November 4, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Hunter Safety Class Potts Camp High School on November 4-6. Thursday and Friday, 6 p.m., Saturday at 8 a.m. For more information and to register for class, call 662-563-6330.
• PTSA meeting Thurs., Nov. 4, 5:30 p.m. in the Holly Springs High School library. All parents, staff, students and friends are encouraged to attend.
• Children’s party A pizza, game party will be held Friday. November 5 in the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall for all children, ages 3 to 11 in the community. Time is 7-8:30 p.m. Come and enjoy a great time.
• Musical Pre-anniversary musical at Christ Temple COGIC, Fri., Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m. The public is cordially invited.
• Christmas bazaar DeSoto Hills Baptist Church, Southaven, Christmas Bazaar will be held 9 a.m.-7 p.m. on Nov. 5 and 8 a.m.-1 p.m. on Nov. 6.
• Movie night Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, pastor, Jerry Christian Jr., Fri., Nov. 5. Age 12 and under, 6 p.m.; age 13 and older, 8 p.m.
• Fellowship supper A chili etc. fellowship supper will be served on Sat., Nov. 6 from 5-7- p.m. in the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall. All are invited to come and have good food and fellowship with your friends and neighbors.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church in Cayce, Nov. 6, beginning at 7 p.m. Featured guests will be local singers, and pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, with The Fishers of Men, starting at 7 p.m., with meal at 6. Bro. Jimmy Curt, 662-837-1347.
• A fish fry will be held at the Legion Post #250, 450 Valley Street, Holly Springs, at 10 a.m. Plates are $8 a plate includes fish, spaghetti, slaw, dessert and bread. This is a fund-raiser for Norfleet-Reid-Garrett family reunion.
• Meet the Griz! The Memphis Grizzlies mascot, “Griz” will be at the Eddie Lee Smith Multi-Purpose Building Sat., Nov. 6 at 12 noon. Come meet Griz!
• Benefit program Union Valley Church, for James Street and Thelem DeBerry, Nov. 6, 6 p.m. Many groups and choirs are invited. Pastor, Joe Richmond.
• PROGRAM, Women in Hats, Men in Black, Reid’s Gift MB Church in Potts Camp, on November 7 at 9 a.m. Everyone is welcomed.
• Harvest day program Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Enyloe of Mt. Zion Church in Piperton will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Homecoming Nov. 7 at Holly Hill Baptist Church in Holly Springs. Bro. J.T. Baskin from Colt, Ark., will be preaching. Featured guest singers will be The Master’s Quartet from Booneville. Services will begin at 11 a.m., fellowship will follow and the singing will be after fellowship.
• Pastor and wife appreciation Christ Temple COGIC, honoring Supt. and Mrs. Albert Pass. Special guests will be Elder Robert L. Hamilton and Golden Gate Cathedral of New Albany. The public is cordially invited.
• First Sunday service Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Nov. 7, 9 a.m. prayer, 11 a.m. regular service. Located at 3877 Cayce Rd. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Harvest day Pleasant Hill CME Church, Nov. 7, 2:30 p.m. with Rev. Nylond of Mt. Zion in Piperton, Tenn., as the guest. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor.
• Pastor’s love month Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs. Family and friends of Pastor Harvey and Sis. Jeanette Garrison are invited.
• Bible study Men’s Bible study, Fellowship Baptist Church, 1593 Byhalia Rd. Every Monday night, 6:30 p.m.
• Free water color classes at the Potts Camp Library, Tuesday nights, Nov. 9, 16, 23 from 5 to 7 p.m. For more info. please contact Hilary at 662-333-9419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Revival, Nov. 10-12, Jones Grove MB Church with guest speaker Pastor Robert McClain of Rising Star MB Church and lecturer, Pastor John Powell.
• PTA meeting Thurs., Nov. 11, 5:30 p.m. in the Intermediate school library. The Intermediate School Parent Center will sponsor a Promethean Board training for parents immediately following the PTA meeting. Light snack will be served. For more info. call Beverly Phillips, 662-252-7733.
• Victory Church Youth Loc-In for ages 12 to 19, 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. All youth are invited. There will be food, games, movies and fun. The group One Heart will be singing. For more information contact: Kevin at 662-851-4372; Dustin at 901-828-8508 or Lindy at 901-826-8898. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Revival Sat., Nov. 13, Bountiful Blessings Ministries, Sat., Nov. 13, morning service, 10 a.m., evening service 7 p.m. Continues Sun., Nov. 14, at 10 a.m. with Apostle Mae L. Palmer. Church is located at 28 Tyro Rd., Holly Springs (Chulahoma.)
• Clothes closet Victory Church Clothes Closet is open every Saturday, 10 a.m. to 12 noon. All clothing is free. For questions or to make donations contact Bud at 662-551-6869. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Dr. Byhalia Industrial Park.
• PORTRAIT SESSION will be held at Pleasant Hill CME Church, 10 a.m. until. You may contact a member for information. Rev. Willie Hoey is pastor.
• Club meeting The W.T. Sims High School Class of 1967 Club will meet Nov. 13, 3 p.m. at Pizza Hut in Holly Springs. Important, please attend. James Alford, chairman.
• Concert Nov. 13, 6 p.m. at Rising Star MB Church, with several groups on the program. Pastor, Robert McClain.
• Benefit singing The Williams Family from Okolona and others will sing to benefit the Williams Family, due to sickness. Dinner is 4-6 p.m., barbecue plates and dessert. Singing starts at 6 p.m. Victory Church, 103 Lowry Dr., Byhalia. For more info. call Mae Garrison, 901-239-3318.
• Program Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs. Many speakers on program, beginning at 6 p.m.
• Special Sunday Singing, homecoming and old-fashioned day at Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd. Featured singers will be The Five Inspired. Sunday school starts at 9:45, singing at 11 and we’ll break for lunch at 12. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor, and congregation invite all to attend.
• Harvest day Free Branch M.B. Church will have Harvest Day, 11 a.m. The guests will be Pastor Rayborn and Liberty Hill Church family of Byhalia. Pastor J.L. Tunstall is host pastor.
• Anniversary The Silver Stars will celebrate their 42nd anniversary, Nov. 14, 6 p.m. at the Oak Palace. Emcee will be Pat Boga. Many groups are on the program. A donation is requested at the door.
• Pastor and wife’S love day New Faith Church, Sun., Nov. 14, 2 p.m., for Pastor Tracy and Evangelist Shreda Jeffries. Speaker will be Bishop Clinton Gipson of Memphis, Tenn.
• Anniversary Nov. 14, 2 p.m. the Luellen Gospel Singers will celebrate their 11th anniversary at Kimbrough Chapel Church.
• Guest speaker Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs. Pastor Nathaniel Lesure of Tabernacle of Prayer will be the guest.
• Free water color classes at the Potts Camp Library, Tuesday nights, Nov. 16, 23 from 5 to 7 p.m. For more info. please contact Hilary at 662-333-9419 or email@example.com.
• MEETING The Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, Gholson Avenue, Holly Springs, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Benefit Mt. Teamer CME Church is hosting a benefit program for Jarvis “Pete” Scott, 6 p.m. The church is located at 837 Musgray Road, Holly Springs.
• Appreciation service The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have an appreciation service for Minister Sammie and Sister Curtanya Smith, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Nathaniel Holleman and the St. Luke COGIC of Ashland. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Musical program For Mr. and Mrs. Harold Moncrief, Sun., Nov. 21, 6 p.m., at Jones Grove Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South. Many groups choirs and male choruses are invited. For more info. call Pastor John Powell, 901-299-8.32 or Betty Raimey, 662-278-9388.
• Pastor and wife love day Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs. Pastor Robert Garrison and McIntyre Church family will be guests, 3 p.m. Several other pastors and churches will also participate.
• Free water color classes at the Potts Camp Library Tuesday nights Nov. 23 from 5 to 7 p.m. For more info. please contact Hilary at 662-333-9419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Thanksgiving dinner True Vine MB Church invites everyone to join them for Thanksgiving dinner, 6:30 p.m. Rev. D. Cunningham is pastor and the church is located at 525 West St., Holly Springs.
• Thanksgiving day program Mt. Zion CME Church, Nov. 25, 11 a.m. Speaker for the day will be Rev. LaDaryl Odum of St. Marks Church, Collierville, Tenn. Mastor of ceremony will be Bro. Marcus Loveberry. Pastor, Eric Shields.
• Community Appreciation Service will be held at the Kimbrough Chapel M.B. Church, 6 p.m., for Lorine Raimey Bullard (a pillar of the community). The program is given by family and friends. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Rev. J.W. Smith Jr.
• Victory Church Clothes Closet is open every Saturday 10 a.m. to 12 noon. All clothing is free. For questions or to make donations contact Bud at 662-551-6869. Victory Church is located at 103 Lowry Dr., Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Singing The Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, mass choir will be having a night of song and praise, 6 p.m. There will also be guest choirs. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Guest church Pastor Rudy Benton of Believers in Faith will be guest at Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs, 11 a.m. service. For more info. call Shenika Gorman, 901-651-3991
• christmas home tour will be held in Holly Springs, December 4 and 5. Advanced tickets are $18 and $22 after Nov. 28. $15 for groups of 10 or more if purchased before Nov. 27. Go to www.visithollysprings.com or call 888-687-4765 for more information.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation. Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page