Thursday, March 4, 2010
Police make cocaine arrest
The Holly Springs Police Department reported the following activities for the week ending February 28.
• Fredrick Walker, 24, was arrested and charged with domestic violence in the 100 block of Greenbriar, according to chief Robert Pearson.
• officers investigated a report of a minor walking off campus in the area of Holly Springs Intermediate School on West Valley Street.
• Gloria Martin, 29, was arrested and charged with credit card fraud/forgery in the amount of $795.94, according to Pearson.
• a vehicle was vandalized on the Rust College campus with scratch marks and lewd language on the hood and trunk and marks on the roof and right and left side of car. The bumper was cracked around the license plate holder on the front bumper.
• a back right tire was punctured and a front bumper damaged at Alliance HealthCare.
• an assault was reported on West Valley.
• the bottom screen of a door was kicked out at a residence in the 100 block of Greenbriar.
• a cyberstalking/e-mail in the form of threats posted on Facebook was reported at Rust College.
• a child neglect was reported in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• a counterfeit $100 bill was discovered by a business in the 100 block of East Van Dorn.
• the theft of a cell phone valued at $280 was reported at the Holly Springs High School.
• a burglary/vandalism in the 300 block of Walthall was reported with nothing found missing.
• police investigated the embezzlement of $550 from a business located on Highway 7 South.
• two subjects were arrested after a pursuit when an officer observed suspicious behavior. Chief Pearson said Annquita R. Wright, 22, was arrested and charged with possession of crack cocaine with intent to deliver and Lakeith D. Jones, 33, was arrested and charged with felony failure to stop a motor vehicle when an officer signals and charged with DUI.
• a cell phone valued at $250 was reported stolen in the 1300 block of West Woodward Avenue.
Officers reported these additional activities for the week: speeding, 2; disregard for traffic device, 1; driving while licenses suspended, 4; reckless driving, 1; careless driving, 1; seatbelt violation, 1; no driver's license, 2; expired tag, 1; no proof of liability insurance, 4; DUI first, 1; and other violations, 3.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page