Thursday, March 31, 2011
Calendar of Events
• MOVIE NIGHT Victory Church Movie Night, “Facing The Giants”, 7 p.m. There will be hamburgers, BBQ beans, chips and drinks. The church is located at 103 Lowry Dr. in the Byhalia Industrial Park. For more information contact Jim Ferguson at 901-487-8758 or Melvin Shackelford, pastor, 901-831-7623. Everyone is invited. Everyone is free.
• HONOR ROLL Recognition Program will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 405 South Maury Street, at 1 p.m.
• FUND-RAISER A Relay For Life Fund-raiser will be held at Carlisle’s Big Star, 11 a.m. until all gone. Chicken Wing Plates - $6 per plate. Includes your choice of plain, honey mustard, BBQ or mild wings, baked beans or fries, coleslaw, pink or purple cupcake, and a roll. Call in orders 662-252-1133.
• Singing There will be a gospel singing at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located a half mile south of Goodman on Cayce Rd, on April 2, at 7 p.m. The featured guests will be The Downs Family. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• First Annual Byhalia Alumni Basketball Tournament will be held April 2, 10 a.m. at the Byhalia High School gym. Admission $5, 3- years old and up. Entry fee per team of no more than eight players, $100. Deadline to register March 31. Registration forms can be picked up at the front desk at Byhalia High School. Trophies will be awarded to first and second place winners. Refreshments will be sold. Sponsored by BHS Athletic Booster Club.
• Red Banks Baptist Church hosts second annual Men’s Basketball Tournament. Registration at 10 a.m. Three-on-three, half court. Tickets are $10 per person. Ages 15 and up. For more information call Michael Clifton, 662-551-8007 or Jonathan Childress, 662-544-7051.
• LOVE BANQUET The Ark of Safety Ministries will host a Love Banquet honoring Pastor Bruce and Sis. Doris Williams at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Complex, 6 p.m. Donations $20.00.
• FISH FRY and yard sale will be held at Moore Store on Deer Creek Road, off Cayce Road, 12 noon. Event is sponsored by Faithful Few Club of Byhalia. Plates are $5.
• Choir day, New Faith Outreach Ministry, Sun., April 3, 2:30 p.m. Host pastor is Tracy Jeffries.
• revival Holly Hill Baptist Church in Holly Springs, April 3-6, starting at 7 p.m. nightly except on Sunday, April 3, will start at 5:30 p.m. Featuring Bro. Bobby McGillard and family from Shelbyville, Tenn. We would like for all to come and be blessed
• Usher program, St. Paul Church, April 3.
• Choir day Beverly Chapel CME Church, Sun., April 3, 2:30 p.m. All local choirs are welcome. Choir president is Martha Jeffries. If your choir is available, please call Pastor Rogers at 662 -816-5702.
• Super Sunday Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, April 3, all day, beginning at 7 a.m. with Sunday School. Preaching, praying, praising, singing, food, fellowship and fun, all day long!
• Revival Calvary Bapitst Church, Old Hwy. 78, Holly Springs, Sunday services 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., Mon., Tues., Wed., 7 p.m. Brian Malcolm will be preaching. Bro. Jerry Moore and congregation invite all.
• Annual members meeting 6:30 p.m. in the Marshal County Water Association office at 512 Wingo Road.
• Revival Youth and Young Adult Revival at St. Paul C.M.E. Church, Holly Springs (Lake Center), April 6-8, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Speakers are Minister Miloney Mitchell-Jenkins, Minister AlBroderick Neeley, and Bro. Maco Finley. Theme: “Our Youth, Our Future, Our Hope,” Jeremiah 29:11. All youth and young adults are invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor. Sponsored by BOCE.
• YOUTH REVIVAL Bell Grove Church, 853 Tyro Road, will have a youth revival, April 6-8, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be pastor Mario Moore of New Life Community Church.
• Spaghetti Supper, Saturday, April 9 from 5-7 p.m. in the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church. Donations will be appreciated for our special mission projects.
• Career Day Activities will be held at St. Paul CME Church, Holly Springs (Lake Center), Saturday, April 9, 10:30 a.m. Representatives from area colleges and universities, National Guard, EMS, law enforcement, medical and other professionals have been invited. Information on scholarships, ACT, resume-writing, etc. will be available, along with other activities. The public is invited. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor. Sponsored by BOCE.
• Autism Walk-a-thon Zeta Phi Beta Sorority youth auxiliary group will hold an Eyes Wide Open for Autism Awareness at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 North Memphis St., April 9, 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Come join the cause and walk for a cure.
• Memorial team roping Benton County AgriCenter, Ashland. Books open at 10; rope at 11. All ropings are four head, progressive. USTRC ratings will be used. Concessions and silent auction. Proceeds will go toward the Aaron German Memorial Scholarship Fund. For more information, call Laurie Baggett, 662-401-3940; Teresa Morton, 901-674-5096; Will Hancock, 662-292-1716; Mike Crockett, 662-501-0554.
• Youth Program Victoria Church of Christ, 192 Friendship Road, will have a Straight Talk Program, 10 a.m. The topic gang/bully/acohol/HIV/drugs/STDs. The speaker will be Bro. Willie Hampton. Everyone is invited. Minister is Bro. David Jackson.
• PASTOR AND WIFE Banquet will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Elton Hyman and New Hickory Hill Church.
• BANQUET The Pastor Aide Department and the family of New Dimension Ministry will be honoring Elder Actavatis and elect lady Zelma Allen with an appreciation banquet, 5 p.m. The climax will be held April 17 at 3 p.m. New Dimension Ministry is located at 565 Neely Ave., Holly Springs.
• Revival, Faith Baptist Church, Hickory Flat, April 10-13, 7 p.m. Sat. night singing at 6 p.m. Speakers will be Campers on Mission to Mississippi. Everyone invited. Pastor, Dr. Greg Thomas.
• NATIONAL LIBRARY WEEK will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 405 Maury Street, April 10-15.
• FRIENDS NIGHT The Silver Stars annual Friends Night Program will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church on Hwy. 178 East, Holly Springs, 7 p.m. Pastor is Rev. Patrick Bailey. MC will be Catherine Jefferson. Groups on program will be The Spiritual Wonders, The Faithful Few, The Anointed Spiritualettes, The Twilight Singers, The Great Wings of Joy, The Stars of Faith, The Gospel Travelers, The Harmoneers of Oxford, The Dynamic Angels .
•Annual Women Conference April 15-16, Annual Women’s Conference at Smith Grove MB Church, 5776 Smith Grove Rd., Holly Springs.
• STAR STUDENT FIELD TRIP will be held at Holly Springs Primary School, 405 S. Maury Street.
• GOLF TOURNAMENT to benefit the Summer Youth Missions Program of First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, will be held at 10 a.m. four-person scramble at Kirkwood. Cost $55 per person. Call the church office, 252-2627 to sign up. Hole sponsor deadline is April 1.
• Conference climax worship service, Smith Grove MB Church, 2:30 p.m. Guest speaker is Evangelist Bevelin Kneeland. Everyone is invited to attend. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Annual Usher Day program will be held at St. Paul CME Church of Holly Springs on Sunday, April 17, at 12 noon, along with morning worship service. Pastor LaDaryl Odom and St. Mark MB Church of Collierville, Tenn., will be the guests. Sunday School will be held at 10:30 a.m. All ushers and friends are cordially invited to attend. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor, and Sis. Brenda Falkner, usher president.
• TWELVE TRIBES of Israel program will be held at Free Branch M.B. Church, 11 a.m. Speaker will be Willie Hoey along with his church family. Everyone is invited.
• PASTOR AND WIFE’S ANNIVERSARY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Arthur Fitchpatrick and New Way of Living Church.
• Easter egg hunt Please join us on Saturday, April 23, at 4 p.m. at Brookside Baptist Church, located at 4993 Hwy 302 (Goodman Rd.), for a communitywide Easter egg hunt for kids up to sixth grade. Dinner will also be provided for children and adults. This event is absolutely free.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for Tina Lee will be held at Mt. Zion Taska Church, 6 p.m., sponsored by Pastor Robert McClain and Pastor Ladary Odum. The public is invited.
• TWO DAYS OF CELEBRATION Emmanuel Baptist Church will have a celebration weekend, April 23-24. Saturday 2-5 p.m. with free entertainment, games for all ages, free food. Sunday, 9:30 a.m. Sunday School, 10:45 celebration service. The church is located at 945 Quinn Road.
• EASTER SUNRISE service will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church with Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. as host pastor.
• Flea market Brookside Baptist Church, 4993 Hwy 302 (Goodman Rd.) will host a community wide flea market Sat., May 7, from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. Spaces will cost 10. Call 662-404-1899 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church, monthly singing, the second Saturday of each month; 5 p.m. fellowship, 6:15 singing. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• The Dulcimers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page