September 9, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the Marshall County Library, 6 p.m.
• Program The faculty and students at the Primary School will honor their grandparents with a program Friday, September 10, 1 p.m. All grandparents are invited to attend.
• Rummage sale, sponsored by the Watson Fire Dept., Fri., Sept. 10, and Sat., Sept.11, 8 a.m. til 2 p.m. We are still in the same place, 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept, at the old Watson Saddle Club. All the clothing you can stuff in a 55-gal. bag, $5; 13-gal. bag, $2. Plus regular “stuff.”
•Women’s Weekend Christ New Beginning Church, 440 MLK Dr., Holly Springs, pastored by Harvey Garrison. Fri., Sept. 10, 7 p.m. with several guest speakers. Reg. is from 6:15-7 p.m.
• 4-H display The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will have a display on the courthouse lawn, with art and craft items made by 4-H members, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
• Sunday School Night, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Guest teachers from various area churches. Public is invited. Rev. J.W. Smith, Jr., is host pastor.
• Barbecue dinner The Victoria Fire Department will be hosting a barbecue dinner beginning at 11 a.m. Dine in or carry out. Plates consist of barbecue, slaw, beans, fries and bun. Sandwiches, drinks and desserts will also be available.
• Senior Choir Day, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 2 p.m.
All area choirs invited to participate. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Musical program Sun., Sept. 12, 6 p.m. at Mt. Teamer Church. Everyone is invited.
• Program A men, women and wives program will be held at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Sept. 12, 2:30 p.m. Regular services will be at 11 a.m.
• Women’s Day Isaac Chapel CME Church Family will have annual Women’s Day at 2:30 p.m. Rev. Juanita Booker from Vaiden Haven United Methodist Church will be the speaker. Rev. Willie Ward is pastor. Local choirs are invited to sing.
• Revival, at Meadowbrook Baptist Church, 3115 Pigeon Roost Road, featuring the Sammy Glass Family, 6 p.m., and Monday through Wednesday, 7 p.m.
• Pre-service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a Pre-anniversary Service at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Gurnette Joyner and The Spirit of Life COGIC of Victoria. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Women’s Day program Christ New Beginning Church, Sun., Sept. 12, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Equator Benton and Believers in Faith will be celebrating with us.
• HUNTER SAFETY CLASS will be held Sept. 13, 14, 15, 6:30 p.m.-10 p.m. at the Byhalia High School Library, Hwy. 309 N in Byhalia. Must be at least 10 years of age and bring Social Security number. For more information and to register for class call 662-563-6330.
• Benefit barbecue for Jarvis “Pete” Scott, Tues., Sept. 14 at the Eddie L. Smith Multi-Purpose Building, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Pulled pork plate, cooked by Sheriff Kenny Dickerson. Sponsored by Strawberry MB Church and Monet Autry. For more info. call Autry at 662-544-0648. All proceeds will benefit the kidney transplant fund for Scott. To make a donation, there is a fund set up at First State Bank.
• Revival, Sept. 15-19, Apostolic Church of Jesus, 178 Stonewall Rd., Byhalia. Evangelist Bobby Carter from Clarksdale will be speaker. Services on the 15-17 at 7 p.m.; 18, 10 a.m.; and the 19 at 10 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. Carter will lead a youth conference on the 17. Pastor Garland Loveless and congregation invite everyone. For more info. call 901-870-1934.
• Annual Fall Festival, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Rides, games, food, singing, fun, and relaxation. Everyone is invited. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., is host pastor.
• CONCERT Clear Creek Baptist Church will have a singing featuring the Cross City Quartet from Corinth. Fellowship at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m.
• Youth conference Mt. Moriah MB Church, Sat., Sept. 18, 8 a.m.-3 p.m. with several presenters. Reg. fee includes morning snack and light lunch. For more info. call Evangelist Milony Jenkins, 901--797-8216 or the pastor, Rev. R.J. Wilson, 662-252-7359.
• Men’s Breakfast Victory Church, 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park, will have a Men’s Fellowship Breakfast, 8 a.m. For more information call Melvin Shackelford, 901-831-7623.
• Homecoming, Macedonia Baptist Church, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. The Macedonia Praise Team will be performing. Service will be followed with fellowship and a buffet.
• MUSICIAN’S APPRECIATION Rising Star M.B. Church invites all choirs, groups, choruses to come join them in this singing program, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites all. For more information call Florida Manning, 662-252-7493 or 544-6139.
• Men and Women’s Day Hopewell No. 2 MB Church, with morning service at 10:45 a.m. and program at 2 p.m.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Friday Night Fight, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., is host pastor.
• Sunday School Promotion Day, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 9 a.m. Join us in celebrating Christian education and growth. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., is host pastor.
• Homecoming First Southern Baptist Church, in Victoria, Sept. 26. Everyone welcome. Guest singers and lunch served after morning service.
• Dedication service Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a continuation of dedication service at 4 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Robert Hamilton and the Golden Gate Cathedral COGIC of New Albany. Pastor Curtis Pritchard Sr. invites all.
• Love Day Free Branch MB Church will have Pastor and Wife Love Day, 2 p.m. The speaker will be Pastor Goliday along with the Clear Creek Church family. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• CUB SCOUT MEETING Cub Scout Pack 348 of Mt. Pleasant will meet at the Mt. Pleasant Methodist Church, 6 p.m. For more information contact cubmaster, 851-3355; mobile 901-277-3141.
• Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Rd., half a mile south of Goodman, on October 2 at 12 noon. Featured guests are the Williams Family and many more. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• ANNUAL GOSPEL FALL FESTIVAL will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church, 11 a.m. until. Good food, fun, games and spiritual singing will be held. For more information, call Sis. Paula Byers at 662-551-1060. Rev. Patrick Bailey is pastor.
• Benefit for Bro. Frank and Peggy Feathers will be held at Fellowship Baptist Church, Hwy. 309 North, beginning at 6 p.m. Featured singers will be The Thomas Family from Holly Springs and Barbara Overbey from Memphis, Tenn. For more information call Bruce Shaw, 662-838-2773, or Pastor Wade Crum, 901-825-7166. A love offering will be taken. Donations of new household items will be greatly appreciated.
• First Sunday Fest Oct. 3, fall arts and crafts fest at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, beginning at 7 a.m. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Meeting The Holly Springs Masonic Lodge No. 35 will meet at 7 p.m. on Oct. 4. All are urged to attend.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page