December 30, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Watch night Annual watch night service, Kimbrough Chapel Church, 10 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Watch Night Service Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, begins 7 p.m. Four different preachers will preach. Refreshments will be served. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor and congregation invite all to attend.
• WATCH NIGHT SERVICE at Clear Creek Baptist Church, 7 p.m., with The Williams Family from Wren as guests. Everyone is invited for food, fellowship and gospel music.
• New year’s singing with the Geeslin Brothers, Bett Baptist Church, 2665 Bett Rd., Bett., Dec. 31, supper at 5 p.m., singing at 7.
• Watch night service Providence MB Church, Dec. 31, 8:30 p.m. Many featured groups, choirs and male choruses. Everyone is invited. Pastor Alonzo Johnson, first lady Patricia Johnson.
• Watch Night Service New Hope Baptist Church, Hwy. 72, Slayden, Friday night Dec. 31, starting at 8 p.m. There will be no featured group, just local singers, whoever wants to sing and a fellowship supper halfway through the service. Bro. Billy Adair and congregation invite everyone to attend and help bring in the New Year.
• Watch Night Cornerstone Church of Christ, 4205 Cayce Rd., (Cayce and Goodman) will be having a Watch Night starting at 9 p.m., with refreshments, and games up to 12 midnight, when they will have a short devontional and end the year with singing and praying. For more info, you may call the minister, Brother Gary Young, at 901-258-6181.
• Watch Night Byhalia Church of Christ, 77 Algee St., Byhalia, will be hosting a Watch Night, starting at 9:30 p.m. with games, talks, singing and they close the year in a big prayer circle and pray the old year out and the new year in. A huge breakfast will be served before everyone goes home. For more info. call the minister, Brother Dwight Brownlee, at 901-337-5160.
• Watch night service New Dimension Ministry, Fri., Dec. 31, 9 p.m. Our new location is 565 Neely Ave., Holly Springs. Elder Actavatis A. Allen, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Watch night service Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, 9 p.m. There will be a time of prayer, food and fellowship, including singing, testifying, preaching and rejoicing. The Peppers will be the featured guest singers, with local singers participating. Also, Bro. Michael Sexton will preach and at midnight, the congregation will pray the old year out and the new year in. Everyone is invited.
• MOVIE NIGHT Victory Church will have movie night with the John Hagee movie “Vanished,” at 7 p.m. Free hot dogs, chips, dip, and drinks for everyone. For more information call Jim Ferguson, 901-487-8758, or pastor, Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park.
• King breakfast NAACP Marshall County Branch will sponsor the 26th annual Martin L. King Jr., birthday breakfast, 9 a.m., Mon., Jan. 17, at Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building. The speaker is Rev. Rondais Cox of Mt. Peel Baptist Church, host. Breakfast is being donated by NAACP life member Billy R. Autry and will be prepared by church members. Motorcade immediately following service to M.L. King, Jr. Dr. and Memphis Street; the public is invited.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group meets Monday nights at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship in Olive Branch and Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• Men’s Bible study All men are invited to Bible Study each Monday night at 6:30 p.m. at Fellowship Baptist Church, located three miles north of Byhalia on Byhalia Road. For more information call Wade Crum, pastor, 901-825-7166.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• The Dulciemers meet at the Marshall County Library 1 p.m. each second and fourth Thursday of the month.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page