Thursday, September 2, 2010
City police make arrests, investigate assaults, mischief
Two felony arrests were made last week in Holly Springs, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Rodriquez Pegues, 35, of the 100 block of Maury, was arrested and charged with child abuse, he said.
James Freeman, 61, of the 300 block of Brigance Lane, was arrested and charged with sexual battery, Pearson said.
Officers investigated the following incident reports:
Sunday, August 22
• burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 400 block of West College Avenue. A ceiling fan was stolen. Entry was through a rear window.
• malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of North Center Street. A windshield wiper was damaged.
• domestic violence-simple assault was reported.
Monday, August 23
• malicious mischief was reported in the 800 block of West Street. A rear view mirror was damaged.
• simple assault was reported in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• a commercial building was burglarized in the 100 block of East Van Dorn. Approximately $5 in coins was stolen.
• simple assault was reported in the area of Highway 178 West.
• simple assault was reported in the area of North Center Street near the alley.
Tuesday, August 24
• trespassing was reported in the 200 block of North Memphis Street.
• malicious mischief was reported in the 100 block of Rust Avenue. A window was shattered.
Wed., August 25
• malicious mischief was reported in the 800 block of West Street. The bumper of a vehicle was damaged.
Thursday, August 26
• sexual battery was reported in the 1900 block of Crescent Meadow Drive.
• sexual battery was reported in the 100 block of South Chesterman.
• simple assault was reported in the 200 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
Friday, August 27
• disturbance of the peace was reported in the 100 block of Park Avenue.
• malicious mischief and burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 200 block of West College Avenue. A Panasonic radio was damaged and a Wii console and three games were stolen. Entry to the residence was through the rear door.
Officers reported these additional activities - speeding, 14; no license/expired driver’s license, 2; no tag/expired tag, 2; disregard for traffic device, 3; improper passing, 1; simple assault, 2; leaving the scene of an accident, 1; disorderly conduct, 2; public drunk, 1; resisting arrest, 1; trespassing, 1; gambling, 1; littering, 1; and contempt of court, 6.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page