Thursday, January 6, 2011
Holly Springs police go to variety of calls, make drug arrest
Officers with the Holly Springs Police Department responded to 52 calls for the week ending January 2, according to chief Robert Pearson.
They included – disturbances, 6; assaults, 5; domestics, 4; stolen vehicle, theft, alarms, funerals, 2 each; robbery, vandalism, attempted burglary, loud music, accidents, shots fired, welfare check, 1 each; and miscellaneous, 22.
Officers filed the following incident reports:
Monday, Dec. 27
• credit card fraud reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Case referred to detectives.
• a disturbance in the 100 block of Memphis Street. An arrest was made.
• a stolen vehicle in the 400 block of West Street. Car was found to have been moved to shop for repairs.
• a burglary in the 300 block of Withers Street. No forced entry. Missing were shoes, Xbox, a DVD player and cologne. Case turned over to investigations.
• an armed robbery in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Suspect demanded victim’s money at gunpoint to the head and took $1,900. Case under investigation.
Tuesday, Dec. 28
• officers observed a crowd of about 200 people in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive. An arrest was made.
Wednesday, Dec 29
• domestic violence reported in the 100 block of Randall Drive. An arrest was made.
• an assault was reported in the 600 block of Salem Avenue. Case was turned over to investigations.
Friday, Dec. 31
• domestic violence reported in the 100 block of Randall Drive. Charges were filed.
Saturday, Jan. 1
• a report of disturbing the peace in the 500 block of North Memphis Street. Juvenile was taken into custody and later released to parent who chose not to press charges.
• officers attempted to stop a vehicle but driver refused to stop. Officer pursued the vehicle a short distance to a business parking lot where suspects jumped out of vehicle while it was still moving and ran into a residential area to evade officers.
Officers arrested Cassel Vaughn, 20, of the 450 block of West College Avenue and charged Vaughn with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute, Pearson said.
Officers reported these activities for the week – contempt, 1 arrest; no proof of liability insurance, 3; domestic violence/simple assault, 1 arrest; no driver’s license, 1 arrest; speeding, 1; reckless driving, 1; seatbelt violation, 1; no/expired tag, 3; sale of beer after 1:40 a.m, 1; resisting arrest and possession of paraphernalia, 1 arrest.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page