Team’s trip to Honduras. There will be fish fry and cake auction. Entertainment will be provided by the Geeslin Brothers.
• singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd., will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring local singers. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• BENEFIT A benefit program for Kajural Burns will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 Martin Luther King Drive, 6 p.m. There will be praise teams, male choruses and praise dancers. For more information call 662-544-7212 or 252-1938.
• Mother’s Night Kimbrough Chapel Church, 6 p.m.
• 25th Memorial ceremony 9 a.m. on the Marshall County Courthouse lawn, celebrating the life and legacy of the late Sheriff Osborne Bell.
• Benefit program for Idell Sykes Rucker will be held at Reid’s Gift MB Church, 7 p.m. Pastor, Jerry L. Williams.
• Annual Graveside memorial services for Mama Lessye Lee Davis will be held at 8:30 a.m. A motorcade from the Holly Springs square to Hill Crest Cemetery will leave at 8:15 a.m. Meditation will be give by Min. Doris Williams.
• SINGING A singing will be held at Chewalla Baptist Church with Southern Image as special guests. The fellowship meal will be at 6 p.m. and singing at 7 p.m.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION will be held at Jones Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m. M.C. will be James Chambers of 1240 AM WAVN. Sponsors are Betty Raimey and Pastor John Powell. Several groups will perform.
• MOTHER’S DAY CELEBRATION will be held at Community Temple off Mt. Zion Road during the morning service. The men are in charge. Host pastor is Frank Moore. For more information call 662-851-3388.
• BLOOD DRIVE The Mississippi Blood Services mobile unit will be at Red Banks Baptist Church, 1-8 p.m.
• Singing, featuring The McKamey’s, 7 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy 309 N., Byhalia, www.fbcbyhalia.com. Pastor Wade Crum invites the public to attend. Free admission, a love offering will be taken.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing with the Master’s Quartet from Booneville. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6:15 p.m.
• Women’s conference First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, beginning at 9 a.m. Guest speaker will be Brenda Weeks with guest singer Cheryl Fleming.
• FRAPPE SIP in memory of Dr. David Stratmon will be held at the Ida B. Wells Barnett Musuem, 220 N. Randolph St., 3 p.m. For additional information contact Mary Milan, 662-252-2796; or Leona Harris, 662-252-3232.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Joe Richmond and Union Valley MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn is pastor.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual women’s day program at 11 a.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
•GROUND BREAKING CEREMONY First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will celebrate the ground breaking of their new gymnasium and education building immediately following church services. Lunch will be served after the ceremony. Everyone is invited.
• Benefit singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a benefit singing, 2 p.m., featuring different groups including The Potter’s Clay. Everyone is invited.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
• FAMILY REUNION will be held at the Benton Co. Agri-Center, 10 a.m. until. Family names include: Allen, Skelton, Byrd, Feathers, Bolden, Wilson, Thompson, Smith, Yager, Yeager, Pannell, McClure, Holmes, Watkins and Rhea. If you are related, you are invited. Bring your favorite dish and old family photos. Please come; we look forward to seeing you there.
• ANNUAL TWELVE TRIBES of Israel Program will be held at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Willie Hoey from Pleasant Hill CME Church. True Vine MB CHurch is located at 525 West Street and the pastor is Rev. Darrell E. Cunningham.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd. will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring Mildred Keys and the Keynotes. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• SUMMER CAMP 2011 The City of Holly Springs Parks and Recreation will have summer camp June 7-July 7, 7:30 a.m.-1 p.m. for youth ages 7-14. All activities will be held at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-purpose center. Registration fee is $50.
• Political rally, sponsored by the Pilot Club of Holly Springs, on the square in Holly Springs, 5 p.m. until. All state and local candidates are welcome. Hamburges, hot dogs, water, soft drinks and desserts for sale. Come join us.
• Political rally, Chulahoma Lodge, July 9, 2 p.m. Hwy 4 West, Chulahoma community. For more info. call Robert Pool Sr. at 662-564-2480.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page