Thursday, April 21, 2011
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL SERVICES New Hope CME Church in Red Banks April 20-22, 7 p.m. nightly. The speaker will be Bruce Lee Williams. Rev. Doris Alexander is pastor.
• Revival Redeemed Fellowship Ministries invites everyone to revival, Wed.-Fri., April 20-22, 7 p.m. nightly. Apostle Joseph McKinney and the Greater Works Church of Collierville, Tenn. will be guests. Pastor Will A. Merriweather. The church is located at 316B MLK Dr., Holly Springs.
• BAKE SALE The women and youth of Greenfield Church will sponsor a bake sale on April 22, Good Friday, at Lavora’s and on April 23 at Carlisle’s Big Star. To place an order call 252-1054 or 252-7460.
• Easter egg hunt Parks and Recreation Department will have an Easter egg hunt April 22, 10 a.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose for children ages 10 and under. Grand prize is $50.
• Easter egg hunt Please join us at 4 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, located at 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.), for a communitywide Easter egg hunt for kids up to sixth grade. Dinner will also be provided for children and adults. This event is absolutely free.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Tina Lee will be held at Mt. Zion Taska Church, 6 p.m., sponsored by Pastor Robert McClain and Pastor Ladaryl Odum. The public is invited.
• TWO DAYS OF CELEBRATION Emmanuel Baptist Church will have a celebration weekend, April 23-24. Saturday 2-5 p.m. with free entertainment, games for all ages, free food. Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School, 10:45 celebration service. The church is located at 945 Quinn Road.
• Bake sale Bethel UMC (Benton County) will be having a bake sale at the Ripley Wal-Mart from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, April 23. All proceeds go to Bethel United Methodist Church.
• communitywide Easter egg hunt will be held at First Southern Baptist Church in Victoria, 4 p.m. for children 12 and under.
• A special Easter Service Celebration will be held at Faith Baptist Church, Hwy. 309, in Barton, 10 a.m.
• LADIES’ MEETING Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive in Byhalia Industrial Park, will have a ladies meeting at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Gaye Sheffel. A potluck meal will be served. Call Sandy or Angela, 662-279-7371.
• Easter egg hunt Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have an Easter egg hunt at 4 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Bake sale Thomas LP parking lot Saturday, April 23, from 8 a.m. until 12 noon. All proceeds go to the youth department for Chewalla Assembly for camp.
• EASTER SUNRISE service will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church with Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. as host pastor.
• EASTER SERVICE First Southern Baptist Church and Victoria Heights Baptist Church will have a combined Easter service at Victoria Heights, 11 a.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Easter Services will be held at Grays Chapel CME Church at 9 a.m. Brunch will be served. Reverend Brian Davis Sr. is pastor.
• ANNUAL EASTER PROGRAM will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 7 p.m. Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor. St. Mark Church will be special guests.
• EASTER MORNING SERVICE will be held at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, 9:30 a.m. Breakfast will be served 8 a.m.-9:10 a.m. Pastor is Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. The church is located on Old Hwy. 7 West.
• YOUTH DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual youth day at 11 a.m. Guests will be Minister Tracy Jeffries and New Faith Outreach Ministries church family. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• EASTER SERVICES will be held at New Hope CME Church in Red Banks at 8 a.m. All are invited to come. Rev. Doris Alexander is the pastor.
• EASTER SERVICE Macedonia Baptist Church at 14910 Cathy Road in Byhalia is inviting all to attend our Easter Sunrise Service at 6:30 a.m.
Followed by a fellowship breakfast. We want to also extend an invitation to attend our 11 a.m. service.
• EASTER SERVICE Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have Easter sunrise services, 6 p.m., with breakfast following services. Everyone is invited.
• EASTER SERVICE Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Road, will have an Easter Program at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor.
• EASTER FEST Hudsonville Church Life Center, Easter Fest 2011, 6 p.m. Guest groups include Stars of Faith, Caldwell Singers, Posely Jones, Mighty Gospel Warriors, Supreme Harmonettes, Melvin Bufford, Pastor Ronnie Strong and many more. Sponsor is Larry Gatewood. The public is invited.
• Easter Service, Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, featuring singing, preaching, and testimony. Morning fellowship breakfast. Everyone is invited to attend this special service, beginning at 6:15 a.m. Weather permitting, it will be conducted outside.
• YOUTH REVIVAL Finley Grove M.B. Church, Hwy. 7 North, will have their annual youth revival April 26-28, 7 p.m. Rev. Ronnie Franklin of Hebron M.B. Church will be the guest speaker. All youth choirs and the public are invited. Program chairman is Joyce Brown. Pastor is Rev. James C. Green.
• Revival Jones Grove MB Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 S., April 27-29, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker, Pastor Willie Hoey, Pleasant Hill CME Church. Lecturers, Pastor Joe Powell and Pastor John Powell. Come and be blessed.
• A Gospel Singing will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia Road, 6 p.m. Special guests will be The One Way Quartet from Ethel and Beyond Measure from Walls. Wade Crum is pastor. The public is invited.
• Mother/Daughter Prayer Breakfast, sponsored by the Missionary Society of St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs (Lake Center), is scheduled for 8 a.m. “Humble Yourself and Pray” 2 Chronicles 7:14 is the theme. Sis. Ardelia Briggs will be the speaker. Tickets are $5. The public is invited. Sis. Wanda McNeil, Missionary president, Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• benefit program for Amy Hale, Saturday, April 30, at 6 p.m. at Mt. Pisgah CME Church on Cayce Road. All choirs and soloist are invited to participate. Let’s come out and show Amy some love. Elder Eddie Wilson is the pastor.
• Musician’s appreciation The Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, will be sponsoring a Musician’s Appreciation Program in honor of Bro. Marshall Raimey, pianist, and Bro. Corey Jeffries, drummer. Everyone is cordially invited. Time, 5:30 p.m. Many groups, choirs and male choruses have been invited. Refreshments will be served. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Spring Fling April 30, Miracle Temple Salt and Light Ministries, 1126 Allen Corner Rd., Lamar, 12 noon to 3 p.m. Many games and activities. Come and enjoy the day with us.
• HOMECOMING The New Hope M.B. Church will have their 47th Annual Homecoming Program at 2 p.m. Servant George Rayford and the New Community M.B. Church of Aurora, Ill., will be special guests.
• ANNUAL FRIENDS DAY will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. James Morganfield and Branch of Christ MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn Sr. is pastor.
• CHOIR DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual choir day at 3 p.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• BANQUET A Birthday and Love Appreciation Banquet for Mother Lettie Moore will be held at Community Temple on Mt. Zion Road, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Terry Smith of Mt. Vernon Church. For more info. contact pastor Frank Moore, 901-387-8791.
• Choir Day Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce Rd., 2:30 p.m. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• REUNION MEETING Sandflat and H.W. Byers High School 30th reunion meetings will be held the first Monday of each month, 7 p.m., in the school library until September.
• Killer Kudzu Run will be held on the east side of square in Holly Springs at 7 p.m. 5K run will be $15 and one mile run-walk will be $10 in advance; day of race, run will be $18. For more information call 252-1862 or log on to www.americanpac.com to register on line.
• Flea market Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) will host a community-wide flea market, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces will cost $10. Call 662-404-1899 for more info.
• MEADOWBROOK BAPTIST CHURCH, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, 662-838-6337 will have a benefit for Meadowbrook Mission Team’s trip to Honduras. There will be fish fry and cake auction. Entertainment will be provided by the Geeslin Brothers.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd., will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring local singers. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• BENEFIT A benefit program for Kajural Burns will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 Martin Luther King Drive, 6 p.m. There will be praise teams, male choruses and praise dancers. For more information call 662-544-7212 or 252-1938.
• Mother’s Night Kimbrough Chapel Church, May 7, 6 p.m.
• 25th Memorial ceremony May 7, 9 a.m. on the Marshall County Courthouse lawn, celebrating the life and legacy of the late Sheriff Osborne Bell.
• Benefit program for Idell Sykes Rucker, Sat., May 7, Reid’s Gift MB Church, 7 p.m. Pastor, Jerry L. Williams.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION will be held at Jones Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m. M.C. will be James Chambers of 1240 AM WAVN. Sponsors are Betty Raimey and Pastor John Powell. Several groups will perform.
• Singing, featuring The McKamey’s, May 13, 7 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy 309 N., Byhalia, www.fbcbyhalia.com. Pastor Wade Crum invites the public to attend. Free admission, a love offering will be taken.
• Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a singing with the Master’s Quartet from Booneville. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6:15 p.m.
• Women’s conference First Baptist Church, Potts Camp, beginning at 9 a.m. Guest speaker will be Brenda Weeks with guest singer Cheryl Fleming.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Joe Richmond and Union Valley MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn is pastor.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual women’s day program at 11 a.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• Benefit singing Marianna Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 South, will have a benefit singing, 2 p.m., featuring different groups including The Potter’s Clay. Everyone is invited.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd. will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring Mildred Keys and the Keynotes. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page