August 19, 2010
Calendar of Events
• MEN’S WEEK will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, August 19-20, 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S REVIVAL will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4205 Hwy. 78, Red Banks, August 18-20, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Bruce Williams; theme “Breaking Free.” For more info., call Rhonda Jones, 901-674-0267, Yolanda Jones, 901-848-6070 or the church office at 662-551-1500.
• Prayer Breakfast will be held at the Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4205 Hwy. 178, Red Banks, 8 a.m. Special speaker will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntyre Church. For more info. call the church office at 662-551-1500 or Evangelist Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• Bible class, 7 p.m. at Mt. Pisgah Church, 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia.
• Revival Rising Star Church, Aug. 18-20, 7 p.m. nightly. Rev. T. Norman and Mt. Newell Church family will be the guests. Host pastor, Rev. Robert McClain.
• Meeting cancelled 4-H Lessye Lee Davis Club Meeting scheduled for August 19 at the Marshall County Library has been cancelled.
• BANQUET Habitat for Humanity – Marshall County annual banquet will be held at Rust Cafeteria, 7 p.m. Tickets are $15.
• Back to School Blast with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. This will be a day in the sun full of fun. For more information be at Friendship A. G. on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Church located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. to entrance.
• FELLOWSHIP SUPPER Victoria UMC will host a fellowship supper at the church at 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. The community is invited to attend.
• MALE CHORUS Anniversary begins at 6 p.m. and will climax at 2 p.m. on August 22 at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Fall revival begins Aug. 25-27, 7 p.m.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries at 8 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntrye Church Family. Tickets are available. For more info. call 662-551-1500. Pastor is Bruce Williams.
• Bake Sale Lessye Lee Davis, 4-H Club, Wal-Mart, Saturday, August 21. If you would like to donate a cake for the bake sale, call Mary at 662-252-5920.
• Class reunion The next planning meeting is Saturday, August 21, Holy Family School. The reunion choir will rehearse at 11:30, at the school.
•Hunter Safety Class, 8 a.m.-until, Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N, Holly Springs. Must be at least 10 years of age, must bring Social Security number. For more information and to register for class, call 662-563-6330.
• SINGING will be held at Calvary Baptist Church, Lamar, 6:30 p.m. Cross City Quartet will be featured guests. Fellowship will follow service.
• Fish fry, Chulahoma Lodge, Hwy. 4, will host a fish fry, Aug. 21, 10 a.m. until
• ANNIVERSARY The Twilight Singers will celebrate their anniversary at the Baptist Seminary on Cuba Street, 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. There will be several groups performing. Donation requested.
• Usher day Free Branch MB Church, Sat., Aug. 22, 2 p.m. Pastor S.A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove Church family of Red Banks will be guests. Pastor J.L. Tunstall.
• Regular service at Mt. Pisgah Church, Sunday school, 9:30 a.m., worship service at 11 a.m. 3877 Cayce Rd., Byhalia. Rev. Eddie Joe Wilson, pastor, invites everyone.
• REVIVAL Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will have their Seasoned Saint’s Revival, August 25-27, 7 p.m. Guest speakers will be Rev. Etoy Bogard and Sandhill New Faith, Wed.; Bishop Ernest Jordan and Jordan Temple, Thurs.; and Rev. Joe T. Lester and Isom Chapel, Friday.
• Revival, New Faith Outreach Ministries, 1296 Red Banks Rd., Aug. 25-27, 7 p.m. Back by popular demand, speaker Bishop Terrell T.J. Johnson.
• 4-H meeting The Lessye Lee Davis 4-H Club will meet at the 4-H Extension Office at 6 p.m We will make ice cream. New members are always welcome.
• Free supplies Victoria Community Center will be giving away school supplies to students of the Victoria area that may need assistance with supplies on August 27, 4 p.m. For more information call Delia Reed, center director, 901-649-2741.
• Prayer Breakfast 7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. All men are invited to be here and take part in this great time.
• Ladies’ Meeting, Victory Church, 2 p.m., with special guest speaker. For more information call Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881; or Angela Flores, 662-279-7371. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park.
• Ordination conference Sponsored by Mt. Moriah MB Church, Sat., Aug. 28, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Teacher will be Apostle Adam Davis from Word on the Move Ministries in Olive Branch. Reg. fee includes lunch. For more info. call Rev. Dr. R.J. Wilson, pastor, at 662-252-7359.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual choir day at 3 p.m. Guest choirs will be Mt. Pisgah C.M.E., Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Mt. Zion-Taska M.B., Bibleway C.O.G.I.C. and Faith Heritage COGIC. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Homecoming Bethany Baptist Church, Potts Camp, 11 a.m., with speaker Doug Rakestraw. Fellowship meal and song service following morning message. Pastor Donald Worsham, 333-4439.
• Fundraiser Emory Independent Methodist Church will have smoked Boston butts for Labor Day, $25. Order from now to August 29. Contact #: (662) 233-4642, (662) 838-7878, (901) 212-1659. Pick-up times for orders are: Sat., Sept. 4, 9 - 9:30 a.m. - Bro. Leon Burton's home; 10 - 10:30 a.m. - Emory Methodist Church.
• Revival, 7 p.m. nightly at Adolphus Chapel, Aug. 30-Sept. 3. Speaker will be pastor Willie Hoey of Pleasant Hill. Host pastor, Billy Williams.
• Grand reunion St. Mary’s/CADET/ Holy Family Reunion will be held Friday, September 3 - Sunday, September 5, in Holly Springs. The Holy Family School present staff and students will welcome the alumni with a special assembly on Friday, September 3, at 1 p.m. All are welcomed.
• FAMILY REUNION All families of the late Estell Glass Faulkner and the late Annie Glass Craine are invited to an annual family reunion at the home of Eliza Mae Craine, Hwy. 309, South of Byhalia.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page