October 14, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Rehearsal Community Christmas cantata rehearsal at Asbury United Methodist Church.
• Parent Seminar Mamie Byers, Parent Liaison will host a Parent Seminar at 6 p.m. on the new Promethean Boards that are being used in the classrooms this year. Parents are invited to come out to the seminar that will take place after the PTO Meeting.
• GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP sponsored by the North Mississippi Hospice meets 12 noon to 1 p.m. at Azalea Gardens in Oxford. A light lunch will be provided. For more info, call 662-234-0140 or 1-877-234-0140,
• GALA The Rev. Charlie E. and Cinderella S. Taylor Sr. Foundation (CCTaylor Foundation), a non-profit 501(c)3 organization will host a Gold and Silver Scholastic Gala, 6:30 p.m., at Whispering Woods Hotel, Olive Branch. Rep. Kelvin Buck will be guest speaker.
• Prayer rally A Public Square Prayer Rally will be held at the Marshall County Courthouse Square, Oct. 16, 12 noon. Parishioners of St. Joseph Catholic Church will join with 5,000 other similar groups across the country in a nationwide Rosary Crusade Prayer. Sponsored by the America Needs Fatima Organization to commemorate the 93rd anniversary of the 1917 Fatima apparitions and the Miracle of the Dancing Sun. For more info. call Kata Gysendorfer, 662-333-7585.
• Republican MEETING The Marshall Republican Club will meet, Sat., Oct. 16, 10 a.m. at the Marshall County Library in Holly Springs. The public is invited.
• CLOTHES SALE will be held at Holy Family School on West Street, 8 a.m.-12 noon.
• Brunch Sat., Oct. 16, 11:00 a.m. Christ New Beginnings MB Church will have a Fruit of the Spirit Brunch. The church is located at 440 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs. Pastor John Powell of Jones Groves and Pastor Arthur Fitzpatrick of New Way of Living will be guest speakers. Everyone is invited! Rev. Harvey L. Garrison, host pastor.
in concert Sat., Oct. 16, Clear Creek Baptist Church will feature
singer and songwriter Marvin Morrow of Cypress Inn, Tenn., in concert.
Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing follows at 7. Everyone is invited.
• Anniversary Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be celebrating their pastor and wife’s anniversary, Curtis and Richenda Pritchard, 2:30 p.m. Special guests will be Albert Pass and the Church Temple COGIC of Holly Springs. Everyone is invited.
• Founder’s Day Liberty Hill MB Church, southeast of Byhalia, 11 a.m. with special guests Pastor Joe Tunstall and Free Branch MB Church. Pastor Calvin Rayborn invites everyone.
• HOMECOMING Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Old Pigeon Roost Road, Byhalia, Sun., Oct. 17, at 10:30 a.m. Special guests will be the Tellestrial Family. Come join us for worship, song and lunch. No night service.
• PASTOR AND WIFE ANNIVERSARY will be held at Bibleway Outreach Fellowship of Byhalia, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Pastor Hoses Wright and Zion Hill Church of Senatobia, and a host of other guests. Everyone is invited.
• Usher meeting Mt Moriah District Usher Federation will be having their quarterly usher meeting on Sunday, October 17, 3 p.m. All ushers are asked to dress out. All church congregations are encouraged to attend. Rev. Henry Doss of Mt. Joy Baptist church will be guest speaker.
• Women’s day program Calvin Chapel United Methodist Church Women invite everyone to fellowship with them, Oct. 17, 3 p.m. Guest speaker will be Evangelist Jennie Boyd Jones of Mighty God Ministry in Victoria. Rev. Ed Moses, pastor; Sis. Barbara Jenkins, UMW president.
• Love day Mt. Teamer CME Church, Oct. 17, 3 p.m., sponsored by the Usher’s. Guest speaker will be Minister Mary Cole of Pleasant Grove CME Church, Coldwater. Everyone is invited. Rev. Willie Harper, pastor in charge.
• County Wide Revival Oct. 17-21, Anderson Chapel CME Church, 730 Martin Luther King Drive, Sunday night, October 17, 6 p. m., October 18-21, 7 p.m. nightly. Call 662-252-1938 if there are questions.
• State drive Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., with early service at 9 a.m., followed by State Drive at 2:30 p.m. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• AN HOUR OF POWER Healing and Deliverance Service will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries on south Red Banks Road, 3 p.m. The speaker is T.J. Johnson.
• Camp meeting Cornerstone Baptist Church, 1337 Hwy. 2, Hickory Flat, will host their 13th annual camp meeting, Oct. 17-20. Services 9 a.m. each morning, followed by lunch; evening services, 7 p.m. nightly, followed by supper. Several speakers and singers at each service. Everyone is invited. For more info. call Pastor Jimmy Wilbanks, 223-1222, cell, 223-0345.
• Musical workshop Finley Grove Church, Mon., Oct. 18-20, 6 p.m., nightly, followed by a concert, Sat., Oct. 23, 7 p.m., all under the leadership of Bro. Christopher Robinson. Everyone is invited. Pastor, James Green, choir president, Alma Dowdy.
• Bible class Hopewell #2 MB Church has Bible class every Monday evening from 7-8- p.m. Everyone invited.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Rehearsal Community Christmas cantata rehearsal at Asbury United Methodist Church.
• MEet the hawks The Holly Springs Jr. High School cheerleaders, Hawks and Lady Hawks basketball teams invite everyone to come out and meet the teams, Thurs., Oct. 21, 5:30 p.m. at the Intermediate School for a Black and Gold game.
• Haunted House Potts Camp will host a Haunted House Oct. 22-23 and 29 and 30, in the Volunteer Fire Department on Cardinal St., 6:30 p.m. The fire dept. is located behind the town hall, The public is invited.
• SIXTH Annual Fall Festival will be held at CrossPointe Christian Fellowship, 6400 Blocker St., Olive Branch, (next to the middle school) from 3-6 p.m. All games, activities, snacks and candy are free! Bring the family!
• Prayer Breakfast hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God will be held at 7:30 a.m. All men are invited to join in this event. For more information please call the Church Office at 662-838-4000.
• FALL FESTIVAL Potts Camp and Mary Reid will have their annual Fall Festival, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be a silent auction from 10 a.m. till 5 p.m.; a fish fry in the cafeteria from 4 p.m.-6 p.m., fun-filled games for the family and a raffle. Everyone is invited!
• In concert Sat., Oct. 23, 6 p.m. the Christ New Beginnings MB Church mass choir will be in concert. Everyone is invited! Rev. Harvey L. Garrison is host pastor.
• Meeting The Marshall County branch of the NAACP will hold a general membership meeting at Asbury United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. on Saturday, October 23. All members whose memberships are current as of April 1 may be nominated for office or as an at-large member of the executive committee.
• Early service Hopewell #2 MB Church will have their early Sunday morning worship service on the fourth Sunday of each month at 9:30 a.m. Everyone invited.
• Pastor’s anniversary Smith Grove MB Church, Sun., Oct. 24, 2 p.m. with Pastor Darryl Petties and Mt. Pisgah MB Church of Olive Branch as special guests. All are invited. W.C. Conner, host pastor.
• Revival The First Baptist Church of Mt. Pleasant will hold a revival October 24-27. Dr. Tommy Vinson will be the guest evangelist and Alex Calderon music director. Everyone is welcome. The nursery will be open. Services will be Sunday-Wednesday, 7 p.m.
• Lunch in the fellowship hall of the Victoria United Methodist Church, Victoria, following worship service. Service starts at 11 a.m. if you would like to attend service, or come and meet us at 12 and have lunch with us after service.
• Family and friends’ day True Vine MB Church, Sun., Oct. 24, 2 p.m., with guest speaker James Green and the Finley Grove Church family. Host pastor, Darrell Cunningham. Everyone is invited.
• Church anniversary Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will celebrate their 115th church anniversary, Sun., Oct. 24, 11 a.m. Guests will be Rev. Mark Bryson and Liberty Institutional Baptist Church. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Fall festival Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia. Booths available. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Haunted golf course, Kirkwood National, Oct. 28 and 31, 6:45-9 p.m. and from 6:45-10 p.m. on Oct. 29-30. Proceeds will benefit the Marshall Academy soccer team. There will be a concession stand, face painting and pumpkin painting. Haunted wagon ride (for a fee).
• Haunted House Potts Camp will host a Haunted House Oct. 29 and 30, in the Volunteer Fire Department on Cardinal St., 6:30 p.m. The fire dept. is located behind the town hall, The public is invited.
• BENEFIT PROGRAM A benefit program for Dorothy J. Stigall, who needs a kidney transplant, will be held at Mt. Sinai M.B. Church, Mt. Zion Road at Matthew’s Corner, 5 p.m. All donations can be sent to Citizens Bank in Byhalia, or mailed to Mt. Sinai Church at P.O. Box 69, Byhalia, MS 38611, in care of Dorothy Stigall Kidney Transplant Fund.
• Basketball registration The W.A.D.E.Y youth group will hold registration for girls’ basketball, ages 6-12, and group registratiaon for boys and girls, ages 8-16. We will accept applications and meet at the Victoria community center on October 30. For more info. please contact Erica “Tweety” Tunstall, 901-279-5812.
• fall festival at Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia, 5-7:30 p.m. Fun, games, prizes, food and fellowship. For more info. call Wanda Peyton, 662-851-4372.
• Homecoming Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual homecoming day at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Leon Gaston and the Powerhouse COGIC of Batesville; and the Concord MB Church of Lamar. All family, friends and former members are invited. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard.
• Harvest Festival hosted by the Children’s Super Church of Friendship Assembly of God will be held 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. The activities for this night are endless with carnival games, inflatable’s, challenges and so much more we’re sure you’ll have a grand time. Admission for the evening is one bag of candy per child. Be sure to join us as we celebrate the bounty of the harvest.
• In concert Adolphus CME Church choir will be in concert, Sun., Oct. 31, 2 p.m., singing the old school songs. Everyone is invited. Pastor, Billy Williams.
• Children’s party A pizza, game party will be held Friday. November 5 in the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall for all children, ages 3 to 11 in the community. Time is 7-8:30 p.m. Come and enjoy a great time.
• Fellowship supper A chili etc. fellowship supper will be served on Sat., Nov. 6 from 5-7- p.m. in the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall. All are invited to come and have good food and fellowship with your friends and neighbors.
• PROGRAM, Women in Hats, Men in Black, Reid’s Gift MB Church in Potts Camp, on November 7 at 9 a.m. Everyone is welcomed.
• christmas home tour will be held in Holly Springs, December 4 and 5. Advanced tickets are $18 and $22 after Nov. 28. $15 for groups of 10 or more if purchased before Nov. 27. Go to www.visithollysprings.com or call 888-687-4765 for more information.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If you have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page