Thursday, March 10, 2011
City police respond to burglaries
Holly Springs police officers responded to 85 calls for the week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
They included – disturbances, 11; assaults, 3; alarms, 10; accidents, 2; larcenies, 1; auto theft, 2; funerals, 1; 911 hang ups, 3; burglaries, 1; welfare checks, 1; trespassing, 1; shots fired, 1; domestics, 2; auto burglary, 1, and miscellaneous, 44.
Officers responded to the following incident reports.
Monday, Feb. 28
• a vehicle was stolen in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• a disturbance was reported in the 1400 block of Highway 4 East.
Tuesday, March 1
• a wallet was missing and possible false pretense was reported in the area of 100 Rust Avenue.
• a disorderly conduct was reported and an arrest made in the 100 block of West Park Avenue.
• a shoplifting was reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Suspect was issued a summons to court.
• a malicious mischief was reported in the 900 block of Highway 7 North.
Wednesday, March 2
• a burglary of a commercial building was reported in the 200 block of East College Avenue.
• a family disturbance was reported in the 500 block of Swaney Drive. The matter was resolved on the scene.
• a domestic assault was reported in the 400 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Thursday, March 3
• a malicious mischief was reported in the 200 block of Clara Street.
• a burglary/credit card fraud was reported in the 100 block of Spring Street.
• a petit larceny was reported in the 800 block of Rising Star Road.
Friday, March 4
• a disturbance was reported in the 100 block Randall Street.
Saturday, March 5
• a wallet was reported lost in the 1400 block of Highway 4 East.
• a domestic violence report was followed by an arrest in the 200 block of West Woodward.
• a burglary was reported in the 200 block of West Woodward.
Sunday, March 6
• a burglary was reported in the 100 block of Spring Street.
• a domestic violence/simple assault was reported in the 200 block of Shelby Drive. Charges were filed.
One felony arrest was made. Stephanie Jefferson-Richards, 31, of 305 East Valley Street was arrested and charged with false pretense, according to Pearson.
Officers reported these additional citations or misdemeanors – speeding, 4; disregard for traffic device, 1; no/expired tag, 3; no proof of liability insurance, 4; other violations, 1; careless driving, 1; seatbelt violation, 1; child restraint, 2; no driver’s license, 1 arrest; driving while license suspended, 4 arrests; simple assault, 2 arrests; contempt, 6 arrests; disorderly conduct, 2 arrests; domestic assault, 2 arrests.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page