Thursday, February 11, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Meeting The
Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Fairgrounds,
6 p.m. Arbor Day trees project. Everyone interested in becoming a
member is invited to attend.
• Banquet Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a Valentine’s banquet, Sat., Feb. 13, 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Prayer breakfast Pre-Valentine prayer breakfast, Sat., Feb. 13, 9 a.m. Anderson Chapel CME Church fellowship hall. Rev. and Mrs. Rondias A. Cox will be speakers. Donation: $5.
• Fish fry Emory Independent Methodist Church’s annual St. Jude Benefit Fish Fry will be held at 5 p.m. We will be serving fish, hushpuppies, French fries, slaw and desserts. Entertainment will be given by “The Rewind Band.” Plates at $10 for adults, $5 for children (10 and under). All proceeds benefit St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
• Holy Cake Scripture program Free Branch MB Church, pastor J.L. Tunstall. Sat., Feb. 13, 6 p.m.
• Valentine Ball Kimbrough Chapel Church will have a Valentine’s Ball at 6 p.m.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host a singing with fellowship at 5 p.m. and singing at 6:15 p.m. Featured singers will be Heaven’s Highway.
• Valentine Ball Hopewell No. 1 MB Church, Sat., Feb. 13, 6:30 p.m. at Annie’s Banquet Hall, 198 N. Memphis St. Entertainment, games, prizes, food and fun. Pastor Leroy and first lady Henrietta James, honorees. For tickets or more info. call Etoyil Long, sponsor; Pat Boga, 901-292-0698; Mamie Byers, coordinators; or the church, 662-252-7784 and leave a message.
LOVE BANQUET Reid’s Gift Baptist Church will present their pastor,
Jerry Williams, with a Love Banquet at the Eddie Lee Smith
Multi-Purpose Building, 7 p.m. The colors will be red, white and gold.
The pastor aide committee is the sponsor. Carol Williams is the
• “Come As You Are” program at Pleasant Hill CME Church, Hwy. 72 at Mt. Pleasant, at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Jeffries and the Strawberry MB Church will be the guests. Rev. Willie Hoey and congregation invite everyone.
• Love/respect Conference Feb. 14, 6 p.m. at Faith Baptist Church, 3964 Hwy. 309, Byhalia. Give your marriage a Scripture-based foundation.
• Black history program Sunrise Chapter #166 Order of Eastern Star will have a black history program, Sun., Feb. 14, 2 p.m. at the Waterford Lodge Hall, Hwy. 310. Everyone is invited.
• Singing Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road will have a gospel singing featuring the Master’s Quartet. Sunday school, 9:45 a.m., worship service 11, lunch 12 noon to 1 p.m., singing to follow. Bro. Justin Haynes and congregation invite all to attend.
• PASTOR’S BIRTHDAY Mt. Pisgah on Cayce Road, will have their Black History Program celebrating the pastor’s birthday. Regular services begin at 11 a.m. with lunch following. The pastor is Eddie Joe Wilson.
BIBLE PROGRAM McIntyre MB Church, 88 McIntyre Church Road, will have
their 66 Books of the Bible Program, 2:30 p.m. Wilkins Chapel and Rev.
Odum will be guests. Pastor Robert Harrison invites everyone.
Pancake supper, Christ Episcopal Church, Shrove Tuesday, Feb. 16, 5-7
p.m., at the church. Adults $8 and $4 for children over 12; free for 12
• music workshop Smith Grove MB Church choir, Feb. 17-19, 6:30 p.m. nightly. Climax on Feb. 20 with a worship concert at 6:30 p.m. There is a fee. Call Sis. Darlean Dowdy, 662-252-5014 or Sis. LaTosha Pigues, 901-517-4224. W.C. Conner, pastor, Sis. Queen McClain, director of music ministries.
Ash Wednesday service The Mt. Comfort and Grays Chapel CME Churches of
Holly Springs will be hosting a joint Ash Wednesday service on Wed.,
Feb. 17, 7 p.m. Inspirational singing, words by Rev. Charlton Johnson,
and imposition of ashes will be held at Grays Chapel (3682 Hudsonville
Road). For more information, please call Pastor Kaylan Walker,
662-252-5815 or Pastor Charlton Johnson, 901-277-3628.
Marriage Seminar Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant on Thursday and
Friday, Feb. 18-19, 7:30 p.m. nightly. Thursday will be conducted by
Elder Curtis and Richenda Pritchard; and a special guest will be there
on Friday night. Everyone is invited.
EDUCATION MONTH HS Career and Technical Center celebrates Career and
Technical Education Month, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Everyone is invited to visit
the center and view the projects the students and instructors have
prepared. The theme is “Invest In Your Future.” Contact Kashia Dowden,
252-2071 for more information. Located on 410 East Falconer Ave.
• Wild game supper Spring Hill Baptist Church in Waterford will have their annual wild game supper, Sat., February 20, 6 p.m. Guest speaker will be Carl Graham. Door prizes. Free and everyone is invited. If you would like to prepare a wild game dish and enter it in the cook-off please join in the fun.
• Singing Clear Creek Baptist Church, Lamar, with Mike Devore. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited.
• MEETING Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• STEWARDESS/USHER WORKSHOP will be held at St. Paul C.M.E. Church, located 4957 Higdon Road, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited. Tony Wilkins is pastor.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM for the Byers Family
and the Roddrick Isom Memorial Scholarship Fund will be held at the Oak
Palace, 4 p.m. There will be local singers, choirs, and chorus groups.
Admission will be $10 adults; students with ID $3; and children under
10 free. Donations can be made at any local bank.
• Dedication service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a dedication service for the new church at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Irons and the Cornerstone COGIC of Collierville. Everyone is invited. Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr. is pastor.
• FIFTY State Drive Kimbrough Chapel Church will have their 50-State Drive at 11 a.m.
• BLACK HISTORY PROGRAM Providence M.B. Church, 295 Withers Avenue, will be celebrating Black History Month beginning at 10:45 a.m. Praise Team dancers, Providence Praise Team and Hopewell No. 2 Praise Team will be there. Call Sandra Hodges, 662-544-6929, or Pastor Alonzo Johnson, 662-252-9003.
• TWELVE TRIBES of Israel Program
will be held at True Vine MB Church, 525 West Street, 2 p.m. Rev.
Willie Hoey and Pleasant Hill CME Church will be the guests. Everyone
is cordially invited. Darrell E. Cunningham is pastor.
REVIVAL The Mt. Moriah Missionary Baptist Church, located at 3193
Marianna Road, under the leadership of Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, will be
having a “Kingdom Building Revival 2010,” Feb. 23-25, 7 p.m. nightly.
• FREE COMMUNITY MOVIE NIGHT will be held at Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant, 6 p.m. There will be a small fee for refreshments. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
HISTORY PROGRAM Ida B. Wells Museum will have an African American
History program at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building on Memphis
Street in Holly Springs, 9 a.m. The guest will be Mrs. Margina Graham
Parker, author of “I am Michelle Obama: The First Lady.”
NAACP MEETING at Asbury United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. All members
are invited to attend. For more information, call Al Beck at (662)
• Black history program Free Branch MB Church, Sun., Feb. 28, 2 p.m. Pastor, J.L. Tunstall.
• Black history program Kimbrough Chapel Church will have a black history program, at 11 a.m.
Black History Program---Bibleway Outreach Fellowship Sun.,Feb.28 @3:30 Bishop Renzil Barringer is Pastor, Everyone is invited!
• BENEFIT BBQ Winborn UMC will host a barbecue lunch at 11:30 a.m. The plate will be $7 and consist of barbecue, baked beans, slaw, dessert and drink. Carry-outs will be available. All proceeds benefit Tricia Kennedy Rooker’s daugther. Members have raffle tickets for a Remington 700 Mountain Rifle, 270 with Tasco scope, bolt action. Approx. worth $1,000. Tickets are $1. Call Rev. Brownie Tohill at 534-8114 for more info.
• ONE DAY REVIVAL The Mt. Sinai C.O.G.I.C. of Mt. Pleasant will have a One Day Revival for Annual Youth Day. Morning service 11 a.m.; evening service, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Walter Goodman Jr. of Sioux City, Iowa. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page