Thursday, April 14, 2011
Calendar of Events
• Men’s Gym Night - The community is invited every second and fourth Thursday evening of each month to “hoops night” at Friendship Assembly of God. To learn more about “hoops night” contact the church office at 662-838-4000.
• GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP North Mississippi Hospice sponsors a grief support group that meets every month, 12-1 p.m. at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. A light lunch will be provided. For info. call 662-234-0140.
• PTA MEETING The Holly Springs Intermediate School PTA meeting will be held in the school library at 5:30 p.m. All parents with children are encouraged to attend. Tammy Hampton is the PTA president.
• REVIVAL Davis Temple C.L.G., 635 West St., will have a revival April 14-15, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be Elder Jeremiah Simmons from Coleman’s Temple C.L.G. from Ripley. Elder Robert Davis is pastor.
•Annual Women’s Conference April 15-16, Annual Women’s Conference at Smith Grove MB Church, 5776 Smith Grove Rd., Holly Springs.
• STAR STUDENT FIELD TRIP will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 405 S. Maury Street.
• “Open Gym Night” With AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God will be held at 7 p.m. This is a community event open to all young people from the ages of 13 to 25.
• ANNIVERSARY Bibleway Outreach Fellowship 14th Church Anniversary will be held April 15-17. Friday services start at 7:30 p.m. with Pastor Ed Reynolds from New Life Christian Church Center in Austin, Tex. Saturday concert starts at 7 p.m. featuring J. Eric Brown and Charity. Sunday services will begin at 9 a.m. with Sunday School. The church is located on Hwy. 178, Byhalia.
• GOLF TOURNAMENT to benefit the Summer Youth Missions Program of First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, will be held at 10 a.m., four-person scramble at Kirkwood. Cost is $55 per person. Call the church office, 252-2627 to sign up.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a benefit program for Lovie Lorine Raimey, a young mother who needs a liver transplant, 6 p.m. Donations, prayers and participation from choirs and groups are welcomed. For more info. call Delois Briggs, 662-544-0637; Willanda Hearn, 901-864-6697; or Curesa Smith, 901-282-1862. Everyone is invited.
• CLUB MEETING Marshall County Republican Club meets at the Marshall County Library, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• LOVE BANQUET Providence MB Church will be honor their pastor and his wife with a love banquet at 6 p.m. The guest speaker will be Pastor Bruce Williams and Ark of Safety Church. Tickets are $10 for adults, children 12 and under $2.50. For more info. call Lillian Johnson, 252-6647, Tammy Crumb, 901-289-6731; and Doris Mallory, 662-252-6981.
• ADOPTION The Marshall County Humane Society will have dogs available for adoption at Brookside Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Come find a new friend!
• MUSICAL Free Branch MB Church will have their annual musical program at 6 p.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• CONCERT Clear Creek Baptist Church will host the Holloway Family in concert from Smithville at 7 p.m. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m. The church is located at 1704 Clear Creek Road in Lamar.
• RELAY FOR LIFE Mt. Pisgah CME Church is sponsoring a Cure for Cancer Carnival beginning at 12 noon. Lots of food, fun, games, prizes and kiddie rides. Buy an arm band and ride all day. All proceeds benefit Relay For Life. The church is located at 3877 Cayce Road. Elder Eddie Wilson is the pastor. For more information call Linda Whitlock Wilson, 252-4706.
• Conference climax worship service, Smith Grove MB Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker is Evangelist Bevelin Kneeland. Everyone is invited to attend. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Annual Usher Day program will be held at St. Paul CME Church of Holly Springs on Sunday, April 17, at 12 noon, along with morning worship service. Pastor LaDaryl Odom and St. Mark MB Church of Collierville, Tenn., will be the guests. Sunday School will be held at 10:30 a.m. All ushers and friends are cordially invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, and Sis. Brenda Falkner, usher president.
• TWELVE TRIBES of Israel program will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Speaker will be Willie Hoey along with his church family. Everyone is invited.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Arthur Fitchpatrick and New Way of Living Church.
• FAMILY AND FRIEND’S DAY The Spirit of Life Church of God in Christ, Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will have their annual Family and Friends’ Day at 3 p.m. Pastor is Gunnette Joyner Sr.
• MUSIC PROGRAM Ashland United Methodist Charge will have a Sacred Music Festival on Palm Sunday, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Pastor and Wife’s Anniversary celebration, Hopewell #1 MB Church, Holly Springs, on Sunday, April 17, at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Nathaniel Craft and Center Chapel Baptist Church, Memphis, Tenn., will be special guests. The public is invited to attend. Rev. Leroy and first lady Henrietta James, honorees.
• USHER DAY program will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 1 p.m. Rev. Calvin Rayborn Sr. is pastor.
Revival Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Rd., will hold
revival meetings Sunday, April 17 -11 a.m. and 6 p.m,. April 18 and 19
at 7 p.m. Dr. Jim Burke, Associational Missions director for Marshall
Baptist Association is the evangelist. Everyone is invited.
• HOLY WEEK Grays Chapel CME Church will have Holy Week Services April 18-20 at 7 p.m. nightly. Reverend Brian Davis Sr. is pastor.
REVIVAL SERVICES New Hope CME Church in Red Banks April 20-22, 7 p.m.
nightly. The speaker will be Bruce Lee Williams. Rev. Doris Alexander
• BAKE SALE The women and youth of Greenfield Church will sponsor a bake sale on April 22, Good Friday, at Lavora’s and on April 23 at Carlisle’s Big Star. To place an order call 252-1054 or 252-7460.
• Easter egg hunt Please join us at 4 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, located at 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.), for a communitywide Easter egg hunt for kids up to sixth grade. Dinner will also be provided for children and adults. This event is absolutely free.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Tina Lee will be held at Mt. Zion Taska Church, 6 p.m., sponsored by Pastor Robert McClain and Pastor Ladaryl Odum. The public is invited.
• TWO DAYS OF CELEBRATION Emmanuel Baptist Church will have a celebration weekend, April 23-24. Saturday 2-5 p.m. with free entertainment, games for all ages, free food. Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School, 10:45 celebration service. The church is located at 945 Quinn Road.
• Bake sale Bethel UMC (Benton County) will be having a bake sale at the Ripley Wal-Mart from 8-11 a.m. on Saturday, April 23. All proceeds go to Bethel United Methodist Church.
• A communitywide Easter egg hunt will be held at First Southern Baptist Church in Victoria, 4 p.m. for children 12 and under.
• A special Easter Service Celebration will be held at Faith Baptist Church, Hwy. 309, in Barton, 10 a.m.
• LADIES’ MEETING Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive in Byhalia Industrial Park, will have a ladies meeting at 2 p.m. Guest speaker will be Gaye Sheffel. A potluck meal will be served. Call Sandy or Angela, 662-279-7371.
• EASTER SUNRISE service will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church with Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. as host pastor.
• EASTER SERVICE First Southern Baptist Church and Victoria Heights Baptist Church will have a combined Easter service at Victoria Heights, 11 a.m. Everyone is welcome.
• Easter Services will be held at Grays Chapel CME Church at 9 a.m. Brunch will be served. Reverend Brian Davis Sr. is pastor.
• ANNUAL EASTER PROGRAM will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 7 p.m. Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor. St. Mark Church will be special guests.
• EASTER MORNING SERVICE will be held at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, 9:30 a.m. Breakfast will be served 8 a.m.-9:10 a.m. Pastor is Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. The church is located on Old Hwy. 7 West.
• YOUTH DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual youth day at 11 a.m. Guests will be Minister Tracy Jeffries and New Faith Outreach Ministries church family. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• EASTER SERVICES will be held at New Hope CME Church in Red Banks at 8 a.m. All are invited to come. Rev. Doris Alexander is the pastor.
YOUTH REVIVAL Finley Grove M.B. Church, Hwy. 7 North, will have their
annual youth revival April 26-28, 7 p.m. Rev. Ronnie Franklin of Hebron
M.B. Church will be the guest speaker. All youth choirs and the public
are invited. Program chairman is Joyce Brown. Pastor is Rev. James C.
• A Gospel Singing will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia Road, 6 p.m. Special guests will be The One Way Quartet from Ethel and Beyond Measure from Walls. Wade Crum is pastor. The public is invited.
• Mother/Daughter Prayer Breakfast,
sponsored by the Missionary Society of St. Paul CME Church, Holly
Springs (Lake Center), is scheduled for 8 a.m. “Humble Yourself and
Pray” 2 Chronicles 7:14 is the theme. Sis. Ardelia Briggs will be the
speaker. Tickets are $5. The public is invited. Sis. Wanda McNeil,
Missionary president, Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• HOMECOMING The New Hope M.B. Church will have their 47th Annual Homecoming Program at 2 p.m. Servant George Rayford and the New Community M.B. Church of Aurora, Ill., will be special guests.
• ANNUAL FRIENDS DAY will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. James Morganfield and Branch of Christ MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn Sr. is pastor.
• CHOIR DAY Free Branch M.B. Church will have their annual choir day at 3 p.m. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
• BANQUET A Birthday and Love Appreciation Banquet for Mother Lettie Moore will be held at Community Temple on Mt. Zion Road, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Terry Smith of Mt. Vernon Church. For more info. contact pastor Frank Moore, 901-387-8791.
• REUNION MEETING Sandflat and H.W. Byers High School 30th reunion meetings will be held the first Monday of each month, 7 p.m., in the school library until September.
• Killer Kudzu Run will be held on the east side of square in Holly Springs at 7 p.m. 5K run will be $15 and one mile run-walk will be $10 in advance; day of race, run will be $18. For more information call 252-1862 or log on to www.americanpac.com to register on line.
• Flea market Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) will host a community-wide flea market, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces will cost $10. Call 662-404-1899 for more info.
• MEADOWBROOK BAPTIST CHURCH, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, 662-838-6337 will have a benefit for Meadowbrook Mission Team’s trip to Honduras. There will be fish fry and cake auction. Entertainment will be provided by the Geeslin Brothers.
• singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd., will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring local singers. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• BENEFIT A benefit program for Kajural Burns will be held at Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 Martin Luther King Drive, 6 p.m. There will be praise teams, male choruses and praise dancers. For more information call 662-544-7212 or 252-1938.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION will be held at Jones Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m. M.C. will be James Chambers of 1240 AM WAVN. Sponsors are Betty Raimey and Pastor John Powell. Several groups will perform.
• ANNUAL HOMECOMING will be held at Liberty Hill MB Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Joe Richmond and Union Valley MB Church. Rev. Calvin Rayborn is pastor.
• WOMEN’S DAY Free Branch M.B. Church
will have their annual women’s day program at 11 a.m. Pastor is J.L.
Tunstall. Everyone is invited.
singing--Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located half a mile south of
Goodman on Cayce Rd. will have a gospel singing at 7 p.m. featuring
Mildred Keys and the Keynotes. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page