February 4, 2010
Three arrested in Holly Springs
Holly Springs police officers and deputies with the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department served a search warrant on a North Memphis Street residence Friday.
They made three arrests in connection with drugs and/or stolen property, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Officers searched the residence and seized several handguns and more than one pound of marijuana, he said.
Taken into custody, Pearson said, were Octavia Crumb, 23, charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and with contempt of court; Jarvis Crumb, 25, charged with receiving and concealing stolen property and with convicted felon in possession of a firearm; and Darrell Finley, 27, charged with possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
The three posted bond and were subsequently released, Pearson said.
The following additional incidents were investigated by city police officers:
• a breaking and entering in the 100 block of Marbury Street January 25. Entry was through the back door and no items were missing.
• a burglary of a commercial building in the 100 block of East Gholson Avenue January 25. The alarm system was disengaged and a window was damaged. Nothing was missing.
• a domestic violence/simple assault report in the area of Westridge Boulevard January 25.
• the burglary of a dwelling in the 200 block of West Chulahoma Avenue January 25. A shotgun and Samsung 32-inch television were reported missing.
• two reports of shoplifters in the 100 block of College Avenue January 25.
• a report of a burglary of a residence in the 300 block of Cedar Hills Road January 26. A window pane was removed and one purse was stolen.
• a report of a shoplifter in the 100 block of College Avenue January 26.
• a report of disorderly conduct in the 100 block of Walthall Street January 27.
• a report of harassment in the 1000 block of Crescent Meadow Drive January 27.
• a report of burglary of a dwelling in the 100 block of West Gholson Ave. January 27. A rear kitchen window was shattered and a .40 caliber handgun was stolen.
• a grand larceny in the 200 block of Memphis Street January 27.
• telephone harassment in the 1400 block of Highway 311 January 28.
• reports of simple assault and petit larceny in the 100 block of Jarrott Street January 30.
• the arrest of Dontral Campbell, 28, of Holly Springs who was charged with aggravated assault and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
• the arrest of Dawan Malone, 25, of Byhalia, who was charged with receiving stolen property.
Other activities for the week included – speeding, 1; driving while license suspended, 2; disregard for traffic device, 3; no proof of insurance, 7; wreckless driving, 1; and contempt of court, 3.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page