October 28, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Fall festival Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia. Booths available. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson is pastor.
• Haunted golf course, Kirkwood National, Oct. 28 and 31, 6:45-9 p.m. and from 6:45-10 p.m. on Oct. 29-30. Proceeds will benefit the Marshall Academy soccer team. There will be a concession stand, face painting and pumpkin painting. Haunted wagon ride (for a fee).
• Meeting The Marshall County Democratic Executive Committee will meet Thur., Oct. 29, 6 p.m. in Courtroom B.
• Haunted House Potts Camp will host a Haunted House Oct. 29 and 30, in the Volunteer Fire Department on Cardinal St., 6:30 p.m. The fire dept. is located behind the town hall. The public is invited.
• Fun fest Free for all! Prizes, games, surprises, food, lots of candy. Let’s have fun together! Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 MLK Dr. Oct. 29, 6-9 p.m.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM A benefit program for Dorothy J. Stigall, who needs a kidney transplant, will be held at Mt. Sinai M.B. Church, Mt. Zion Road at Matthews Corner, 5 p.m. All donations can be sent to Citizens Bank in Byhalia, or mailed to Mt. Sinai Church at P.O. Box 69, Byhalia, MS 38611, in care of Dorothy Stigall Kidney Transplant Fund.
• Basketball registration The W.A.D.E.Y youth group will hold registration for girls basketball, ages 6-12, and group registration for boys and girls, ages 8-16. We will accept applications and meet at the Victoria Community Center on October 30. For more info. please contact Erica “Tweety” Tunstall, 901-279-5812.
• fall festival at Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia, 5-7:30 p.m. Fun, games, prizes, food and fellowship. For more info. call Wanda Peyton, 662-851-4372.
• communitywide yard sale Sat., Oct. 30, from 6 a.m. to 12 noon. Brookside Baptist Church, at 4993 Hwy. 302 (Goodman Rd.), will host a communitywide yard sale. Spaces will cost $10 each. Call 662-404-1899 after 7 p.m. for more info.
• WATERFORD FALL FESTIVAL, sponsored by Spring Hill Baptist Church WMU, will be held beginning at 7 a.m. Events will be held at Hwy. 7 and Wilson Golden Road and at the Waterford Community Center. For more information contact Jim Robinson, 564-4084, or Rita Shaffer, 252-1700.
• Fall festival Clear Creek Baptist Church, Oct. 30, 3-8 p.m. Food, games and treats. Cake walk for adults. Bring a cake to participate. Hayride after. Everyone welcome.
• Hallelujah night Newell Chapel CME Church, 3085 Moore Road, Victoria, will be hosting their annual Hallelujah Night starting at 5 p.m. Lots of fun, games, prizes and food for the children. All kids are invited.
• Fall festival Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd., Sat., Oct. 30. Hamburgers and hot dogs at noon, followed by cake walk, banana eating contest, pumpkin carving, bouncing and more fun games. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor, and congregation, invite all.
• Trunk or treat Slayden Baptist Church, Oct. 30, 5:30-8 p.m. Food, hayride, bouncy, door prizes and much more. Please wear a non-scary costume.
• BARBECUE A benefit is planned beginning at 9 a.m. in the Farmers’ Market parking lot in Byhalia. This benefit is a fund-raiser to help pay final expenses for Samantha Tilley-Nunley who passed away recently. Barbecue plates will be sold for $7 per plate. Donations are welcomed.
• Fall festival Hillcrest Baptist Church, Warsaw, Oct. 30 from 3-7 p.m. Food, fun, prizes, fellowship and music for everyone. Bring your family. Bro. Jim Buchanan, pastor.
• Get out the Vote Rally Oct. 30, 4-6 p.m. at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 235 N. Memphis St. Candidates will be presented and given a brief opportunity to speak. State, county and local officials will be recognized.
• 2010 Women’s Conference St. Paul MB Church, Sat., Oct. 30, 9 a.m-2 p.m. Free and vendors are welcome. Brunch will be served. There will be many guest speakers. For more info. call 662-838-2841 or 901-692-7287.
• Homecoming Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual homecoming day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Leon Gaston and the Powerhouse COGIC of Batesville; and the Concord MB Church of Lamar. All family, friends and former members are invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard.
• Harvest Festival, hosted by the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God, will be held 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. The activities for this night are endless with carnival games, inflatables, challenges and so much more. We’re sure you’ll have a grand time. Admission for the evening is one bag of candy per child. Be sure to join us as we celebrate the bounty of the harvest.
• In concert Adolphus CME Church choir will be in concert, Sun., Oct. 31, 2 p.m., singing the old school songs. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Billy Williams.
• Hallelujah Praise night Mighty God Ministries, pastored by Marvin Brooks, Sun., Oct. 31, 2:30 p.m. Choirs, praise teams and praise dancers are invited! Guest speaker will be Pastor LaDaryl Odum, St. Mark MB Church, Collierville, Tenn. For more info. call 901-859-4151.
• All saints night will be sponsored by the youth and young adults at Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, Old Hwy. 4 West. Activities will include hayrides, Bingo for adults, movie, trunk or treat, face paintings, contests and refreshments. Bring the family, Sun., Oct. 31, 5 p.m.
• Pre-anniversary Sun., Oct. 31, 3 p.m. at Christ Temple COGIC. Guest speaker and church will be Elder Robert Earl Barber and Gospel Temple COGIC of Senatobia. The public is cordially invited.
• Fifth Sunday services Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, Oct. 31, regular worship services, 11 a.m., Family and Friends Day, 2:30 p.m. with Rev. Smith from Mt. Vernon Church and the Prayer Warriors as special guests. Refreshments served after the program. Everyone is invited. Rev. Robert Odum, pastor.
• Meeting The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 35 will meet at 7 p.m. on Nov. 1. All are called to attend. Dues are to be paid by Dec. 1.
• HOB NOB in park sponsored by the men of Powell Chapel Masonic Lodge No. 339. Nov. 1, at Sam Coopwood City Park, Candidates have been invited. Refreshments and fun for the entire family. For more info. call 662-551-0750.
• Revival Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, Tues. Nov. 2-Thurs., Nov. 4, 7 p.m. Guest church, Rev. Chris William and Mt. Sinai MB Church. Host pastor, Rev. Jerry Christian Jr. All are welcome.
• Free water color classes at the Potts Camp Library Tuesday nights Nov. 2, 9, 16, 23 from 5 to 7 p.m. For more info. please contact Hilary at 662-333-9419 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Meeting The Friends of the Marshall County Library will meet Tues., Nov. 2, at 11:30 a.m. for a meeting, and at 12 noon for a wonderful program with Mississippi author Dr. Mary Carol Miller and her new book, “Lost Mansions of Mississippi,” vol. 2. The public is welcome to the free program, and refreshments are served. So, go vote and then come to the library for a great program.
• Hunter Safety Class Potts Camp High School on November 4-6. Thursday and Friday, 6 p.m., Saturday at 8 a.m. For more information and to register for class, call 662-563-6330.
• Children’s party A pizza, game party will be held Friday. November 5 in the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall for all children, ages 3 to 11 in the community. Time is 7-8:30 p.m. Come and enjoy a great time.
• Musical Pre-anniversary musical at Christ Temple COGIC, Fri., Nov. 5, 7:30 p.m. The public is cordially invited.
• Fellowship supper A chili etc. fellowship supper will be served on Sat., Nov. 6 from 5-7- p.m. in the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall. All are invited to come and have good food and fellowship with your friends and neighbors.
• Singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church in Cayce, Nov. 6, beginning at 7 p.m. Featured guests will be local singers, and pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, with The Fishers of Men, starting at 7 p.m., with meal at 6. Bro. Jimmy Curt, 662-837-1347.
• PROGRAM, Women in Hats, Men in Black, Reid’s Gift MB Church in Potts Camp, on November 7 at 9 a.m. Everyone is welcomed.
• Harvest day program Pleasant Hill CME Church, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Enyloe of Mt. Zion Church in Piperton will be the guest speaker. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor.
• Homecoming Nov. 7 at Holly Hill Baptist Church in Holly Springs. Bro J.T. Baskin from Colt, Ark. will be preaching. Featured guest singers will be The Master’s Quartet from Booneville. Services will begin at 11 a.m., fellowship will follow and the singing will be after fellowship.
• Pastor and wife appreciation Christ Temple COGIC, honoring Supt. and Mrs. Albert Pass. Special guests will be Elder Robert L. Hamilton and Golden Gate Cathedral of New Albany. The public is cordially invited.
•Revival Sat., Nov. 13, Bountiful Blessings Ministries, Sat., Nov. 13, morning service, 10 a.m., evening service 7 p.m. Continues Sun., Nov. 14 at 10 a.m. with Apostle Mae L. Palmer. Church is located at 28 Tyro Rd., Holly Springs (Chulahoma.)
• Special Sunday Singing, homecoming and old-fashioned day at Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Rd. Featured singers will be The Five Inspired. Sunday school starts at 9:45, singing at 11 and we’ll break for lunch at 12. Bro Justin Haynes, pastor and congregation invite all to attend.
• Harvest day Free Branch M.B. Church will have Harvest Day, 11 a.m. The guests will be Pastor Rayborn and Liberty Hill Church family of Byhalia. Pastor J.L. Tunstall is host pastor.
• christmas home tour will be held in Holly Springs, December 4 and 5. Advanced tickets are $18 and $22 after Nov. 28. $15 for groups of 10 or more if purchased before Nov. 27. Go to www.visithollysprings.com or call 888-687-4765 for more information.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page