Thursday, October 14, 2010
City police respond to assaults, mischief
The Holly Springs Police Department reported 16 incidents for the week, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Sunday, Oct. 3
• an incident of domestic violence-simple assault was reported in the 300 block of SW Boundary.
• a house burglary was reported in the 100 block of E. Van Dorn Avenue. A 40-inch RCA flat-screen television was stolen.
• malicious mischief was reported in the 200 block of N. Memphis Street. An automobile was damaged.
• a home was burglarized in the 100 block of N. Chesterman Street. A 27-inch Sanyo flat-screen television and a gold ring with diamond were stolen.
Monday, Oct. 4
• an incident of domestic violence-simple assault was reported in the 200 block of NW Boundary.
Tuesday, Oct. 5
• an incident of fraud was reported in the 100 block of S. Memphis Street.
• shoplifting was reported in the 600 block of Salem Avenue.
• shoplifting was reported in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
• a home was burglarized in the 100 block of Shadow Lane. Damage was reported to a rug, several light fixtures, ceiling fans and the stove.
Wednesday, Oct. 6
• simple assault was reported in the 800 block of West Street.
Thursday, Oct. 7
• malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of North Maury. A fence was damaged.
Friday, Oct. 8
• malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of North Memphis. An automobile was damaged.
• aggravated assault with a deadly weapon was reported in the 100 block of W. Woodward Avenue.
• malicious mischief was reported at a residence in the 400 block of Moss Avenue. Two windows were shattered.
• a house burglary was reported in the 200 block of N. Walthall. Nothing was reported missing.
• a disturbance of the family peace was reported in the 200 block of Chatham Drive.
Officers reported these additional activities - speeding, 5; driving while license suspended, 6; no driver’s license/expired license, 3; following too closely, 1; no proof of insurance, 6; seatbelt violation, 1; passing loaded school bus, 1; domestic violence-simple assault, 2; possession of paraphernalia, 2; and contempt of court, 5.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page