August 26, 2010
Calendar of Events
• REVIVAL Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will have their Seasoned Saint’s Revival, August 25-27, 7 p.m. Guest speakers will be Rev. Etoy Bogard and Sandhill New Faith, Wed.; Bishop Ernest Jordan and Jordan Temple, Thurs.; and Rev. Joe T. Lester and Isom Chapel, Friday.
• Revival, New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 Red Banks Rd. Aug. 25-27, 7 p.m. Back by popular demand, speaker Bishop Terrell T.J. Johnson.
• 4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the 4-H Extension Office at 6 p.m We will make ice cream. New members are always welcome.
• Free supplies Victoria Community Center will be giving away school supplies to students of the Victoria area who may need assistance with supplies on August 27, 4 p.m. For more information call Delia Reed, center director, 901-649-2741.
• Prayer Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. All men are invited to be here and take part in this great time.
• Ladies’ Meeting, Victory Church, 2 p.m., with special guest speaker. For more information call Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881; or Angela Flores, 662-279-7371. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Ordination conference Sponsored by Mt. Moriah MB Church, Sat., Aug. 28, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Teacher will be Apostle Adam Davis from Word on the Move Ministries in Olive Branch. Reg. fee includes lunch. For more info. call Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, pastor, at 662-252-7359.
• NAACP meeting Marshall County Branch monthly meeting, 10 a.m. at Asbury United Methodist Church, 225 W. College Ave. All members are encouraged to attend.
• Singing Evangel Full Gospel Assembly, Holly Springs, with local singers and instrumentalists. Congregational singing for everyone. Visiting singers are invited to participate. Singing time is 7 p.m.
• Fun in the park, Potts Camp City Park, Sat., Aug. 28, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Free snow cones, games and activities. Sponsored by the Marshall County Baptists.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual choir day at 3 p.m. Guest choirs will be Mt. Pisgah C.M.E., Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Mt. Zion-Taska MB, Bibleway COGIC and Faith Heritage COGIC. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Homecoming Bethany Baptist Church, Potts Camp, 11 a.m., with speaker Doug Rakestraw. Fellowship meal and song service following morning message. Pastor Donald Worsham, 333-4439.
• Fundraiser Emory Independent Methodist Church will have smoked Boston butts for Labor Day, $25. Order from now to August 29. Contact #: (662) 233-4642, (662) 838-7878, (901) 212-1659. Pick-up times for orders are: Sat., Sept. 4, 9 - 9:30 a.m. - Bro. Leon Burton’s home; 10 - 10:30 a.m. - Emory Methodist Church.
• Hallelujah Sunday, Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 2641 Laws Hill Road, Holly Springs, August 29. Everyone is invited. Special guest speaker is Bro. Jim Burke, associational director for Marshall County. Fellowship. Meal will follow the 11 a.m. worship and Bro. Burke will perform the Book of James, in period costume, following the meal. Pastor Bro. Larry O. West, 333-7410.
• FIfth Sunday service Hopewell #2 MB Church in Hudsonville will have morning service the fifth Sunday, August 29, at 11 a.m. Everyone is invited.
• Sunday service Aug. 29, regular morning services: 9:30 a.m. Sunday school; 11 a.m. worship service, 11 a.m. Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor.
• Revival, 7 p.m. nightly at Adolphus Chapel, Aug. 30-Sept. 3. Speaker will be pastor Willie Hoey of Pleasant Hill. Host pastor, Billy Williams.
• Midweek Service will be held at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker each Wednesday. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• Revival Friendship Baptist Church, Sept. 2-4. Services will start 7 pm. each night. Guest speaker will be Bro. Kevin Merrit, with special music by the Haynes Family. Bro. Justin Haynes, pastor. Everyone is invited.
• Grand reunion St. Mary’s/CADET/ Holy Family Reunion will be held Friday, September 3 - Sunday, September 5, in Holly Springs. The Holy Family School present staff and students will welcome the alumni with a special assembly on Friday, September 3, at 1 p.m. All are welcomed.
• FAMILY REUNION All families of the late Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine are invited to an annual family reunion at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309, South of Byhalia.
• singing featuring the Downs Family will be held at Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, 7 p.m. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone. The church is located on Cayce Road, one mile south of Goodman.
• The Gathering with Lettie B. Todd-Moore will be held on Rabbit Ridge Road, off Red Banks Road, Saturday, 12 noon until; Sunday 2 p.m. until. Bring your lawn chairs.
• Singing Chewalla Baptist Church, Sept. 4, with Mike DeVore. Fellowship meal at 6 p.m., singing follows at 7. For more info. call Bro. Jimmy Curle, 662-837-1347.
• Friends and family day Sept. 5, 4 p.m., at Providence MB Church, sponsored by the Hudson Singers. Under the leadership of Pastor Alonzo Johnson. Come join us!
• Friends meeting The Friends of the Marshall County Library will hold their first meeting of the year, Tues., Sept. 7 at 11:30 a.m., with a program at 12 noon. The speaker will be Tammy Cupp of Holly Springs, on identity theft and ways to avoid it. All Friends programs are open to the public, and refreshments are always served. Please plan on attending.
• HUNTER SAFETY CLASS will be held Sept. 13, 14, 15, 6:30 p.m.-10 p.m. at the Byhalia High School Library, Hwy. 309 N in Byhalia. Must be at least 10 years of age and bring Social Security number. For more information and to register for class, call 662-563-6330.
• Homecoming, Macedonia Baptist Church, Sept. 19 at 11 a.m. The Macedonia Praise Team will be performing. Service will be followed with fellowship and a buffet.
• Homecoming Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, located on Cayce Rd., half a mile south of Goodman, on October 2 at 12 noon. Featured guests are the Williams Family and many more. Pastor Billy Watkins invites everyone.
• Midweek Service will be held each Wednesday night at Isaac Chapel, Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, 7 p.m. There will be a different speaker for each service. Pastor Willie Ward invites everyone.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page