September 16, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Revival, Sept. 15-19, Apostolic Church of Jesus, 178 Stonewall Rd., Byhalia. Evangelist Bobby Carter from Clarksdale will be speaker. Services on the 15-17 at 7:30 p.m.; 18, 10 a.m.; and the 19 at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Carter will lead a youth conference on the 17. Pastor Garland Loveless and congregation invite everyone. For more info. call 901-870-1934.
• Annual Fall Festival, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Rides, games, food, singing, fun, and relaxation. Everyone is invited. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• CONCERT Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a singing featuring the Cross City Quartet from Corinth. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m.
• Youth conference Mt. Moriah MB Church, Sat., Sept. 18, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. with several presenters. Reg. fee includes morning snack and light lunch. For more info. call Evangelist Milony Jenkins, 901--797-8216, or the pastor, Rev. R.J. Wilson, 662-252-7359.
• Men’s Breakfast Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park, will have a Men’s Fellowship Breakfast, 8 a.m. For more information call Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623.
• REPUBLICAN CLUB The Marshall County Republican Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 10 a.m. Everyone is invited to attend.
• CHURCH PICNIC Bibleway Outreach Fellowship on Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will be having their annual church picnic beginning at 12 noon. This event is open to the surrounding communities. Pastor is Bishop Renzil Barringer.
• Benefit spaghetti supper and singing will be held at Early Grove Methodist Church. Supper will be served at 6 p.m. with the singing to follow. Proceeds will benefit the Wayne Avent Family.
• One time mass change Sept. 18, the Vigil Mass will begin at 7 p.m. at St. Joseph Catholic Church.
• YOUTH PROGRAM Christ Temple Church youth dept. presents a night of power and praise, Sept. 18, 6 p.m. with many guests on the program. Everyone is invited. Christ Temple COGIC, 210 W. Park Ave., Holly Springs. Supt. Albert Pass, host pastor.
• Homecoming, Macedonia Baptist Church, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. The Macedonia Praise Team will be performing. Service will be followed with fellowship and a buffet.
• MUSICIAN’S APPRECIATION Rising Star M.B. Church invites all choirs, groups, choruses to come join them in this singing program, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites all. For more information call Florida Manning, 662-252-7493 or 544-6139.
• Men and Women’s Day Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, with morning service at 10:45 a.m. and program at 2 p.m. Speaker will be Rev. L.G. Bogard of Shiloh MB Church in Ashland. Everyone is invited.
• Regular service and Sunday school, Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor. Mt. Pisgah CME, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia.
• Women’s Day program, Sept. 19, 3 p.m. Rev. Frenchye Magee, chaplain at Rust College, is the speaker. Theme is “Faith, Hope, Love in Action.” Rev. Edward Charles Moses, pastor.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• REVIVAL Bibleway Outreach Fellowship on Hwy. 178 in Byhalia, will be having a three-night revival beginning Wednesday through Friday, 7:30 nightly. Our guest speaker will be Bishop Ferrell of Greensboro, NC. Pastor is Bishop Renzil Barringer.
• Friday Night Fight, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• Dunlap Family Reunion will be held at Wall Doxey State Park, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Potluck dinner. Everyone welcome.
• Musician’s Appreciation Yarbrough Chapel CME Church, located on Old Highway 4 West, will be hosting their Musician’s Appreciation Program Saturday, September 25, at 6:30 p.m. Fish sandwiches will be sold.
• NAACP Marshall County Branch will hold a general membership meeting at Asbury United Methodist Church, 10 a.m. on Sat., Sept. 25. There will be an election of the nominating committee for the purpose of election of officers and at-large members of the executive committee. All members whose memberships are current as of 30 days prior to the meeting date may be elected to the nominating committee.
• Singing at Rice Chapel United Methodist Church featuring the Geeslin Brothers. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing follows at 7. Everyone is invited. Rev. Waldon Myers is pastor.
• Fish fry Sept. 25, 5 p.m. until, First Baptist Church in Potts Camp with proceeds going to the Chainsaw Disaster Relief Team.
• Fall Festival, Jones Grove MB Church family, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, 1 p.m. until. Emcee will be Tyrone Smith, with many guests on the program, including Jones Grove pastor, John Powell and Joe Powell. Bouncer, horseback rides, four-wheeler rides. Fun for all. For more info. call pastor John Powell, 901-299-8032.
• Sunday School Promotion Day, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 9 a.m. Join us in celebrating Christian education and growth. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• Homecoming First Southern Baptist Church, in Victoria, Sept. 26. Everyone is welcome. Guest singers and lunch served after morning service.
• Dedication service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a continuation of dedication service at 4 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Hamilton and the Golden Gate Cathedral COGIC of New Albany. Pastor Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites all.
• Love Day Free Branch MB Church will have Pastor and Wife’s Love Day, 2 p.m. The speaker will be Pastor Goliday along with the Clear Creek Church family. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• Picnic St. Joseph Parish Picnic will be held at Chewalla Lake, Sept. 26, beginning at 12 noon.
• Missionary day Christ Temple COGIC, 3 p.m., Sept. 26, with special guests Pastor Gunnette Joyner and the Spirit of Life COGIC from Byhalia. Church is located at 210 W. Park Ave., Holly Springs. Supt. Albert Pass is host pastor.
• CUB SCOUT MEETING Cub Scout Pack 348 of Mt. Pleasant will meet at the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church, 6 p.m. For more information contact cubmaster, 851-3355; mobile 901-277-3141.
• FISH FRY Cayce Fire Department Fish Fry will be held 5-7 p.m., 30 Lee Creek Road. Sheriff Kenny Dickerson and crew will be preparing the fish. Tickets can be purchased from any member or A-1 Small Engines, Gossett Motors or at the door. For more information call 851-7634 or 851-7394.
• Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Rd., half a mile south of Goodman, on October 2 at 12 noon. Featured guests are the Williams Family and many more. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• ANNUAL GOSPEL FALL FESTIVAL will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church, 11 a.m. until. Good food, fun, games and spiritual singing will be held. For more information, call Sis. Paula Byers at 662-551-1060. Rev. Patrick Bailey is pastor.
• Benefit for Bro. Frank and Peggy Feathers will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, beginning at 6 p.m. Featured singers will be The Thomas Family from Holly Springs and Barbara Overbey from Memphis, Tenn. For more information call Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Pastor Wade Crum, 901-825-7166. A love offering will be taken. Donations of new household items will be accepted and greatly appreciated.
• FUNDAY The First District of the Order of the Eastern Star is having their annual ESTARL Funday at the Northwest Shrine Bldg. on Hwy. 51 in Coldwater from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. There will be a Take-a-Chance Booth, a Country Store, This, That and More Booth and yard sale items. All funds raised go to ESTARL, which gives scholarships to students who are going into the religious service.
• First Sunday Fest Oct. 3, fall arts and crafts fest at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, beginning at 7 a.m. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Meeting The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 35 will meet at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4. All are urged to attend.
• CUB SCOUT MEETING Cub Scout Pack 348 of Mt. Pleasant will meet at the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church, 6 p.m. For more information contact, cubmaster, 851-3355; mobile 901-277-3141.
• GALA The Rev. Charlie E. and Cinderella S. Taylor Sr. Foundation (CCTaylor Foundation), a non-profit 501(c)3 organization will host a Gold and Silver Scholastic Gala, 6:30 p.m., at Whispering Woods Hotel, Olive Branch. Rep. Kelvin Buck will be guest speaker.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page