January 6, 2011
Calendar of Events
January 7, 2011
• MOVIE NIGHT Victory Church will have movie night with the John Hagee movie “Vanished,” at 7 p.m. Free hot dogs, chips, dip, and drinks for everyone. For more information call Jim Ferguson, 901-487-8758, or pastor, Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Installation service, Kimbrough Chapel Church, Sun., Jan. 9, 11 a.m. Rev. Jerry Williams and Reid’s Gift Church will be guests. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Spay/Neuter clinic Jan. 10, 17, 24. Call ahead for appointment to 662-564-2900. Please tell us on message that you wish an appointment for spay/neuter.
• Men’s Bible study Fellowship Baptist Church. All men are invited to Bible study each Monday night at 6:30 p.m.
• Prayer breakfast Community Temple Church, Sat., Jan. 15., 9 a.m. Guest speaker invited. Come join us, there will be good eating. Pastor Frank Moore, 662-851-0973.
• Mass choir concert Kimbrough Chapel Church, Sun., Jan. 16, featuring the Jones Chapel Mass Choir of Grand Junction, Tenn. and Special-T Singers from Senatobia. Host pastor, Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. Come and be blessed.
• King breakfast NAACP Marshall County Branch will sponsor the 26th annual Martin L. King Jr., birthday breakfast, 9 a.m., Mon., Jan. 17, at Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. The speaker is Rev. Rondais Cox of Mt. Peel Baptist Church, host. Breakfast is being donated by NAACP life member Billy R. Autry and will be prepared by church members. Motorcade immediately following service to M. L. King, Jr. Dr. and Memphis Street; the public is invited.
• Spay/Neuter clinic Jan. 17, 24. Call ahead for appointment to 662-564-2900. Please tell us on message that you wish an appointment for spay/neuter.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Helping Hand Club Davis Temple Outreach Ministry, the Helping Hand Club, 635 West St., will be giving away food to the needy on Sat., Jan. 22, 9-11 a.m. For more info. call Sis. Shawnee Paden at 662-333-6735 or pastor Robert Davis at 662-512-8514.
• Missionary program Hebron Chapel CME Church, 2827 Hernando Rd., Jan. 23, 3 p.m., hosted by church missionary Linda Mathis. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Marco Finey; guest speaker, Marjean Myatt.
• Spay/Neuter clinic Jan. 24. Call ahead for appointment to 662-564-2900. Please tell us on message that you wish an appointment for spay/neuter.
• MEMBERSHIP MEETING The Marshall County Fair Association membership meeting will be held at the fairgrounds at 7 p.m.
• New Church hours Starting Feb. 1, Finley Grove Sunday school will begin at 8:45 a.m. and regular morning worship will begin at 10 a.m. Pastor James C. Green.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• The Dulciemers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page