August 5, 2010
Calendar of Events
• DOG DAYS Marshall County Humane Society presents Dog Days Goes Country to benefit homeless animals of Marshall County. There will be live and silent auctions, 5:30-9 p.m. at the VFW in Holly Springs. There will be live music and food.
• PIZZA PARTY There will be a pizza-game party at the Victoria United Methodist Church fellowship hall, at 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. All children ages 3–11 in the community are invited.
• FISH FRY will be held 10 a.m.-6 p.m. at True Vine M.B. Church, 525 West Street. Pastor Darrell Cunningham invites everyone.
• Church yard sale - Apostolic Church of Jesus located on 178 Stonewall Road, Byhalia, will have a huge yard sale Aug. 6-7, 8 a.m. until. Clothes, electronics, movies, what-nots, and more.
• Picnic Community Temple Church, off Mt. Zion Rd., is planning a day of fun and food Aug. 7. School supplies will be handed out. Come visit us. Pastor, Frank Moore, 851-0973 or 851-3388.
• GOSPEL SINGING Mt. Calvary Pentecostal Church, gospel singing, 7 p.m. with the Williams Family.
• MONTHLY SINGING at Chewalla Baptist Church will feature The Smith Family. Fellowship meal begins at 6 p.m., singing at 7 p.m. For info. call Bro. Jim Curle at 662-837-1347.
• YOUTH EXTRAVAGANZA will be held at New Faith Outreach Ministries, 6 p.m. Pastor Tracy Jeffries invites everyone. There will be free uniforms, school supplies and activities for the youth.
• RUMMAGE SALE, Watson Fire Dept., Friday, August 6, and Saturday, August 7 - 8 a.m. til 2 p.m., 121 Watson Road, next door to the Watson Fire Dept., at the old Watson Saddle Club. Open rain or shine. Building is big, and has air conditioning. As usual we will have lots of stuff! Most clothing will be 50 cents each this sale.
• Back to School Fun Fest, 10 a.m. – 12 noon, with refreshments, a huge inflatable obstacle course for the kids to enjoy, and free school supplies. Fun for the entire family. Drawings will be held to give away backpack/book bags at noon. Everyone in the community is welcome. At Victoria Heights Baptist Church, corner of Victoria Road and U.S. Highway 78.
• Revival Free Branch MB Church, first week in August, beginning Aug. 7, 7 p.m. Evangelist for the week will be Bishop C. Gipson. Pastor, J.L. Tunstall.
• Sale New Life Tabernacle Church will have a consignment sale, 8285 Hwy. 178, Byhalia, 7:30 a.m. Clothes, furniture, Home Interior, pictures and more. Call 662-838-7396 for more info.
• Summer musical McIntyre MB Church, Holly Springs, Sat., Aug. 7, 6 p.m. Come and be blessed. Pastor, Robert W. Garrison.
• ReheaRsal St. Mary's/CADET/Holy Family Reunion choir will rehearse at Holy Family School on Sat., Aug. 7, 12:00 noon and each Saturday thereafter up until the reunion, Sept. 3-5, in Holly Springs. Former choir members, faculty and staff are invited to participate in the choir. Contact Patricia Boga at 901-292-0698 for more information.
• Sundaes! Here’s a special treat you don’t want to miss. The Missionettes of Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria is hosting a Sunday Sundae fund-raiser 7 p.m. at the church. Ice cream will be $1 per scoop with your choice of topping.
• HOMECOMING Pleasant Hill CME Church, located in Mt. Pleasant, will hold its annual homecoming/family and friends day program, 2:30 p.m. Rev. Gipson Jones of Jerusalem MB Church of Memphis, Tenn., will be the guest. Rev. Willie Hoey, pastor, invites everyone.
• MISSIONARY DAY will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Church, 11 a.m. Guest speaker will be Rev. Harvey Garrison.
• FREE BREAKFAST will be served every Sunday in August, 8:30-9:30 a.m. at True Vine M.B. Church, 525 West Street. Pastor is Darrell Cunningham.
• PRE-ANNIVERSARY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have a pre-anniversary service for Pastor Curtis and Evangelist Richenda Pritchard, 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder George Hicks and the True Vine C.O.G.I.C. of Memphis, Tenn. Everyone is invited.
• FRIENDS AND FAMILY DAY will be observed at Christ Temple C.O.G.I.C. at 3 p.m. Special guests will be Elder Johnathan Wiley and the St. James C.O.G.I.C. of Como. Everyone is invited.
• FAMILY REUNION Will Todd’s family celebration will be held at Community Temple Church, Mt. Zion Road, 2 p.m. For more details call Mother Lettie B. Todd-Moore, 662-851-7468.
• Singing Friendship Baptist Church, Old Hernando Road, August 8, featuring The Five Inspired. Sunday School 9:45 a.m., singing starts at 11 with a break for lunch at 12 noon. Pastor Justin Haynes and congregation invite all to attend.
• HOMECOMING Watson Community Church will celebrate homecoming with special guests Lee Smith, Audrey Smith and Amy Wolfmayer. Founders will be honored on this day. Services will begin at 10 a.m. with lunch after the service. The church is located at 2550 Hwy. 309 South.
• Musicians appreciation Mt. Pisgah CME Church, Cayce, will have their musicians appreciation at 2:30 p.m.
• Revival, Jones Grove Church, 305 Old Hwy. 7 South, Holly Springs, pastor John Powell. Aug. 9-13, 7 p.m. nightly. Guest speaker, Rev. Arthur Fitzpatrick; lecturer, Rev. John Powell. Everyone is invited to attend.
• MISSIONARY DAY PROGRAM will be held at Kimbrough Chapel, 11 a.m. Guests will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntyre Church family. Rev. J.W. Smith Jr. is host pastor.
• Singing Marianna Baptist Church will host their monthly singing featuring the Cross City Quartet from Corinth, 5 p.m.
• Solo program Saturday, August 14, at 6 p.m. Christ New Beginning MB Church will be having a gospel solo program; many local soloists will be present. Pastor Harvey L. Garrison, 440 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs. Please come and celebrate with us!
• Meeting St. Mary’s/CADET/Holy Family Reunion committee meeting, Sat., Aug. 14, 1 p.m., at the Holy Family School. For additional information, contact Willie Mallory, chairperson, at 901-326-8126.
• Guest speaker Special guest evangelist Ryan Post to speak at Friendship Assembly of God – Victoria at 10 a.m. Everyone is welcome!
• Homecoming Fellowship Baptist Church hosts homecoming, with dinner on the grounds and singing at 1:30 p.m. The Joylanders from Trenton, Tenn., will be guests. Wade Crum is pastor. The church is located on Hwy. 309 North, Byhalia Road.
• Choir Concert Mt. Pisgah CME Church, 6 p.m. Located at 3877 Cayce Road. Eddie Joe Wilson is the pastor.
• Musicians Love Day On Sunday, August 15, at 2:30 p.m. Christ New Beginning MB Church will be celebrating Musicians Love Day. Please come and celebrate with us! Pastor Harvey L. Garrison, 440 Martin Luther King Drive, Holly Springs.
• MEN’S WEEK will be held at Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church, August 19-20, 6 p.m.
• WOMEN’S REVIVAL will be held at Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries, 4205 Hwy. 78, Red Banks, August 18-20, 7 p.m.
• Back to School Blast with AfterShock Youth of Friendship Assembly of God, Victoria. This will be a day in the sun full of fun. For more information be at Friendship A. G. on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. Church located on Hwy. 78, take Victoria Exit 18, right on Friendship Rd. to entrance.
• FELLOWSHIP SUPPER Victoria UMC will host a fellowship supper at the church at 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. The community is invited to attend.
• MALE CHORUS Anniversary begins at 6 p.m. and will climax at 2 p.m. on August 22 at Kimbrough Chapel Church. Fall revival begins Aug. 25-27, 7 p.m.
• PRAYER BREAKFAST will be held at The Ark of Safety Outreach Ministries at 8 a.m. Special guests will be Pastor Robert Garrison and the McIntrye Church Family. Tickets are available. For more info. call 662-551-1500. Pastor is Bruce Williams.
• ANNIVERSARY The Twilight Singers will celebrate their anniversary at the Baptist Seminary on Cuba Street, 6:30 p.m. Everyone is invited. There will be several groups performing. Donation requested.
• Usher day Free Branch MB Church, Sat., Aug. 22, 2 p.m. Pastor S.A. Phillips and Pleasant Grove Church family of Red Banks will be guests. Pastor J.L. Tunstall.
• REVIVAL Kimbrough Chapel Baptist Church will have their Seasoned Saint’s Revival, August 25-27, 7 p.m. Guest speakers will be Rev. Etoy Bogard and Sandhill New Faith, Wed.; Bishop Ernest Jordan and Jordan Temple, Thurs.; and Rev. Joe T. Lester and Isom Chapel, Friday.
• Prayer Breakfast 7:30 a.m. hosted by Honor Bound Men’s Ministry of Friendship Assembly of God,Victoria. All men are invited to be here and take part in this great time.
• CHOIR DAY Mt. Sinai COGIC of Mt. Pleasant will have annual choir day at 3 p.m. Guest choirs will be Mt. Pisgah C.M.E., Kimbrough Chapel Mass Choir, Mt. Zion-Taska M.B., Bibleway C.O.G.I.C. and Faith Heritage COGIC. Everyone is invited. Pastor is Elder Curtis Prichard SR.
• FIFTH SUNDAY SERVICES Wilkins Chapel CME Church, Waterford, is now having 5th Sunday services. Sunday school, 10 a.m., morning worship, 11 a.m. Broadcast every Sunday, 6:30 p.m., FM 92.7.
• Class reunion Ashland High School class of 1975 is planning a class reunion. Please contact Joyce Terry at 662-544-1214 or Mary Foster Wilkins at 901-240-1298 for more info.
• Marriage counseling class Christ New Beginning Church, 440 Martin Luther King Dr., Holly Springs, will have a marriage counseling class each Wed., 6-7 p.m. beginning Feb. 4. Married, single, divorced or widowed are welcomed. For more info. call Rev. Harvey Garrison, pastor, 662-252-3813.
• Senior Theatre Club The FW Coleman Theatre Club for senior adults meets 1 p.m. on Tuesdays at 3877 Cayce Road in Cayce. For info. call 662-838-2551. For performances or guest appearances call 314-383-7410 or 662-383-2551. The meetings are open to the public. Bring your Bible for the study session, a pen, a pencil, and personal readings or songs to perform.
• Grief Share Ministry each Monday, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Hernando Presbyterian Church, 2070 Mt. Pleasant Road, Hernando. Pastor is Steve Woods, 662-449-0120. For more information call Bill Morris, 901-378-8979.
• Recovery Meeting SOS Christian Recovery Ministries will host a group meeting Friday evenings at 6 p.m. The group’s primary focus is drug addiction, alcoholism and the affected families. There will be a group for family members to learn how to cope and heal from the destructive behavior of an addict or an alcoholic in the family. The meeting place is Cedar Haven Baptist Church at 750 Hwy. 309 S, Byhalia, exit 14 off Hwy. 78, 4-lane, south and is the first building on your right! Call Mike at 901-827-8115 for more info.
• 3-D (Diet, Discipline & Discipleship), Christ-Centered Weight Loss Group will meet Tuesday nights at Victoria Heights Baptist Church. Weigh-in 5:30-6, meeting 6-7 p.m. For info. call Marion Pryor, 662-274-4893.
• MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: An illness, not an addition. If you are a victim of this masquerading illness and need support contact Bill and Janice Latimer at email@example.com or 901-268-1631 or 901-487-1355 - support group being formed.
• Clear Creek Baptist Church is accepting donations for the cemetery fund. All monies donated will go to maintain the cemetery. If <aryou have loved ones buried here or know someone who does, why not make a donation in their memory? Clear Creek Baptist Church, 1704 Clear Creek Rd., Lamar, MS 38642. Contact James Skelton, 662-252-5155.
• BUS MINISTRY The Apostolic Church of Jesus is now offering a bus ministry. If you need a ride to church, please call Bro. Bobby, cell, 662-560-3946 or home, 662-562-6765; or Pastor Garland Loveless, 662-838-8110. Services are Sun. morning, 10 a.m.-12 noon, Sun. evening, 6:30 p.m. and Wed. evening, 7:30 p.m.
• Awana at Red Banks Baptist Church. Every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. Please call 544-0531 for van transportation.
Supper, $5 per person, 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• AA MEETING - Open to public: AA meeting, every Tues. and Fri. night, 8 p.m., in Ashland at the Women’s Bldg. at the Fairgrounds. If you want to drink that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help. For more info. call 662-224-6151.
• CEMETERY MAINTENANCE Spring Hill Baptist Church has started a maintenance fund for cutting grass in the cemetery. If you would like to make a donation toward this fund in memory or in honor of a loved one, we would appreciate your help. The cemetery is maintained only by donations. Please make your donation to Spring Hill Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, Maxine Palmer, P.O. Box 55, Waterford, MS 38685.
News: (662) 252-4261 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, corrections: email@example.com
©2004, The South Reporter, All Rights Reserved.
No part of this site may be reproduced in any way without permission.
The South Reporter is a member of the Mississippi Press Association.
Site managed and maintained by
South Reporter webmasters Linda Jones, Kristian Jones
Web Site Design - The South Reporter
Back | Top of Page