September 2, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Midweek Service will be held at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker each Wednesday. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• Revival Friendship Baptist Church, Sept. 2-4. Services will start 7 p.m. each night. Guest speaker will be Bro. Kevin Merrit, with special music by the Haynes Family. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Grand reunion St. Mary’s/CADET/ Holy Family Reunion will be held Friday, September 3 - Sunday, September 5, in Holly Springs. The Holy Family School present staff and students will welcome the alumni with a special assembly on Friday, September 3, at 1 p.m. All are welcomed.
• HUGE YARD SALE The Apostolic Church of Jesus, located at 178 Stonewall Road in Byhalia will have a huge yard sale, September 3-4, Friday and Saturday, 8 a.m. until. A little of this and a little of that. The sale will be in the fellowship hall. Don’t miss out on these bargains; everything must go.
• Fish fry Isaac Chapel, on the church lawn, Fri., Sept. 3, 10 a.m. Selling fish plates, etc., 2 p.m. until.
• FAMILY REUNION All families of the late Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine are invited to an annual family reunion at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309, South of Byhalia.
• Gospel singing featuring the Downs Family will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 7 p.m. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone. The church is located on Cayce Road, one mile south of Goodman.
• The Gathering with Lettie B. Todd-Moore will be held on Rabbit Ridge Road, off Red Banks Road, Saturday, 12 noon until; Sunday 2 p.m. until. Bring your lawn chairs.
• singing Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Rd., half a mile south of Goodman, on Sept. 4, at 7 p.m. Featured guests are the Downs Family. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, Sept. 4, with Mike DeVore. Fellowship meal at 6 p.m., singing follows at 7. For more info. call Bro. Jimmy Curle, 662-837-1347.
• Friends and family day Sept. 5, 4 p.m., at Providence MB Church, sponsored by the Hudson Singers. Under the leadership of Pastor Alonzo Johnson. Come join us!
• Regular services Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Sept. 5.
• Friends meeting The Friends of the Marshall County Library will hold their first meeting of the year, Tues., Sept. 7 at 11:30 a.m., with a program at 12 noon. The speaker will be Tammy Cupp of Holly Springs, on identity theft and ways to avoid it. All Friends programs are open to the public, and refreshments are always served. Please plan on attending.
• Benefit fish fry for Lemarcus and Clarice Moore, who lost their home in a fire, 5-7 p.m. at Marshall Academy. Kenny Dickerson will be cooking the fish; the price is $10 a plate. Contact Aaron Valentine 901-826-7389 or LuAnn Gibson 662-544-0369 for tickets.
• Program The faculty and students at the Primary School will honor their grandparents with a program Friday, September 10, 1 p.m. All grandparents are invited to attend.
• Sunday School Night, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 6 p.m. Guest teachers from various area churches. Public is invited. Rev. J.W. Smith, Jr., host pastor.
• Senior Choir Day, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 2 p.m.
All area choirs invited to participate. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor
• HUNTER SAFETY CLASS will be held Sept. 13, 14, 15, 6:30 p.m.-10 p.m. at the Byhalia High School Library, Hwy. 309 N in Byhalia. Must be at least 10 years of age and bring Social Security number. For more information and to register for class call 662-563-6330.
• Annual Fall Festival, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Rides, games, food, singing, fun, and relaxation. Everyone is invited. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor
• Homecoming, Macedonia Baptist Church, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. The Macedonia Praise Team will be performing. Service will be followed with fellowship and a buffet.
• MUSICIAN’S APPRECIATION Rising Star M.B. Church invites all choirs, groups, choruses to come join them in this singing program, 2:30 p.m. Pastor Robert McClain invites all. For more information call Florida Manning, 662-252-7493 or 544-6139.
• MEETING The Marshall County Humane Society will have its regular monthly meeting at 6 p.m. at the VFW, Hwy. 7 South, in Holly Springs. Everyone is welcome.
• Friday Night Fight, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 7 p.m. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Sunday School Promotion Day, Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, 9 a.m. Join us in celebrating Christian education and growth. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr., host pastor.
• Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Rd., half a mile south of Goodman, on October 2 at 12 noon. Featured guests are the Williams Family and many more. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• ANNUAL GOSPEL FALL FESTIVAL will be held at St. Mark M.B. Church, 11 a.m. until. Good food, fun, games and spiritual singing will be held. For more information, call Sis. Paula Byers at 662-551-1060. Rev. Patrick Bailey is pastor.
• First Sunday Fest Oct. 3, fall arts and crafts fest at Mt. Pisgah CME Church, beginning at 7 a.m. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page