August 12, 2010
Calendar of Events
• Revival Hopewell #2 Missionary Baptist Church of Hudsonville, began their annual revival Monday, August 9, through Friday, August 13. Rev. Bruce Williams of Arks of Safety Church, Red Banks will be our special guest. Everyone is invited.
• MISSIONARY DAY PROGRAM will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 11 a.m. Guests will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntyre Church family. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• PTA meeting Holly Springs Intermediate School, Thurs., Aug. 12, 5:30 p.m. at the Intermediate School library. All parents are encouraged to attend.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host their monthly singing featuring the Cross City Quartet from Corinth, 5 p.m.
• Solo program Saturday, August 14, at 6 p.m. Christ New Beginning MB Church will be having a gospel solo program; many local soloists will be present. Pastor Harvey L. Garrison, 440 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs. Please come and celebrate with us!
• Meeting St. Mary’s/CADET/Holy Family Reunion committee meeting, Sat., Aug. 14, 1 p.m., at the Holy Family School. For additional information, contact Willie Mallory, chairperson, at 901-326-8126.
• Bake sale Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will be having a bake sale at Wal-Mart in Holly Springs. Pastor is Curtis Pritchard Sr.
• Rummage sale Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a rummage sale and family portrait day on the new church grounds. For more information call Jorina Pritchard, 662-851-3323.
• Revival Landmark Pentecostal Church, Olive Branch, will have a revival Aug. 14-15. Food will be served at 12 noon, service begins at 2 p.m. and evening service at 7 p.m. on Saturday. David and Charles Henderson will preach Saturday. Sunday, August 15, services will be 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. with Matthew Johnson speaking. The church is located at 10204 Goodman Road., Olive Branch. Pastor is Kenneth Stacy.
• King and Queen Drive will be held at the Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries in Red Banks, 5 p.m. Special guests will be Evon Wyatt of Harvey, Ill., and Elder Joseph Wyatt and the True Holiness Choir of Collierville, Tenn. For more info. call the church, 662-551-1500, or Anita Wyatt, 551-6080.
• Guest speaker Special guest evangelist Ryan Post to speak at Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria at 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
• Homecoming Fellowship Baptist Church hosts homecoming, with dinner on the grounds and singing at 1:30 p.m. The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn., will be guests, along with McMillan and Life from Nashville, Tenn. Wade Crum is pastor. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia Road.
• Choir Concert Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 6 p.m. Located at 3877 Cayce Road. Eddie Joe Wilson is the pastor.
• Musicians Love Day On Sunday, August 15, at 2:30 p.m. Christ New Beginning MB Church will be celebrating Musicians Love Day. Please come and celebrate with us! Pastor Harvey L. Garrison, 440 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs.
• FAMILY AND FRIENDS DAY will be observed at Pleasant Grove M.B. Church in Red Banks, 11 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Columbus Bell and the Philadelphia M.B. Church of Coffeeville.
• Revival will be held at the Church of the Living Gospel, located at four-way stop in Watson, August 15-18. Services Sunday will be at 1:30 p.m., Mon.-Wed., 7:30 p.m. featuring the Sloan family.
• MEN’S WEEK will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, August 19-20, 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S REVIVAL will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4205 Hwy. 78, Red Banks, August 18-20, 7 p.m. Speaker will be Bruce Williams; theme “Breaking Free.” For more info., call Rhonda Jones, 901-674-0267, Yolanda Jones, 901-848-6070 or the church office at 662-551-1500.
• Prayer Breakfast will be held at the Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4205 Hwy. 178, Red Banks, 8 a.m. Special speaker will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntyre Church. For more info. call the church office at 662-551-1500 or Evangelist Catherine Todd at 662-564-3419.
• Meeting cancelled 4-H Lessye Lee Davis Club Meeting scheduled for August 19 at the Marshall County Library has been cancelled.
• Back to School Blast with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. This will be a day in the sun full of fun. For more information be at Friendship A. G. on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Church located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. to entrance.
• FELLOWSHIP SUPPER Victoria UMC will host a fellowship supper at the church at 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. The community is invited to attend.
• MALE CHORUS Anniversary begins at 6 p.m. and will climax at 2 p.m. on August 22 at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Fall revival begins Aug. 25-27, 7 p.m.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries at 8 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntrye Church Family. Tickets are available. For more info. call 662-551-1500. Pastor is Bruce Williams.
• Bake Sale at Wal-Mart on Saturday, August 21. If you would like to donate a cake for the bake sale, call Mary at 662-252-5920.
• Hunter Safety Class, 8 a.m.-until, Marshall County Fairgrounds, Hwy. 7 N, Holly Springs. Must be at least 10 years of age, must bring Social Security number. For more information and to register for class, call 662-563-6330.
• ANNIVERSARY The Twilight Singers will celebrate their anniversary at the Baptist Seminary on Cuba Street, 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. There will be several groups performing. Donation requested.
• Usher day Free Branch MB Church, Sat., Aug. 22, 2 p.m. Pastor S.A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove Church family of Red Banks will be guests. Pastor is J.L. Tunstall.
• REVIVAL Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will have their Seasoned Saint’s Revival, August 25-27, 7 p.m. Guest speakers will be Rev. Etoy Bogard and Sandhill New Faith, Wed.; Bishop Ernest Jordan and Jordan Temple, Thurs.; and Rev. Joe T. Lester and Isom Chapel, Friday.
• Prayer Breakfast 7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. All men are invited to be here and take part in this great time.
• Ladies’ Meeting, Victory Church 2 p.m. with special guest speaker. For more information call Sandy Shackelford, 901-326-0881; or Angela Flores, 662-279-7371. The church is located at 103 Lowry Drive, Byhalia Industrial Park.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual choir day at 3 p.m. Guest choirs will be Mt. Pisgah C.M.E., Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Mt. Zion-Taska M.B., Bibleway C.O.G.I.C. and Faith Heritage COGIC. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prichard Sr.
• Homecoming Bethany Baptist Church, Potts Camp, 11 a.m., with speaker Doug Rakestraw. Fellowship meal and song service following morning message. Pastor is Donald Worsham, 333-4439.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page