Thursday, September 9, 2010
Police investigate mischief, more
The Holly Springs Police Department responded to several calls concerning mischief and assault last week.
Chief Robert Pearson released the following incident report.
Sunday, Aug. 29
• Malicious mischief in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. Damage was done to an automobile.
• Prescription forgery in the 100 block of Van Dorn Avenue.
Wednesday, Sept. 1
• Malicious mischief in the 100 block of Phillips. An automobile was damaged.
Thursday, Sept. 2
• Petit larceny in the 100 block of Market Street. A license plate was stolen.
• Malicious mischief in the 100 block of West Park. Windows of a residence were shattered.
Friday, Sept. 3
• Simple assault in the 600 block of Hwy. 7 South.
• Disorderly conduct in the 200 block of Walthall.
• Stalking in the 900 block of Mackie Drive.
Saturday, Sept. 4
• Simple assault in the 1100 block of Hwy. 178 East.
• Domestic violence-simple assault in the 400 block of Chesterman.
• Threats being made in the 500 block of Hudsonville Road.
Officers also made two felony arrests last week.
Demetria Cowan, 41, of the 100 block of West Park Ave., and Montea Lawson, 26, of the 200 block of S. Chesterman, were arrested and charged with domestic violence, according to Chief Pearson.
Officers responded to the following actions last week – speeding, 6; no/expired driver’s license, 2; disregard for traffic device, 1; reckless driving, 1; simple assault, 1; domestic violence-simple assault, 2; disorderly conduct, 2; public drunk, 2; contempt of court, 5.
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page