Thursday, August 26, 2010
Police investigate burglaries
Holly Springs police made one arrest last week in a burglary case, according to chief Robert Pearson.
Danny R. Watkins, 22, of Holly Springs, was arrested and charged with felony commercial burglary and driving without a driver’s license, he said.
Fifteen other incidents were reported for the week ending August 21.
Sunday, August 15
• burglary of a dwelling was reported in the 100 block of Chulahoma. A nine-inch television and a Motorola Metrocast converter box were stolen from the residence. Forcible entry was gained through a rear door.
Monday, August 16
• burglary of a commercial building in the 100 block of Heritage Drive was reported. Approximately $40 was stolen. Entry was gained through a bathroom window.
Tuesday, August 17
• disorderly conduct was reported in the 200 block of McCoy.
• burglary of a commercial building was reported in the 200 block of Heritage Drive. A Hewlett Packard laptop and a drum of refrigerant were stolen. Entry was through the bathroom window.
Thursday, August 19
• domestic violence-simple assault was reported in the 100 block of Sharon Heights.
Friday, August 20
• burglary of a commercial vehicle in the area of East Boundary was reported. Items reported missing from the vehicle included a Sony digital camera, a black Motorola Hint cell phone, a backpack containing three outfits and a purse containing a birth certificate and a Regions debit card. There were no suspects as of Monday this week.
• burglary of a commercial building was reported in the 100 block of Heritage drive. A 23-inch Polaroid LCD television and amplifier and three Magnavox remote controls were stolen.
• telephone harassment was reported in the 1000 block of West Woodward Avenue.
• grand larceny of a four-wheeler and a bicycle was reported in the 500 block of Huggins.
• several reports of malicious mischief were made from the areas of Rust Avenue, Park Avenue and Walthall Street where several mailboxes were damaged.
• an automobile was stolen in the 300 block of MLK Drive.
Saturday, August 21
• simple assault on a minor was reported in the 100 block of West Woodward.
• malicious mischief was reported in the 300 block of West Valley Avenue.
• dwelling was burglarized in the 800 block of Hudsonville Road. Nothing was missing. Entery was through a door on the north end of the residence.
• harassment was reported in the 100 block of Spring Street.
Officers reported these additional activities: driving while license suspended, 4; no driver’s license/expired driver's license, 4; disregard for traffic device, 1; no proof of insurance, 7; simple assault, 1; leaving the scene of an accident, 1; disorderly conduct, 1; trespassing, 1; and contempt of court, 7.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page