Thursday, February 25, 2010
Holly Springs police officers respond to burglaries, mischief, simple assaults
The Holly Springs Police Department reported the following activities for the week ending February 21.
• a report of domestic violence-simple assault in the 600 block of Highway 7 South.
• a burglary report in the 600 block of Highway 7 South. A Bible and $1,500 in cash were missing.
• a burglary report in the 200 block of West Street. Several articles of clothing, shoes and $250 were reported stolen. Entry was through the back door.
• a report of auto burglary in the 400 block of Craft Street. Three prescription medications were stolen.
• a petit larceny in the 100 block of Randolph Street.
• a report of simple assault in the 1000 block of Highway 4.
• a malicious mischief report in the Memphis Street area.
• a malicious mischief report in the 100 block of West Street.
• a burglary of a dwelling reported in the area of MLK Drive. Two legal documents were reported stolen.
• a vehicle burglary in the area of MLK Drive. A radio was damaged and a black box containing two 12-inch speakers and an 800-watt Sony amplifier were stolen. Entry was through passenger side door.
• a domestic violence-simple assault in the 200 block of Shelby Drive.
• a disturbance and malicious mischief report in the 400 block of Moss Avenue.
• four reports of possession of contraband in a correctional facility in the 800 block of West Street. Chief Robert Pearson said four people were arrested and charged with possession of contraband in a correctional facility – Latita Dora, 28, of Brooksville; Dorothy Dora, 46, of Brooksville; Rock Sand Gandy, 50, of Columbus; and Connie Dillon, 32, of Plantersville.
Officers reported these additional activities: no driver’s license, 2; driving while license suspended, 5; expired tag/no tag, 1; speeding, 4; disregard for traffic device, 1; no proof of insurance, 8; careless driving, 2; improper turn, 1; contempt of court, 5; domestic violence/simple assault, 2; simple assault, 1; telephone harassment, 2; child restraint violation, 1; and leaving the scene of an accident, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page