Thursday, April 7, 2011
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL Community Temple will have a revival April 6-8, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Guest pastor is Clint Gipson. Host pastor is Frank Moore. For more information call 851-3388 or 851-0973.
• PANCAKE BREAKFAST The Marshall County Humane Society Pancake Breakfast will be held 7 a.m.-10 a.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. The price is $5 for all-you-can-eat.
• PTA MEETING will be held for the Holly Springs High School and Jr. High, 5:30 p.m. in the school library. All parents, staff, students and concerned individuals are encouraged to attend.
• CAMPOUT The Royal Rangers of Post 108 of Friendship Assembly of God are gearing up for the annual ranger campout and boys 8 and up are invited. Campers with all their gear will meet on church campus at 5 p.m. For more information, you can contact the church office at 662-838-4000. Boys ages 7 and under must be accompanied by their dad, grandfather or guardian.
• Spaghetti Supper, from 5-7 p.m. in the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church. Donations will be appreciated for our special mission projects.
• Career Day Activities will be held at St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs (Lake Center), Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. Representatives from area colleges and universities, National Guard, EMS, law enforcement, medical and other professionals have been invited. Information on scholarships, ACT, resume-writing, etc. will be available, along with other activities. The public is invited. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor. Sponsored by BOCE.
• Autism Walk-a-thon Zeta Phi Beta Sorority youth auxiliary group will hold an Eyes Wide Open for Autism Awareness at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 North Memphis St., April 9, 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Come join the cause and walk for a cure.
• Memorial team roping Benton County AgriCenter, Ashland. Books open at 10; rope at 11. All ropings are four head, progressive. USTRC ratings will be used. Concessions and silent auction. Proceeds will go toward the Aaron German Memorial Scholarship Fund. For more information, call Laurie Baggett, 662-401-3940; Teresa Morton, 901-674-5096; Will Hancock, 662-292-1716; Mike Crockett, 662-501-0554.
• Youth Program Victoria Church of Christ, 192 Friendship Road, will have a Straight Talk Program, 10 a.m. The topic gang/bully/acohol/HIV/drugs/STDs. The speaker will be Bro. Willie Hampton. Everyone is invited. Minister is Bro. David Jackson.
• PASTOR AND WIFE Banquet will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Elton Hyman and New Hickory Hill Church.
• BANQUET The Pastor Aide Department and the family of New Dimension Ministry will be honoring Elder Actavatis and elect lady Zelma Allen with an appreciation banquet, 5 p.m. The climax will be held April 17 at 3 p.m. New Dimension Ministry is located at 565 Neely Ave., Holly Springs.
• YARD SALE First Southern Baptist Church, Old Hwy. 178 at Victoria, 7 a.m. Behind Citizens Bank. All proceeds benefit church. Clothes, furniture and more.
• SINGING Rice Chapel Methodist Church, Hwy. 72, will have a singing with the Blue Grass Pals from Canaan Baptist Church. Fellowship will be at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Pastor is Bro. Walter Myers.
• CLUB MEETING The W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 Club will meet at 5 p.m. at the Pizza Hut, Hwy. 7 S., Holly Springs. Please attend. James Alford.
• A bake sale hosted by Mpact Girls Ministries beginning at 10 a.m. will be held at Byhalia Tire and Battery, located on 178 in Byhalia. Lots of cakes, cookies, cupcakes and many more delicious treats. For more information, you can contact the Friendship Assembly of God at 662-838-4000.
• TRIVIA NIGHT at Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, will be held at 6:30 p.m. to benefit the summer youth camp. There will be sandwiches, chips, dips and desserts. For more information call 662-838-6337. Sponsored by Bro. Vlad and the youth. Everyone is welcome.
• SINGING Marianna Baptist Church will have a singing featuring the Bluff City Quartet. Fellowship will be at 5 p.m. and singing at 6:15 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• GOSPEL MUSIC & AWARDS will be held at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building on North Memphis Street, 6 p.m. The public is invited.
• Revival, Faith Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, April 10-13, 7 p.m. Sat. night singing at 6 p.m. Speakers will be Campers on Mission to Mississippi. Everyone invited. Pastor, Dr. Greg Thomas.
• NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 405 Maury Street, April 10-15.
• FRIENDS NIGHT The Silver Stars’ annual Friends Night Program will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church on Hwy. 178 East, Holly Springs, 7 p.m. Pastor is Rev. Patrick Bailey. MC will be Catherine Jefferson. Groups on program will be The Spiritual Wonders, The Faithful Few, The Anointed Spiritualettes, The Twilight Singers, The Great Wings of Joy, The Stars of Faith, The Gospel Travelers, The Harmoneers of Oxford, The Dynamic Angels .
• Family & Friends Day Antioch M.B. Church, 1306 Gardner Rd., Victoria, will be having Family and Friends’ Day, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Columbus Bell and Philadelphia M.B. Church from Oakland, will be the guests. Everyone is invited. Sponsors are Emma Bell-Young and Irener Young. Rev. Roger Daniel, pastor.
• ANNUAL FIRST LADY DAY Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have their Annual First Lady Day for Missionary Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Missionary Crutchfield and the King Temple C.O.G.I.C. of Rossville, Tenn. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Men’s Gym Night - The community is invited every second and fourth Thursday evening of each month to “hoops night” at Friendship Assembly of God. To learn more about “hoops night” contact the church office at 662-838-4000.
•Annual Women’s Conference April 15-16, Annual Women’s Conference at Smith Grove MB Church, 5776 Smith Grove Rd., Holly Springs.
• STAR STUDENT FIELD TRIP will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 405 S. Maury Street.
• “Open Gym Night” With AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God will be held at 7 p.m. This is a community event open to all young people from the ages of 13 to 25.
• GOLF TOURNAMENT to benefit the Summer Youth Missions Program of First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, will be held at 10 a.m. Four-person scramble at Kirkwood. Cost, $55 per person. Call the church office, 252-2627 to sign up. Hole sponsor deadline is April 1.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a benefit program for Lovie Lorine Raimey, a young mother that needs a liver transplant, 6 p.m. Donations, prayers and participation from choirs and groups are welcomed. For more info. call Delois Briggs, 662-544-0637; Willanda Hearn, 901-864-6697; or Curesa Smith, 901-282-1862. Everyone is invited.
• Conference climax worship service, Smith Grove MB Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker is Evangelist Bevelin Kneeland. Everyone is invited to attend. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Annual Usher Day program will be held at St. Paul CME Church of Holly Springs on Sunday, April 17, at 12 noon, along with morning worship service. Pastor LaDaryl Odom and St. Mark MB Church of Collierville, Tenn., will be the guests. Sunday School will be held at 10:30 a.m. All ushers and friends are cordially invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, and Sis. Brenda Falkner, usher president.
• TWELVE TRIBES of Israel program will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Speaker will be Willie Hoey along with his church family. Everyone is invited.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Arthur Fitchpatrick and New Way of Living Church.
• FAMILY AND FRIEND’S DAY The Spirit of Life Church of God in Christ, Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will have their annual Family and Friends’ Day at 3 p.m. Pastor is Gunnette Joyner Sr.
• MUSIC PROGRAM Ashland United Methodist Charge will have a Sacred Music Festival on Palm Sunday, 3 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• Easter egg hunt Please join us on Saturday, April 23, at 4 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, located at 4993 Hwy 302 (Goodman Rd.), for a communitywide Easter egg hunt for kids up to sixth grade. Dinner will also be provided for children and adults. This event is absolutely free.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Tina Lee will be held at Mt. Zion Taska Church, 6 p.m., sponsored by Pastor Robert McClain and Pastor Ladary Odum. The public is invited.
• TWO DAYS OF CELEBRATION Emmanuel Baptist Church will have a celebration weekend, April 23-24. Saturday 2-5 p.m. with free entertainment, games for all ages, free food. Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School, 10:45 celebration service. The church is located at 945 Quinn Road.
• EASTER SUNRISE service will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church with Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. as host pastor.
• A Gospel Singing will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 N, Byhalia Road, 6 p.m. Special guests will be The One Way Quartet from Ethel and Beyond Measure from Walls. Wade Crum is pastor. The public is invited.
• HOMECOMING The New Hope M.B. Church will have their 47th Annual Homecoming Program at 2 p.m. Servant George Rayford and the New Community M.B. Church of Aurora, Ill., will be special guests.
• Flea market Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.) will host a community-wide flea market, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces will cost $10. Call 662-404-1899 for more info.
• MEADOWBROOK BAPTIST CHURCH, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, 662-838-6337 will have a benefit for Meadowbrook Mission Team’s trip to Honduras. There will be fish fry and cake auction. Entertainment will be provided by the Geeslin Brothers.
• MOTHER’S DAY GOSPEL EXPLOSION will be held at Jones Grove Missionary Baptist Church, 6 p.m. M.C. will be James Chambers of 1240 AM WAVN. Sponsors are Betty Raimey and Pastor John Powell. Several groups will perform.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page