Thursday, November 18, 2010
Several juveniles detained
Holly Springs police officers picked up six juveniles and took them before Youth Court Friday, according to chief Robert Pearson.
He said the judge issued an order to transport the juveniles to the Lee County Juvenile Detention Center, following an altercation Friday at the Holly Springs High School campus on North Walthall.
In an unrelated incident, officers arrested Aaron Collins, 33, of Memphis, Tenn., on charges of uttering forgery, Pearson said.
Officers took these additional reports.
Sunday, Nov. 7
• an incident of malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of North Maury. A fence and porch at a residence were damaged.
Monday, Nov. 8
• a person was charged with shoplifting in the 100 block of Mackie Drive.
• an incident of malicious mischief was reported in the 600 block of Woodland Heights. A door was damaged.
• an uttering forgery was reported and the complainant was arrested on a contempt warrant.
• a simple assault causing bodily injury was reported in the 200 block of West Valley. Charges were filed by the victim and an arrest is pending.
Tuesday, Nov. 9
• a simple assault causing bodily injury was reported in the Highway 7 South area. Charges were filed by the victim and an arrest is pending.
Wednesday, Nov. 10
• a simple assault was reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. Charges were filed following an investigation of the incident.
• a report of suspected child abuse was filed with the Holly Springs Police Department and Department of Human Services. Welfare checks were performed while DHS processed the paperwork and investigated the complaint.
Thursday, Nov. 11
• a simple assault was reported in the 100 block of Randall Drive. Charges were filed by the victim.
• a simple assault and altercation were reported in the 100 block of Walthall Street. Four juveniles were taken into custody and later released to their families.
• an attempted armed robbery was reported in the 400 block of Craft Street. The incident is under investigation at HSPD.
• a burglary of a residence was reported in the 400 block of Hill Street. Items taken from the residence included a 32-inch flat screen Emerson television, a 17-inch Hewlett Packard laptop computer, a Hewlett Packard wireless printer and an Xbox game system. Entry was made through a shattered window. Officers are investigating the burglary.
Friday, Nov. 12
• a simple assault was reported in the 100 block of Walthall Street. One adult and two juveniles were arrested.
• a petit larceny was reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive. A suspect was apprehended and a court date set. The suspect was banned from the store.
Officers reported these additional activities - arrests for contempt of court, 4; driving while licenses suspended, 1 arrest; no/expired/driver’s license, 2 arrests; no proof of liability insurance, 1; no/expired tag, 1; disregard for traffic device, 2; seatbelt violation, 2; simple assault, 1; and trespassing, 1.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page