September 23, 2010
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL Bibleway Outreach Fellowship on Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will be having a three-night revival beginning Wednesday through Friday, 7:30 nightly. Our guest speaker will be Bishop Ferrell of Greensboro, NC. Pastor is Bishop Renzil Barringer.
• Revival Community Temple, Sept. 22-24, located off Mt. Zion Road, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker will be T.J. Johnson from Memphis. Come fellowship with us. Call Pastor Frank Moore at 851-0973 for more information.
• YOUTH TRAINING SESSION will be held at Mt. Teamer, located on Musgray Road, 6:30 p.m. The speaker will be Fannie Lampley.
• Relay for Life The American Cancer Society Marshall County Relay For Life will meet Thursday, Sept 23, at 5:15 p.m. at the Marshall County Library.
• Workshop North MS Rural Legal Services will hold a housing and bankruptcy workshop, Thurs., Sept. 23, 1-3 p.m. at City Hall, Holly Springs. For more info. contact Cherri Green at 800-959-6752, ext. 2919.
• Friday Night Fight, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., is host pastor.
• Singing Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant, will have “A Night of Song and Praise,” 6 p.m. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Dunlap Family Reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Potluck dinner. Everyone welcome.
• Musician’s Appreciation Yarbrough Chapel CME Church located on Old Highway 4 West, will be hosting their Musician’s Appreciation Program Saturday, September 25, at 6:30 p.m. Fish sandwiches will be sold.
• NAACP Marshall County Branch will hold a general membership meeting at Asbury United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. on Sat., Sept. 25. There will be an election of the nominating committee for the purpose of election of officers and at-large members of the executive committee. All members whose memberships are current as of 30 days prior to the meeting date may be elected to the nominating committee.
• Singing, Rice Chapel United Methodist Church featuring the Geeslin Brothers. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing follows at 7. Everyone is invited. Rev. Waldon Myers, pastor.
• Fish fry Sept. 25, 5 p.m. until, First Baptist Church in Potts Camp with proceeds going to the Chainsaw Disaster Relief Team.
• Fall Festival, Jones Grove MB Church family, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, 1 p.m. until. Emcee will be Tyrone Smith, with many guests on the program, including Jones Grove pastor, John Powell and Joe Powell. Bouncer, horseback rides, four-wheeler rides. Fun for all. For more info. call pastor John Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Family Fun day St. Paul CME Church, in Lake Center, will host a Family Fun Day on Saturday, September 25, starting at 10 a.m. Lots of fun, food, games, and prizes. Everyone is invited to come and share. Sponsored by the youth department. Contact Deneen Gray or Melanie Hankins for more info. Rev. Tony Wilkins, pastor.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, featuring local singers and congregational singing for everyone, with guest singers participating. Everyone is invited, 7 p.m.
• Program Finley Grove Women will have their first Holy Cake Program, 10 a.m. The public is invited.
• Sunday School Promotion Day, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 9 a.m. Join us in celebrating Christian education and growth. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• Homecoming First Southern Baptist Church, in Victoria, Sept. 26. Everyone welcome. Guest singers and lunch served after morning service.
• Dedication service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a continuation of dedication service at 4 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Hamilton and the Golden Gate Cathedral COGIC of New Albany. Pastor Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites all.
• Love Day Free Branch MB Church will have Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, 2 p.m. The speaker will be Pastor Goliday along with the Clear Creek Church family. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• Picnic St. Joseph Parish Picnic will be held at Chewalla Lake, Sept. 26, beginning at 12 noon.
• Missionary day Christ Temple COGIC, 3 p.m., Sept. 26, with special guests Pastor Gunnette Joyner and the Spirit of Life COGIC from Byhalia. Church is located at 210 W. Park Ave., Holly Springs. Supt. Albert Pass, host pastor.
• REVIVAL First Baptist Church, Holly Springs, revival will be Sept. 26-29, featuring messages and music led by Sammy Nuckolls and Blake Krumalis. Sunday morning, 10:15 a.m., evening 6:30 p.m., Monday-Wednesday, 7 p.m.
• Gospel meeting Hernando Road Church of Christ, Sun., Sept. 26, with John Shannon of the James Road Church of Christ in Memphis, Tenn., as speaker. Everyone is invited.
• Women’s Day Finley Grove Women will be celebrating their annual Women’s Day program, 2:30 p.m. The guest speaker will be Anitha Keith of Jones Chapel and the Jones Chapel Church family. The public is invited.
• Men and Women’s Day Smith Grove MB Church, 2 p.m., with pastor Jerry Williams and Reid’s Gift MB Church family as guests. All are invited. W.C. Conner, pastor. Wavor Harris and Elizabeth King, sponsors.
• CUB SCOUT MEETING Cub Scout Pack 348 of Mt. Pleasant will meet at the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church, 6 p.m. For more information contact cubmaster, 851-3355; mobile 901-277-3141.
• Youth Revival Sept. 27-29, Mt. Teamer CME Church, Old Hwy. 78 and Musgray, 7 p.m. nightly. All youth are invited.
• FISH FRY Cayce Fire Department Fish Fry will be held 5-7 p.m., 30 Lee Creek Road. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew will be preparing the fish. Tickets can be purchased from any member or A-1 Small Engines, Gossett Motors or at the door. For more information call 851-7634 or 851-7394.
• CLASS REUNION Classes of 1961 and 1962 of W.T. Sims High School will be held October 1 at the home of Mary Scales; Oct. 2 at Promise Land; and Oct. 3 at Wall Doxey. For more information call 662-252-2136 or 252-1303.
• Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Rd., half a mile south of Goodman, on October 2 at 12 noon. Featured guests are the Williams Family and many more. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• ANNUAL GOSPEL FALL FESTIVAL will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church, 11 a.m. until. Good food, fun, games and spiritual singing will be held. For more information, call Sis. Paula Byers at 662-551-1060. Rev. Patrick Bailey is pastor.
• Benefit for Bro. Frank and Peggy Feathers will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, beginning at 6 p.m. Featured singers will be The Thomas Family from Holly Springs and Barbara Overbey from Memphis, Tenn. For more information call Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Pastor Wade Crum, 901-825-7166. A love offering will be taken. Donations of new household items will be accepted and greatly appreciated.
• FUNDAY The First District of the Order of the Eastern Star is having their annual ESTARL funday at the Northwest Shrine Bldg. on Hwy. 51 in Coldwater from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Booths and yard sale items. All funds raised go to ESTARL which gives scholarships to students who are going into the religious service. Lunch, 12 noon; $5 for adults and $3 for children under 10 years of age. Everyone is welcome.
• REUNION McClure-Teesler family reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Bring a dish and come out and join us.
• Spaghetti Supper Fundraiser at Red Banks United Methodist Church, located across from Red Banks Post Office on Yarbrough Loop. Serving spaghetti with meat sauce, slaw, garlic bread and beverage for $6 per plate from 5-7 p.m. For more info., contact 662-610-5381.
• Flea market Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a Fall Flea Market. Vendors’ booths are available. All booths should be purchased by Saturday, Sept. 25. Call Jorina Pritchard, 662-851-3323, for more details. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Singing Sat., Oct. 2, Saving Grace will be at Chewalla Baptist Church. Meal at 6 p.m., singing at 7. For more info. call Bro. Jimmy Curl, 662-837-1347.
• First Sunday Fest Oct. 3, fall arts and crafts fest at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, beginning at 7 a.m. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• HOMECOMING/REVIVAL Hillcrest Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 S at Warsaw, will have an Old Fashioned Homecoming and Revival, Oct. 3-8. Services will be Sunday 9:45 and 11 a.m. with lunch and fellowship following. Mon.-Fri., 6:30 p.m. Jim Buchanan, pastor, invites everyone.
• Family and Friends Day Greenfield Presbyterian Church, Waterford, Fellowship hour after the morning service; program is at 3 p.m. Speaker is Olivia Uwamahoro. Everyone is invited.
• Anniversary celebration Pastor S.A. Phillips and wife Linzell will celebrate 45 years of faithful service at Pleasant Grove MB Church in Red Banks, 1:30 p.m. Guest speaker, Pastor B.F. Abram and his church, New Bethel from Memphis, Tenn.
• Meeting The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 35 will meet at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4. All are urged to attend.
• Bible study class, Believers Baptist Church, 300 Fant Ave., Holly Springs. Thurs. nights, 7 p.m., beginning Oct. 7. Everyone is invited.
• Homecoming Carey Chapel Baptist Church. Bro. Carl Teel will be our speaker. The Harvest Festival has been joined with Homecoming to make for an outside casual day. After the 11 a.m. worship service, weather permitting, everything will be outside. Noon, dinner on the grounds; at 1 p.m. music from several different groups, and games for adults and children. Something for everyone.
• CUB SCOUT MEETING Cub Scout Pack 348 of Mt. Pleasant will meet at the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church, 6 p.m. For more information contact, cubmaster, 851-3355; mobile 901-277-3141.
• GALA The Rev. Charlie E. and Cinderella S. Taylor Sr. Foundation (CCTaylor Foundation), a non-profit 501(c)3 organization will host a Gold and Silver Scholastic Gala, 6:30 p.m., at Whispering Woods Hotel, Olive Branch. Rep. Kelvin Buck will be guest speaker.
• Fall festival Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia. Booths available. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page