Thursday, August 5, 2010
Holly Spring police investigate vandalism, burglaries and more
Holly Springs police officers responded to the following calls and took reports for the week ending July 31.
• a vandalism was reported in the 100 block of Shadow Lane.
• a patio set was taken from Holly Estates.
• a possible child abuse report was turned over to the Department of Human Services.
• charges were filed in a domestic assault that was reported in the 300 block of Martin Luther King Drive.
• trespassing was reported on the Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad off Rolfing Road.
• an attempted shoplifting was reported in the 500 block of Van Dorn. The subject returned the item and left the store when asked to pay for the item.
• tires and rims were stolen from a vehicle in the 500 block of West Street.
• charges were filed in a domestic violence complaint in the 300 block of West Valley.
• Walmart reported a subject for trespassing who had previously been banned from the store for shoplifting.
• a child neglect case was reported in the 100 block of West Valley and the case was turned over to the Department of Human Services.
• a malicious mischief was reported in the 500 block of West College Avenue when a a mailbox had been uprooted and taken away.
• a commercial building was burglarized in the 800 block of Highway 178 East. The suspect forced the back door open, took keys from a desk drawer and stole change from the Coke machine.
• a trailer and carpentry tools and saws and a generator were reported stolen in the 400 block of Old Hudsonville Road.
• a simple assault was reported in the 200 block of Clara Street when 12 males entered a residence and attack one of the occupants.
• a private fence at a residence was hit by a vehicle in the 900 block of Salem. The suspect left the scene and was subsequently arrested.
• a trespasser was reported in the 100 block of McKinney.
• an automobile burglary was reported in the 300 block of North Randolph. A GPS and cell phone chargers were taken when the rear door was accidentally left unlocked.
• a rape was reported in the 200 block of West Valley.
• a subject damaged a parked vehicle and then left the scene at Cousin’s Shell on Highway 7 South.
• a vehicle was damaged at Coopwood Park and the subject left the scene.
• a minor was assaulted at Rankin Circle.
Police arrested Melvin Sledge, 19, on July 26 and he was charged with robbery and assault, according
Police reported these additional activities - speeding, 6; driving while licenses suspended, 4; no driver’s license/expired driver’s license, 5; careless driving, 1; no proof of insurance, 7.
News: (662) 252-4261 or email@example.com
Questions, comments, corrections: firstname.lastname@example.org
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page