Thursday, March 17, 2011
Police go to lots of calls
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department responded to 96 calls for the week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
They included - disturbances, 14; assaults, 4; alarms, 9; accidents, 5; larcenies, 6; funerals, 2; 911 hang-ups, 4; burglaries, 3; trespassing, 3; shots fired, 2; domestic, 2; medical and assists to Marshall County Sheriff's office, 2; loud music, 1; and miscellaneous, 39.
Officers investigated the following reports.
Monday, March 7
• an auto burglary in the 300 block of Withers Street.
• a grand larceny in the 100 block of Rust Avenue.
• an alarm/burglary of a commercial building in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
Wednesday, March 9
• a burglary of a commercial building in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
• a missing juvenile report in the 200 block of MLK Drive. The juvenile's name was placed on the NCIC Amber Alert but returned home later that night.
• a report of contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street.
Thursday, March 10
• a missing juvenile in the 200 block of MLK Drive. The child's name was placed on Amber Alert.
• a petit larceny in the 200 block of Johnson Park.
• an attempted suicide in the 300 block of Salem Avenue.
• a simple assault with a weapon in the 300 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Friday, March 11
• an assault in the 300 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• a domestic violence in the 300 block of South Center Street. An arrest was made.
• a trespasser was reported dumping trash on private property on Wilson Avenue.
• an uttering forgery report in the 100 block of South Memphis Street.
• a petit larceny in the 300 block of Falconer Street.
Sunday, March 13
• a trespassing and attempted shoplifting in the 100 block of Spring Street.
• a report of joyriding in the 300 block of West Street. Vehicle was discovered when the juvenile was involved in an accident in the county.
• a racing and reckless driving in the Highway 7 South area. Two people were arrested.
Officers made one felony arrest. Andrew Campbell, 27, of 2200 block of Highway 178 West was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, Pearson said.
Officers reported the following activities – speeding, 1; disregard for traffic device, 1; reckless driving, 2; no/expired tag, 3; no proof of liability insurance, 6; other violations, 1; no driver's license, 1 arrest; simple assault, 1 arrest; contempt, 1 arrest; domestic assaults, 1 arrest; public drunk, 2 arrests; disturbance of the family, 1; reckless driving, 1; and disorderly conduct/reckless driving, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page